• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Oh the frustration

Wodin

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 15, 2006
Liverpool UK
Just been wiped out totally by the Axis on the grain elevator map! Reason why...90% of the russians where standing in windows of the elevator instea dof moving forward at the right opportunity...I constantly berated and moaned but to no avail....load sof tiems I was sat on an Obj waiting for more troops to come but they never did and in the end I was shot...

There is nothign worng in standing at widnows IF you have a rifle (it's wrong if you have an smg, your an assualt troop for gods sake), but even with a rifle once you know the route is clear to the obj go for it! Covering fire is great from windows and so is clearing any enemy rifle men from the obj with a rifle but once you see it looks clear move forward!

We were absolutley demolished the last round the Axis still had over 100 reinforcements and we had none and they took nearly all floors of the elevator....worse defeat I've seen. The German players where a master class of team work...

This is why I want the Warhammer 40k mod's Commissar class to be able to execute friendly soldiers every so often without penalty, to temporarily break suppression and give a boost to "morale". If they aren't doing what they should be doing they're as good as dead.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kipper
Upvote 0
I feel your pain its not rocket science either attack or defend the capzones.If you want to snipe and camp get in the cap and do it all you want.If I have to afk real fast I run in a cap and hide then grab a drink.

One thing I have done to motivate the team to stop ignoring caps is remind them they get a bonus for kills in the cap it seems to work;)

g26c2e200000000000042e5.jpg

Upvote 0
Indeed.
Eventually BF3's release will filter the game out, by a lot.

Yeah, exactly.

And don't forget the honor rank. I think that honor is almost only earned by playing objectives/killing ppl on it.

Actually there's no player filter on honor, cause it's the very beginning and everybody got honor < 50, but in few weeks things gonna change.

Kiddies not playing the objectives will not be allowed to come on most serious servers.

I hope.

Reactions: The Algerian
Upvote 0
Yeah, exactly.

And don't forget the honor rank. I think that honor is almost only earned by playing objectives/killing ppl on it.

Actually there's no player filter on honor, cause it's the very beginning and everybody got honor < 50, but in few weeks things gonna change.

Kiddies not playing the objectives will not be allowed to come on most serious servers.

I hope.

Oh yeah, I forgot about honor levels and restrictions, and how it's the feature I liked the most (along with delayed death messages) while watching the videos back when we didn't have the beta.:)

LOL BF3 & CoD9 to the rescue! :D

Hey, don't you laugh at our saviors. :D

Upvote 0
Yes kinda hoping the Honor system is going to start filtering out the less team minded players from the better servers,

However ive found its pretty hard to have negative honor by the end of a battle, and i was purposely TKing as many as i could find simply to test it, and even after killing a good few team members, at the end of the battle ,the negative effects are cancelled out by honor recieved for either winning or helping to cap

So im guessing unless your a total Douche constantly Tking every second negative Honor ranks will be hard to achieve.

Reactions: Kipper
Upvote 0
Good use of Voice Coms is a great way to avoid this. Honestly the game is really suffering from New Player issues. People don't really know the maps, or how the weapons work in different situations. "I have a rifle! I can't get close to the enemy, I have to shoot them from afar or get murdered by SMGs!"

Telling people, in a polite and helpful tone of voice, that they need to move up, and explaining why this is a good thing, is a great way to get people moving.

When people know the following:
A: What advantages they get (more points, better firing positions, more useful to the team) for being somewhere else
B: How to get there safely

They'll go there. I know the first few times I played different matches I would often try getting to the objectives with my first few lives, die horribly, and then started to stay back to observe/offer fire support.

Eventually I learned more about the maps, and started to charge forward, in a slightly more effective means.

I still die horrible horrible deaths, but I can usually take one or two with me, and like to feel I provide a slight distraction for snipers so the better players are less likely to be spotted. (Usually it is more run out 3-4 times and fail, and then finally make it to a fighting position on the next where I can take out between 5-8 targets.)

So, long story short: Encourage the new players, don't get frustrated with them, and help them learn the game. It is like playing paintball. Sometimes you have to set down your own marker and ref/coach rental players a few times one summer, and then next summer they come back as regulars. Grow the sport, grow the community. Don't hope for some other game to come along and "Distract all the kiddies", hope for the new players to learn and become good regulars on your favorite server so the community stays large and diverse so we can all find a fun game of RO2 till well after RO3 is released.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thats true it is a beta.
Time to work on the ppsh and drum mag then.

Atleast I know too pick the german side now, since russian only lose due bad teamwork :rolleyes:

I hope it will be a bit better when the retail arrives.
Sick of kids swearing all over the place in game.

And not doing what they are supposed to do.
And I noticed FF is like the first call of duty (wich is not bad) :eek:

Upvote 0