• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Is this Call of Duty ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garack

Mar 16, 2006
This game is not was i was hoping for. A tactical shooter.

This game is: Fast Gameplay, Little Maps, Maps are last 10 Minutes, is there a server settings to make the maps longer?

Run and Gun like COD. Its a game for all Console Kiddies.

In this time are there real games out? Only this BC2, COD stuff all around.

I looking for maps/gameplay like in BF1942 El Alamain...

This game is: Fast Gameplay, Little Maps, Maps are last 10 Minutes, is there a server settings to make the maps longer?

You could map them yourself, don't you think?

Reactions: Timppaface
Upvote 0
I don't think the maps are particularly small.. apartments aside, but still that map is a decent size compared to most Call of Duty maps.

The speed thing is a bit annoying, you can sprint far too long and it has little effect on your aim, some kind of proper fatigue system would be nice.

Run and Gun? Well, I'll admit I've fell into that mind set rom time to time and it doesn't work, you 'run and gun' and you die a lot.

The game lengths vary depending on the teams, if you have one decent team and one poor, they're often short, however a nice balanced game can last a good while, in territory mode anyway. This will come in time when more and more people learn what they're supposed to be doing.

The difference between this game and Call of Duty is huge.

Upvote 0
From what I noticed so far playing this Beta is that the maps are very true to the style of play in the original Red Orchestra.

What I look forward to is the types of maps that Rising Storm mod has to offer, as I played Darkest Hour WAY more that RO because of the maps they had that were much more linear and seemed to flow better.

Also the massive influx of new players in RO2 devolved matches into unorganized skirmishes.

So give it time a while after release to spread its wings.

And this clip sums up how I think RO2 were to react to all of the negative criticism its recieved BEFORE it even released!

I'm a peacock, you gotta let me fly! - YouTube[/URL]

Upvote 0

As somebody who was ( partially still is ) a great fan of the CoD franchise over the years , I can only say...

Did you even play HoS ? Or did you join a map , decide to get all P90 on the Greman asses , and when died , did a little Alt F4 and decided to flame ?

Nothing personal... But whoever says that HoS is like CoD either dident play -At All- or needs to be Facepalmed IRL by a guy with hairy palms... ( not me )

Upvote 0
I played Black Ops free weekend , please this is not anything near it .

Did you play COD1 or 2? Its surpisingly simlar in a to of ways to those 2 games.

You can snap up the iron sights straight way and get a leathal shot from miles away even just after sprinting.

SMG's are accurate and deadly from long ranges on both guns.

MG's are under used and weak in both games.

You can run and gun in RO2, infact its the only way I've got any success, being slow and methodical means getting your head shot off from a rifelman 200 meters way peering out fo a window.

What I find works is, go as squad leader, spam the enemy with smoke, rush them, get in behind them and hip fire in the back them while they are all peering out of windows. Not only do you get loads of kills but becuase you in the cap you get a shed load of cap points too

Reactions: b0sco and Maizel
Upvote 0
If anything is to blame it is the size of the map Apartments. Being the most popular map from th beginning of the beta it was a bad first impression (for me anyways). I had mixed feelings about the game until I was able to actually play decent round on the other maps. With the larger maps especially Red October the longer sprint and general speed of the game is far less noticeable. Play any map besides Apartments or Barracks thats all I have to say.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.