• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Injuries do nothing ?

I doubt this will be the case.

The killboard goes a 100 Mph already, I doubt anyone would live long enough for it to become a real bother.

Also, I would just like to have it acknowledged that I got shot. It doesn't need to be anything too drastic. Right now it's just.

'' Oh got shot in the leg by a large caliber bullet. Well that's okay, I'll just slap a bandages on it and it should be totally fine to support my full weight again ''
I agree. Right now it's just "-X of health". It should be like the tank damage system where parts can be damaged separately. Got shot in the leg? You'll limp and slow down. Shot in the arm? Poor accuracy. And so on...

Reactions: Sarkis
Upvote 0
I agree. Right now it's just "-X of health". It should be like the tank damage system where parts can be damaged separately. Got shot in the leg? You'll limp and slow down. Shot in the arm? Poor accuracy. And so on...
yes ! yes ! yes !

When tripwire announced an advanced injuries system or whatever it was called. Permanent or none. this is the minimum i wanted about (this is reasonable, don't say it will break the entire game...).

In the beta actually, I'm very disappointed to see people keep running like guepard when you shoot them with a rifle shot in the leg/feet. To see people, when you shot them in the shoulder with a K98,
aim and make a perfect shot, stand up, from 80 meters between your eyes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think there's nothing more frustrating than getting a good solid hit with a bolt-action rifle just to have them sprint into cover, bandage in two seconds and then go powering off again. Definitely a mechanic that needs tweaking.
I know what's more frustrating, managing to pull off two good hip fire shots at someone down the stairs and he runs up and smacks your head at lightning speed due to stairs being how they are.
Goddamn I hope mods give bullet wounds more consequence, you can't sprint up the stairs and smack someone if you were just shot in the leg and arm.

Upvote 0
I'm half for this. It's odd peppering a guy with a PPSH, then watching him sprint away. True, there is the whole "People have been on drugs/adrenaline/crystal meth/etc. etc!" but those cases are few and far between.

Especially considering we are dealing with a majority of large calibers. I couldn't imagine hitting someone with a .308 in the torso and they just shrug it off, unless I missed everything vital.

On the flip side I don't think all wounds to have lasting effects, even if they hit limbs. Maybe if it hits bone (is bone structure even modeled?), but not just muscle, and tissue, damage. We had gentlemen in Iraq take 7.62x39 to the thigh, pack the exit wound, bandage it up, and stay in the fight at full mobility without pain killers. Granted it took him WAY longer than it does in game, like a good 2 minutes. Did it hurt like all hell? I'm sure, but if your life depends on you not being a gimp your body will make some amazing things happen.

-Paas

Upvote 0