• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Question] what gfx setting causes blurry models?

MrBenn

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
I keep getting blurry faces on models in spectator, it's not as bad in game as spectator.

I would like to turn this off:

akC1C.jpg

Jy3Fo.jpg

e6dYT.jpg

I can't see any other threads on this so I might create a bug report for it in the bugs section if no one gives me an answer!

Thanks in advance.

also thanks to the models of the screenshots ;)

Hey guys that blurring effect is controlled by something you can edit as Nightrider above me mentioned^

-Just look in your MyDocuments folder, than go to My Games>UnrealEngine3>ROGame>Config and open the file ROEngine.ini with notepad.
-Find the value called DepthOfField=true and change it to false. Save and exit notepad and you're good to go. (Note: in Notepad, pressing ctrl+f brings up a search prompt which can make finding these values a bit easier.)

Personally I'm on the fence with this setting. For me it adds to the immersion and takes the gfx up a notch, except while spectating. I'm still not sure if there's a performance hit with it, as some have suggested. So far it doesn't seem to affect game performance in any significant way.

Upvote 0
Thanks guys! I've also changed my depth of field to FALSE and my graphics look so much cleaner and I can actually see people at range more.. everything is much crisper...

I've actually received a performance hit though, only by an average of 5 fps though :eek: .

Hoping some devs see this and take note or something.

Upvote 0