• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Melee and Bayonets!

Ritsuno

Aug 30, 2011
First off, I gotta say that I really love the Melee in RO2. It's easy to use, accurate, and can be terrifying as it should be.

(Except when you run though people, >.< I'm really hoping for full collisions on Hardcore. )

As a bolt only user, I often times find this as my main form of attack in close quarters, nothing like screaming through a house (C on Barracks or the apartments.) from room to room looking for a head to bash in. Or when you find yourself in that deadly 10~ meter range against an SMG or semi-auto rifle, miss your shot and have no choice but to move or die, if you haven't all ready.

I also like that it seems to be a one hit kill on the head, but still takes multipul hits on extremities.

I finally was able to get in a stat tracking server and I got my Bayonet today. It's exactly what I was hoping for, now when I turn a corner to rush an SMG I don't have to worry about wither one hit is going to take him down or not. (Seems to one hit kill on center mass stabs.)

Melee has become a huge, huge part of my game. As I play extremely aggressively, and now I am confident in my abilities at all ranges.

Everyone seems to enjoy this in game as well. I'm sure many of us have had an "Oh S***!" moment when someone pops around a corner. I hope more people we learn how much of a life saver melee can be, an adopt it to their play. :)

Bravo TWI you've really hit the nail on the head with this one! :D

P.S. 300+ points in 2 rounds?? I'm coming for you Ivan!!!! (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

2011-09-05_00003.jpg

Im just in love with my bayonet charging it into my clanmates erlier hering them swear about it its so much fun to kill someone with.
Also its pretty scary having on running up with a charged bayonet :p

It gives bolters an chance in close range situations so far melee is nailed its awesome

And I think if you hold the melee button down it will do more damage than just tabbing it as for now its been a one shot kill on any encounter for me (if I didnt just hit the arm)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Aren't the TWB servers stat tracking? I can hardly access my stats (buggy menus) and I don't think I'm leveling up as I should be (on weapons).

Other than that, totally agree! I was an allies sniper on barracks, hiding in a dark corner when I casually turned around and saw a german sniper sitting right frickin' next to me. I instinctively melee'd him in the head :D Melee works so much better now than in RO1.

Upvote 0