• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Guns Are Way Too Accurate

I thought of figured you don't really know. Let me give you an insight to a real battle, with real soldiers.

Australian Soldiers during firefight in Afghanistan - YouTube

Before go ape yes this is modern, but I have some german ww2 training videos in my collection. Real combat is rarely captured on film, especially not in ww2.

When you attack you lose men at a greater rate then defending. Spoiling attacks can work but can also lose dramaticly, they normally aimed at a battalion level.
This is why you tend to hold your position and line since you fortified it. Most of RO2 maps feel like meeting engagements.

You are correct most time the defenders did run away when the fight got close enough. People value there lives. As for CQB yes they happen and this is stalingard but once we have some more open maps it might get better.

Not everyone like the style you preaching. Also I pretty sure you get your idea about battle by hollywood movies. 99% of soldiering is sitting on your ***.

They will possibly, eventually have a multiplayer campaign where each team votes to decide whether or not they will defend or attack and then it goes through 2+ hour long fighting on different maps to take over Stalingrad. Things will be a bit more like real war here because one side is trying to keep all of their territory and another is trying to advance.

When you're just messing around on single maps, it's usually going to play differently in pub games.

Upvote 0
Mad props, boy. I ****ing love this post.

RO2 has captured the feel of real combat beautifully, but we are unable to coordinate like real soldiers. Hence, we get picked off like flies by each other, and it turns into an unorganized bloodbath.

THIS is the one gameplay feature Tripwire really needs to work on. Everything else is nearly spot-on. We need proper teamwork features!

Cheers! My thoughts exactly.

I only have two major issues with RO2:

1. The lack of robust, intuitive teamplay mechanics.
2. Death gets no respect.

I've already explained point number 1. Point number 2 is relatively self-explanatory. Countdown has the right idea, but it's not a popular game mode due to it's rough implementation. Firefight isn't worth discussing in terms of realism. Territory is the defacto game mode, but combine a short spawn time with relatively small maps (resulting in a short jog back to the action) and no kill/death ratio to SHAME people into playing safe and bingo: you've got yourself an unapologetic meatgrinder.

Yes, the weapons are realistic. Sure, players can drop an unwary enemy from 200m out with relative ease. But who cares? Death is a minor inconvenience at worst. Realism + no teamwork + death without consequence = the hottest of hot messes. The result is a bunch of lone wolves pinballing between objectives, dying, respawning and sprinting back to the action long before their "death" has had a chance to impact the flow of battle.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Cheers! My thoughts exactly.

I only have two major issues with RO2:

1. The lack of robust, intuitive teamplay mechanics.
2. Death gets no respect.

I've already explained point number 1. Point number 2 is relatively self-explanatory. Countdown has the right idea, but it's not a popular game mode due to it's rough implementation. Firefight isn't worth discussing in terms of realism. Territory is the defacto game mode, but combine a short spawn time with relatively small maps (resulting in a short jog back to the action) and no kill/death ratio to SHAME people into playing safe and bingo: you've got yourself an unapologetic meatgrinder.

Yes, the weapons are realistic. Sure, players can drop an unwary enemy from 200m out with relative ease. But who cares? Death is a minor inconvenience at worst. Realism + no teamwork + death without consequence = the hottest of hot messes. The result is a bunch of lone wolves pinballing between objectives, dying, respawning and sprinting back to the action long before their "death" has had a chance to impact the flow of battle.

Terrority which what RO1 default, death had meaning, because it was a fair bit of a sprint to get back into the firefight. So don't give up on territory yet. If they either have longer respawn rate or make the respawn further it does make death have a lot more meaning.

Upvote 0
Terrority which what RO1 default, death had meaning, because it was a fair bit of a sprint to get back into the firefight. So don't give up on territory yet. If they either have longer respawn rate or make the respawn further it does make death have a lot more meaning.

Total agreement. I'm far from giving up on Territory; it's my favorite game mode out of the three. That said, I'll be playing on servers with suitably long spawn times. I don't mind that the maps are small-ish ... sprinting back to the front for minutes on end wasn't my favorite part of Ostfront ... but in the absence of a long walk, there needs to be a long wait.

And no, before some smart *** suggests otherwise, sitting in spectator mode wasn't my idea of a great time, either. HOWEVER, the threat of that long wait was often enough to put the fear of death into myself and my fellow players, and that alone made the time I spent alive worth every agonizing second spent dead on the sidelines.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's the reality of video games ... no matter how true-to-life a game is, the player will still be lacking a crucial suite of fundamental skills enjoyed by the average human being.

Too true. This doesn't mean you have to ruin the game though. A whole lot of situational awareness comes from the sound of battle. You look with your ears to avoid getting shot between the eyes.

The first thing I did when RO2 finished downloading was to disable the music. Sure it sets the mood, but it also hides the sounds of battle, not unlike graphical fog covering up long range enemies. So many times my in-game life has been saved thanks to hearing footsteps and paying attention to them, knowing that none of my team should be where the sound is coming from.

Picking out the difference in sound between weapons is also important. That's why in the real world using the enemy's weapon is usually discouraged. In Vietnam it was not uncommon to fire at nothing but the sound of an AK. So you don't want to be holding an AK when your squad is jumpy.

Having said that, if you think you can talk in the heat of battle, you're dreaming. You may be able to shout your head off to the guy beside you and be heard, but that is about it.

Today, soldiers have personal radios so they can communicate with each other, but in WW2, there was rarely even a platoon radio. That is why they had runners. In those days, you were pretty much on your own. Soldiers rarely even knew if their side had won the battle or not - they simply did not see the "big picture" or even the "thumbnail". They were completely in the dark.

That is why soldiers drill and drill and drill. The idea is you shouldn't need to talk. The squad leader may use a hand sign to indicate direction of movement for example, but it's not like you can sit there having a conversation while under fire.

These are things I was taught in basic training, not in a game manual. The fact is if the players were more skilled in small unit tactics, you wouldn't need to talk. You're in a squad that is broken up into fire teams, carrying a weapon that defines your role within that FT. Just knowing that information should tell you an awful lot about what you need to do.

No need for gamey icons or whatever. Just a little patience to learn how to be an infantryman. You wouldn't jump into a flight simulator and expect to be able to fly and fight without ever even reading a manual, so why do people think you can do it in a Tactical FPS? Learn how real soldiers work and you will do well at the game. Don't bother and you'll be moaning about overpowered weapons, or the lack of UI features or whatever else you think is actually missing.

Upvote 0
Mate, not once did I have a go at your opinions or thoughts, but you seem to want to degrade people, and hammer home your opinion.

I'm sorry. I never meant to sound degrading. I'm just getting a little tired of people blaming the game for their own failings. No game is perfectly real, but this is the closest I've ever seen while still being fun. The only thing closer is the ARMA series.

Your general attitude is something we not had to put up with on RO forums, your the type of people to chirp all day long, until you get your way. At best, my 3 year old daughter has your ability.
Oh here we go. Go away moron. End of discussion.

Upvote 0
KarmakazeNZ

Mate, not once did I have a go at your opinions or thoughts, but you seem to want to degrade people, and hammer home your opinion.

Your general attitude is something we not had to put up with on RO forums, your the type of people to chirp all day long, until you get your way. At best, my 3 year old daughter has your ability.

Seriously, just having you on this forum is just a sad day for RO community, let alone RO2.

And having your friend say here here every three minutes on all your post makes me believe its just a shadow forum account for you self glorification.

I'm no sock, let me assure you.

He just has more patience for you guys than I do right now. I've been arguing this for the last 3-4 days now, and it's nice to see someone take my side in a manner eloquent enough to help my argument.

But I'm not a sock.

Upvote 0
Too true. This doesn't mean you have to ruin the game though. A whole lot of situational awareness comes from the sound of battle. You look with your ears to avoid getting shot between the eyes.

I agree with several points, sir. My music volume is at zero, if that means anything. :)

The bottom line for me is, the icons should be there for the players that want and/or need them. Meanwhile, there should be an option to toggle them off (or make them part of the tactical overlay) for the players who don't. Don't like the VOIP? Mute it. Don't want the icons ruining you immersion? Disable (or hide) them.

My goal is to promote teamwork on a pub server. Pub games shouldn't be written off as the **** show circus. Trained soldiers, clans and realism units (and dudes with sweet surround sound setups) can do without the gamey icons, but Joe Blow on Saturday morning, his wife and kid gone, the lawn mowed, his ... $30 Logitech 2.1 speakers + integrated sound card cranked to max? He either has icons and clearly defined VOIPing or he's off on his own, capping and killing and bounding around like a headless chicken.

Gamey doesn't immediaty mean less hardcore. Accessibility doesn't have to butt heads with realism. Adding a few icons in no way takes away from the lethality of the weapons, nor the tactics required to be successful. So long as each individual player can customize their own level of gamey accessibility verus realistic immersion, there's no downside.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I answered your question twice now. It seems like you just want the answer you want.

I'll humor you though. Yes, it's very easy to hit the target I want. It's also very easy for the target I don't know about, has not been identified yet, and who might have a scoped hunting rifle, to put one through my Kevlar. I'm not willing to risk my wig getting split, my command is not willing to risk losing a man, so we show overwhelming fire superiority. While this is going on we have another element get to the enemies blind spot, where it's relatively safe, and put them down.

All of this does not change my ability as a expert on the service rifle. I can **** rip they guys head off.

-Paas

No you don't answer the question I ask, you answer the question you want me to ask. The only thing you answer here is why you waste bullets shooting at empty windows shooting at people who might be there. If you're gonna suppress someone you do it b/c shooting someone to kill isn't as easy when they are shooting back and dipping, ducking and firing. If it was that easy to shoot them then you would do it when they stick their heads up instead of suppressing them and flanking them. Combat is based on supression and flanking this is combat 101. And people have to be suppressed with superior fire power b/c soldier's don't have perfect aim.

Also you seem to talk like you've been in a combat situation and know what it's like to actually shoot people. I would question these credentials and ask for proof that you are more than an arm chair general posing as a serviceman if your word is to hold any weight.

Upvote 0
OH, BY THE WAY.

I just finished playing several different maps using the suggestions people have brought up in this thread.

Guess what guys? They work. Really damn well.

I played rifleman the whole time and I can count the number of times I died without taking my shoes off. I easily racked up several dozen kills by simply being cautious and unpredictable.

First map - Grain Elevator - Defense

Spent most of the map scooting around the Russian factory front, taking a shot or two from a window and then scooting to a completely different side or floor of the building. I managed to rack up a dozen kills with my first life. As soon as the bullets started pinging off the window near me, I instantly dropped prone and crawled to safety. I stayed back from the windows and I only shot when I was sure he and his mates couldn't see me. It was remarkably effective. I got into a few CQC scenarios, but as soon as I heard the clatter of an MP-40 I began to scoot for cover. After my first death or two, I even managed to hide from a German assault trooper as he scanned the room and ran right past me. I made him pay for his carelessness with a rifle bullet to the back of the head.

Tl;dr - Stealth, stealth, stealth. I have the advantage of defense. Why let them pin me down when I have all that delicious cover to move around in?

Second map - Red October Factory - Offense

Again, strictly rifleman. Followed a detachment of my buddies around the left side of the factory. They charged in headlong, I dived into a little ravine and crawled around to the side. They got cut down by MG fire, I picked off the machine gunner from a concealed location. I worked my way around the side, but a sniper caught wind of me and I wasn't able to escape before he put a bullet through my kneecap. I tried to crawl away and bandage, but he put another one in my thigh and that caused me to bleed out.

After a few more probing attempts, my buddies managed to break through on the other side of the factory. While the Germans were occupied, I slipped into the left, climbed to the catwalks, and began to pick them off so that my team could capture.

Continued this MO for the rest of the map, to an alarming (personal) success. The battle wasn't going well for us, but my normally ****ty K:D ratio was respectably high. Never stay in the same place twice, remain unobserved, stealth and surprise were my weapons of choice. I began to notice how easy it was to rack up kills. I'd kill one guy, then crawl to a new position only to have him appear back in the window and start taking potshots at my old position, only to kill him again. We lost, but I think I'm getting the hang of it.

I can only imagine what it's going to be like when everyone figures this **** out.

Seriously, guys. Try it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No you don't answer the question I ask, you answer the question you want me to ask. The only thing you answer here is why you waste bullets shooting at empty windows shooting at people who might be there. If you're gonna suppress someone you do it b/c shooting someone to kill isn't as easy when they are shooting back and dipping, ducking and firing. If it was that easy to shoot them then you would do it when they stick their heads up instead of suppressing them and flanking them. Combat is based on supression and flanking this is combat 101. And people have to be suppressed with superior fire power b/c soldier's don't have perfect aim.

Also you seem to talk like you've been in a combat situation and know what it's like to actually shoot people. I would question these credentials and ask for proof that you are more than an arm chair general posing as a serviceman if your word is to hold any weight.

Oh give it up, man. You're clueless. We've beaten this to death and I'm tired of talking about it. We've hit on something really interesting here and you're determined to hammer your point home until you're right.

You're not. Join the current conversation or take your leave.

Upvote 0
The guns are not too accurate. Maybe if you exercised some of your 2nd amendment rights (if you're lucky enough to be American) and shot some guns after getting training, you would know that guns hit where they are aimed. Even some of the worst guns will still keep all your rounds within 5-6" of where you aim them at 100 meters away. For instance, yesterday morning I did this in 'rapid' fire at 50 m with a 1942 Lee Enfield in 303 British with handloads:
kCSMd.jpg

OMG IT'S WAY TOO ACCURATE IT NEEDS TO HAVE DISPERSION AND STUFF SO WE CAN HAVE SUPPRESSION FIRE AND ALL THAT STUFF

No.

I can sling that rifle to my shoulder, attain cheek weld, and have a round down range with high accuracy all under a second. Bolt throw is done while the rifle is still recoiling back into me.

I've owned and/or shot the majority of the firearms in this game except some of the larger machine guns and the MP40.

Recoil is fine on everything except the prone LMGs and the Ppsh41 (it barely kicks on F/A). Accuracy is quite good for everything. Mosin Nagants and K98s will hold 2-3" groups at 100 m without trouble and often are better. For all this bull **** talk about how OMG YOU CAN'T BE THAT ACCURATE IN BATTLE OMG IT'S SO HARD IRL. No, it's not if you're an experienced soldier. I've talked to several veterans on this matter. In the end it doesn't come down to who's God favors who, it's all about marksmanship. If you have trained yourself to be a marksman you'll still be one in combat.

If I get an udpate to this game one day and suddenly guns have dispersion cones of fire like in most **** FPS games I will shoot an effigy of this game with a flamethrower.

If I correctly aim my sights on a target and the bullet doesn't land within an inch or two of where I aimed I'll flip ****. Even on SMGs the bullet will land where you aim it. If you could put an smg in a ransom rest to keep it perfectly aimed while going through a magazine you would get a nice small grouping downrange. The ONLY reason SMGs seem to spray is because YOU don't aim them while going FA and YOU don't manage your bursts to keep your rounds on target.

A quick lesson:
1. Bullets move at a certain velocity.
2. A gun in one caliber with various length barreled versions is no more accurate with any particular barrel length but will have greater or lesser velocity, a longer or shorter sight radius, and different handling for acquiring targets. Long barrels allow the powder to burn fully and provide higher velocities to a point until the added barrel length begins to impede velocity. Short barrels have high muzzle flash from unburned powder burning outside of the barrel and not contributing a lot to the bullet's velocity. Once again, long barrel vs short barrel, no accuracy difference.
3. 7.62x54r (DP-28, Mosin Nagant variants, PKM, etc), 7.92x57mm Mauser (k98 variants, MG42 and variants, G41 and variants) are all massive calibers that produce tremendous energy and put a big hole through soft things. A hole through the body is a hole through the body. Large calibers such as these can just penetrate deeper at greater distances due to their high velocity and high weight (148 gr or so for 7.62x54r and 180gr for 8mm Mauser). Stopping power isn't a real thing. It's more of an observation and falsehood.

7.62x25 Tokarev is a somewhat high velocity pistol round. Out of the Ppsh41's somewhat long barrel the round gains a much higher velocity than that from a pistol's short barrel and yields very strong penetration and a good trajectory. Still, at 95 gr or so per bullet its energy is substantially less than the 8mm and like and so it suffers in direct comparisons of penetration through obstacles and the like. Still, as an FMJ round like the rest it will punch a hole straight through you and quite possibly the guy behind you.

9mm Luger out of an MP40 is pretty good. Past 50 yards or so it diminishes to rather little. You really need to get ballistics data of the loads from WWII and proper velocities from the corresponding barrel lengths and chambers. Still, as another FMJ it won't deform much in tissue and will punch another nice hole through your body. Recoil is very very little. The action of the gun is the majority of the recoil.

The 7.62

Reactions: MikkOwl
Upvote 0
1: I don't have that problem, so maybe it's just you? Ever thought maybe you don't really know how to use the MG properly? That maybe every other game you've ever played has got it wrong, and that that has taught you to use it wrong?

2: Firstly, there are few places on any of the maps where anyone can get a 200m shot. So you must be in the wrong places for a start. Secondly, I bet you run to cover so everyone can see you, drop into cover, then pop your head up for a shot... right where everyone on the map knew you were.

Rule #1 for all infantrymen: Never stop where you first seek cover. You should drop into a concealed position, then move at least 5m away. If the place you chose to seek cover doesn't allow you to move that far while still being under cover, then you chose the wrong spot... especially if you have an MG.

The number of times I've shot at someone and they've dived behind the nearest cover, only to pop up again in exactly the same spot, is amazing.

3:For the machine gunner, concealment is key. There is no point doing a slow jog (heavy gun, remember) across an open field to a crater, then dropping into it and trying to fight. Everyone who saw you go into the crater will be waiting for you to come back out in order to give you a few new holes. You have to be sneaky.

Having said that, other team mates have to remember the gunner can not run as fast or as far as them, and they should slow down and cover the gunner as much as possible. It's for everyones benefit.

4: They do. They don't, however, sway like a drunken one armed cripple was trying to shoot them, the way most games do.

5: Oh get real. No one in their right mind thinks the SMG's in this game have the stopping power of the MG. Not even close. Oh wait... you're talking about when YOU get shot with them... right?

Everyone thinks the SMG is overpowered when they get shot with them, and underpowered when they are trying to shoot others. That's how you know the gun works properly.

6: That's the CoD addiction talking. I don't have fun hoping random number generators will decide I'm better than you. Sway, deviation, all of the crappy stuff games do to try and make people whine less about getting killed all the time are of the devil.

7: You die because you suck, not because the guns are too accurate. You die because you sprint out in front of your team, trying to get the kills, only to get slaughtered by those overpowered SMG's or rifles, or MG's or whatever happened to cut you down.

You run out into the open, drop behind a wall, then think no one knows where you are, because you can't see them. When you pop your head up and die, it's because they have an aimbot, or the gun is overpowered or anything but that you did a boneheaded thing and paid the price.

8: I see it in every game that has even slightly realistic weapons. Insurgency, Project Reality (probably RO1 if I had played that), all of them have the same type of people who think you should be able to run around like Rambo without even TRYING to conceal yourself.

When it comes to the skills of an infantryman... shooting is the most basic. Everyone can do it. The REAL skill is closing with the enemy while NOT getting shot, getting to a position where you can shoot, taking a careful aimed shot, then moving so no one knows where you are.

People who can't do that, complain about weapons being too accurate.

9: So what you are saying is make the weapons unrealistic, then add another unrealistic feature to balance it? Why not make the weapons realistic and make you REALLY afraid of getting shot... like you so clearly are. The only reason games bring in supression is because no one cares about getting shot and thus supressing fire doesn't work. In this game it does.

So much so that you came here to whine about it. You are REALLY afraid of these guns, aren't you :p

10: Are you kidding me? So armies don't bother teaching soldiers how to shoot? Try telling that to a soldier in Iraq or Afghanistan. But make sure you're out of arms reach when you do.

11: That has nothing to do with how easy it is to shoot something you can see. No that's because it's REALLY ****ing hard to shoot something you CAN'T see. Please read what I wrote above about cover, and then you'll understand why you keep dying.

12: Au contraire... it's because people ARE that accurate in the real world, so everyone is crawling everywhere. You stand up, you die.

Guess what happens in this game? People like you run around at full sprint then complain about getting shot.

13: You clearly don;t understand tactics then. Inaccurate weapons encourage "run and gun", and "spray and pray", because nothing else actually works. You could take all the care in the world to line up the perfect shot, only to have a random number generator decide to miss. That's not tactics, that's random chance. If I want that I'll go to a casino.

TL;DR: Stop blaming the game for your own failings.

I'm too lazy to use the quote thing so I'll just number your points.

1: This is conjecture. Maybe you just play with crappy people?

2: Yet more ranting conjecture. Try playing on granary or whatever it's called, there's lots of spots 200 yards away.

3: if we want to use real life as our premise here no one who has ever used one of those guns would ever refer to it as stealthy. Also I'd have to question the intelligence of someone who would bring a LMG to ambush people when an SMG would be far far more efficient.

4: a quantifiable amount of sway was never spoken of, more baseless conjecture on your part, but it's nice to know that you admit my point of "yes heavy rifles do sway" so thank you for that.

5: killing I find is the best way to stop someone in this game. You'll find that it takes the same amount of bullets from an SMG to kill someone as it does from an LMG. Also you'll find that few people who use the SMG think it is under powered myself included from what I've experienced. You really need to work on this conjecture thing. ;D

6: Uhm I don't think you've even played the call of duty games. Minus the sniper rifle non of the guns have any kind of sway or even recoil. GameSpot Now Playing - Call of Duty: Black Ops Multiplayer - YouTube
A big complaint is that the aiming as it is now is too much like call of duty. no one could play an FPS that had sway and recoil with an xbox controller.

7: *sigh* more conjecture. I can do this too. I think you're play with crappy dumb people and aren't very good at the game

8: lol Ok this is how I know you have no idea what you're talking about. I haven't played project reality but insuregency was the opposite of rambo in every way imaginable. You actually would die in fewer hits in insurgency than you do in red orchestra 2 b/c insurgency doesn't have bandaids.

9: The unrealistic feature is how everyone can shoot everyone so easily, and the "unrealistic supression" feature already exists. It's more along the lines of adding a realistic feature and fixing a poor implementation of an already existing system so that it's actually interesting and not annoying.

10: more like countries don't bother making their soldiers robots with laser rifles. And actually a good deal of the russians weren't trained how to shoot.

11: lol? What is this? This is just babble. What does this sentence even mean?

12: No it's because it's hard to shoot people, and suppression. The entire concept of modern infantry tactics that emerged in ww2 was mobility. The idea is always always to flank your enemy in order to win a fight. You can't flank crawling in the dirt at a snail's pace. Perhaps you were getting your world wars mixed up? :p

13: LOL you clearly don't understand tactics. How can someone run and gun if they can't hit anything when they run lol? The entire idea is to reward people for strategy and forethought by making the weapons of people who have prepared more accurate and by making team work suppression effective against a defender. Yet another reward for strategy. Amazing laser robot/CoD aim actually encourages run and gun more than weapon sway etc b/c it allows you to bumble into a situation, kill everyone with mad twitch skills and bumble your way into the next area. Also with weapon spray and bullet spread pray and spray would be less effective than it is now since you can spray so accurately with the current call of duty like combat system.

and random number generator, casino lol what? You've gone into another mad rant totally away from the topic. Lining up a perfect shot with your rifle braced against a wall will still kill. Timing the sway of a rifle so that it will hit your opponent in the head is not a number game. Are you afraid that in order to do well at the game you will require skill were these changes to be implemented?

Reactions: mick86w
Upvote 0

What proof do you want? Do you have access to MOL (of course you don't)? Sure, I'll give out my information, matter of fact, I will give you my government E-Mail and you can hit me up.

[email protected]

That would be Sgt Calais, 2008-2009, 2009-2010 OIF 7-8 is when I was in combat; I punched out with RCT 1, that's Regimental Combat Team 1, just in case you're also ignorant to Marine unit structure. Oh, and yes, I'm still active.

Now on to the topic at hand. You're wrong. We suppress to not get shot, to stop the flow of rounds from the enemy towards us. That's the only reason. You flank because it's much safer than trying to engage muzzles head on, people get shot that way. None of this affects my ability as a shooter to hit my target. I might not fire because I don't want to get hit, but if I do fire and the enemy is exposed I'm going to hit him.

-Paas

P.S - I'm waiting. Don't take all day, I'm on pacific time here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No need for gamey icons or whatever. Just a little patience to learn how to be an infantryman. You wouldn't jump into a flight simulator and expect to be able to fly and fight without ever even reading a manual, so why do people think you can do it in a Tactical FPS? Learn how real soldiers work and you will do well at the game. Don't bother and you'll be moaning about overpowered weapons, or the lack of UI features or whatever else you think is actually missing.
Do you think that advise will work?
RO:OST is in the last lifephase so to speak and still the teamplay is like herding cats.

People need help in FPS games when it comes to teamwork.

If you apply the basic infantry tactics from real life into OST you will surely have an advantage, the more when you play it with clanmembers.

But...

It does not take anything off the facts what the openingspost stated though.
The guns are indeed too accurate for a game like this. Non-teamplay is encouraged because of the insane like accuracy of each gun. You become more dependent on your gun instead of your teammates. This resembles the CoD-gameplay I have to say.

Upvote 0