• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Finding the Performance Thief!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    25 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
My system:

System Information
------------------
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: GA-MA785GT-UD3H
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1055T Processor (6 CPUs), ~2.8GHz (Stress Testing, http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/202/stressingcpu.png/)
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4094MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Display Devices
---------------
Card name: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series (6870)
Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x6738)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6738&SUBSYS_31001682&REV_00
Display Memory: 2803 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1012 MB
Shared Memory: 1790 MB
Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)

I think everything is fine with my system, to be honest the game runs smooth and my computer is not that great.

Game Settings:
My current settings before and after the patch:
Notes:I never had problems before the patch, the only issues now are the crashes on these maps, "Barracks" and "Red October", first thing i noticed , both maps are at night, coincidence? this is more than obvious and im sure you are well aware of it.

First Dump File Information:

Map Name: TE Barracks
Players: 44
Time played: 3-4 Min
Game settings:

These screenshots were taken before the crash:
Inside a building fps running between 90-100 fps

Looking into battlefield 75-85 fps:

Running into battlefield 40-55 fps:

Few more Screenshoots:

Notes: Nothing special happened , it crashed right after i took the last ss "killed from location".
Also, none of the solutions around the forum fixed this issue, turn up shadows to high or ultra is not a option for me, the performance is drastically reduced, belive me is really reduced we are talking about 20-30fps, if i set to shadows to low my performance is good as you can see looking at those screenshoots, so that is not an option, atleast for me and i think the game keeps crashing even with shadows on hig/ultra but im not sure, it needs more testing.
Download Bump file 1:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TWANRBPY

I will keep doing tests with more and detailed information, also im gonna try new settings.

You can follow my testing topic here http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=61080

Last edited:
Reactions: NuclearDruid
Upvote 0
This setup is pretty much the one that gives me the best performance i could get out of the game without making the game unplayable (on lowest settings: Black textures, very hard to see enemies.. etc). I understand my config isn't top of the line but i shouldn't have it this bad!!!

My settings:

FOV: 70
Aspect Ratio: 4:3
Resolution: 1024 x 768
Graphics Quality: Low (I haven't touched the settings)
Framerate Smoothing and One Frame Thread Lag are off.
All other boxes are off.

Windows OS Version and 32 or 64 bit: Windows 7 SP1 64bit
Exact Processor Model: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz
Exact Video Card Model: Asus EN9800 GT TOP
Amount of Ram: 6 GB DDR2
Motherboard: P5b Deluxe
Soundcard: Creative Xi-fi Platinum Fatality Champion Series.

My PSU is at 420 Watts, could this be a problem, does my system need more juice? Would it effect the game this way? I don't seem to have any considerable problems in other games.

On a 24 player server:
40-60(MAX!!!)Fps Indoors
15-30Fps Outdoors, the're are sudden drops of framerate when people appear on screen or explosions or when i turn a corner and have a long distance view. The drops can go down to 2 Fps. When i have an overlook view of a map with none on it i'm at 15fps.

Any server above 24 players is just not playable for me.

I love this game and i can't play it.... I'm getting a used Inno GTX260 soon and a new PSU, I will post back what has changed!

Edit: Fps taken on barracks

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    34 KB · Views: 0
  • PrintScreen.jpg
    PrintScreen.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions: NuclearDruid
Upvote 0
Windows 64 SP 1 (Unless there's been a new SP I don't know about)
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.8
8GB Ram
Radeon 5870 2GB (Think it's by Sapphire but not 100%)
Asus P5Q Pro mobo
Onboard sound
Zalman 800w PSU

FOV; 90 (I know this is considered high, but I play everything at 90, and consider a game not running at 90 unplayable)
Res; 1920x1080
Have every setting set to low. Absolutely no effects on. It's so low that a bunch of things have no textures, and some things are rendered only as wireframes.

I get 60fps give or take if I stare at a wall or sky. 30fps when running, less than 30fps up close and personal in a fight. Artillery makes the game unplayable. Setting anything above low makes the game unplayable. Never even tried a 64 player server.

Upvote 0
Horrible FPS on most maps (10-40 FPS).

Windows 7 x64 SP 1
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3GHz (tried 3.6GHz, no difference)
4GB Ram DDR2 @ 800MHz
GeForce GTS 450 1GB
Asus P5Q SE
Realtek HD Audio
Chieftec 400W PSU

I'm playing on 1920x1080, most settings on Medium, shadows Low (or Ultra, doesn't matter still the same), FSAA off.

Even tried on EVERYTHING ON LOW, had like 20-30 FPS then (all maps).

Upvote 0
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
Intel Core i7 CPI Q 740 @ 1.73GHz (8CPUs), ~1.7GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5800 Series (5870) approx 3780MB vRAM @ 1600x900 -85FOV
6 Gigs RAM

Empty FPS - 36-42ish
Full FPS - 24-28ish

Settings at Medium.

--

Two things of note: This is the rather infamous ASUS G73Jh series laptop, I had to flash the video card's bios recently to keep it updated. I'm also in the Beaufort, SC area, but for completely unrelated reasons, have next week off, inclusive of weekends. LET'S PARTY.

--

I run Steam, Razer's device program (for DPI and ricing the hell out of my mouse), RocketDock/Rainmeter, Avast!, and ASUS Live Updater constantly. Typically, a few quickstart programs are open: WinAmp, OpenOffice, and ATI's Catalyst.

I tried using GameBooster to up my FPS, but it was almost unnoticable.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    31.2 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
You don't want to disable one frame thread lag, you lose anything between 15-25 FPS in most cases.

Interesting. I've never heard of it before and assumed it was similar to vsync. What does it actually do? (This might help my FPS issues)

Edit.

Wow. Big FPS boost. However, causes x400 more CTD and makes mouse control feel kinda floaty ingame like vsync does.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I did some testing with aida64 logging cpu/gpu/memory usage last night while playing a round on ROfactory and then a round Barracks, this was done at 1080p with everything maxed except shadows which was on high and with FPS smoothing off.

Rig.
Phenom II X4 @ 3.875ghz, 4gb DDR 1666 CL9 Ram, GTX 480 @ 850/1700/4000 & Win 7 x64.

Total Cpu Usage = Average 42.7% (Highest Recorded = 61%).
Core 1 = Average 62.9%. (Highest Recorded = 90%).
Core 2 = Average 29.7%. (Highest Recorded = 43%).
Core 3 = Average 29.9%. (Highest Recorded = 47%).
Core 4 = Average 48.4%. (Highest Recorded = 74%)
Maximum Used Ram = 2945mb.

GPU Usage = Average 40.8%. (Highest Recored = 64%)
Maximum Used GPU Ram = 698mb.

I've looked through the entire log file and the above seems about right.
--
During this time the framerate went from as low as 20fps to a max of 50fps (very unstable), it seems as though the game just doesn't want to use all the available resources to keep a high constant framerate. Most of the time it seems at least 50% of my CPU is just sitting there doing nothing, the same goes for the GPU as usage is all over the place from a minimum usage of 32% to a maximum of 64%.

Upvote 0
Needy Dog

Needy Dog

Hey Yoshiro!!

I have problems with crashes mostly when map the changes. I get the "RO.exe have stopped working" something like that. Windows very own trusty solution finder says there is a newer version of steam that i have to download but I cant find any and i also dont think that would work but im kind of desperate right now.

anyway the game seem to have problems with tank and infantery mixed maps but on Gumrak and apartments i never have crashes. As i said, only when it changes map.

i play on Lowest on all settings except character(?) and textures on high. and resolution on 1980x1080
I have:
4gb RAM
i3 CPU 2.93 quadcore
ATI Radeon HD 5770
windows 7 32 and also directx 11 if that matters.

reply ASAP!!! ;)

Upvote 0
Windows OS Version and 32 or 64 bit: - Windows 7 x64 SP1
Exact Processor Model: - AMD Phenom 9600 Quad Core (2.3 GHz)
Exact Video Card Model: - ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU II OC, 1GB GDDR5
Amount of Ram: - 4 GB

Average FPS on Barracks (Medium Settings) =
5 Rarely
10 Outside and Moving
10-20 Outside and Stationary
20-30 Inside

Average FPS on Barracks (Ultra Settings) =
7 Outside
19 Inside

Resolution: 1680x1050

With this hardware I can run literally every other game I own on High/Highest settings. However, this is barely playable at certain times even on medium. I'll try my GTX 260 because sometimes that gets better performance (Which I will never understand).

Upvote 0
Has anyone played around with One-Frame Thread Lag? Checking this option nearly doubles my framerate on my setup. What's odd as well is that I have "Maximum pre-rendered frames" set to 0 in my control panel, so this setting doesn't introduce any control lag whatsoever. This, of course, doesn't make much sense, as it would imply that the option should effectively do nothing in-game...and yet it increases performance by a large amount. Please take note, Tripwire! Could be related!

i5 2500K @ 4.6GHz
2x GTX 570
8GB DDR3
Windows 7 x64

Interesting. I've never heard of it before and assumed it was similar to vsync. What does it actually do? (This might help my FPS issues)

Edit.

Wow. Big FPS boost. However, causes x400 more CTD and makes mouse control feel kinda floaty ingame like vsync does.

Try setting "Maximum pre-rendered frames" to 0 in your videocard control panel. This eliminates the control lag introduced by the option.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Has anyone played around with One-Frame Thread Lag? Checking this option nearly doubles my framerate on my setup. What's odd as well is that I have "Maximum pre-rendered frames" set to 0 in my control panel, so this setting doesn't introduce any control lag whatsoever. This, of course, doesn't make much sense, as it would imply that the option should effectively do nothing in-game...and yet it increases performance by a large amount. Please take note, Tripwire! Could be related!

i5 2500K @ 4.6GHz
2x GTX 570
8GB DDR3
Windows 7 x64

Try setting "Maximum pre-rendered frames" to 0 in your videocard control panel. This eliminates the control lag introduced by the option.

Aye, i've had a tinker and it seems ok now. There's still a slight lag I can detect but it's small enough to be negligable.

However, i've told a few other people who were getting better performance than me, but still poor performance, about ticking this option and this TANKED their framerates, so it's not a catch-all solution :(

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.