• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] Can't hear any voice chat.

M55ikael

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 11, 2011
I've been playing for at least 15 hours now and I have yet to hear anybody talk. I clearly can't hear voice chat though my own mic works and I think people can hear me.

Upnp enabled and all ports for RO1 opened. Voice is working in RO1.

That's just stupid. I've been playing console games the last 7 years and I've really gotten used to communicating with almost everybody without even having to press a button. The PC seems archaic with everyone writing text for coms.

Regardless, I still think it's a bug. I wrote in the chat asking if anyone had a mic. Two people said they had one, yet I couldn't hear them. They might have been on the other team but still, I would have heard someone after 15 hours.

Upvote 0
one of my big pet peeves as well, I love playing xbox and chatting with my friends and NO im not a console boy I have been playing PC hardcore since 97-98 but I too find no one ever talks, in games like cs it seems everyone uses a mic, yet in RO no one ever talks wtf? btw its bugged because it never shows who is talking, they should make it more easier to teach people how to use communication or when loading a map even have it say press capslock by default to talk to others

Upvote 0
Voicechat is working fine..just hardly anyone uses it.
And I like it that way..it's hard to concentrate on not getting my rear end shot off when there are people jibber-jabbering in my head.
In almost every game I have that has it I turn it off to help keep my sanity.

And just because they had one doesn't mean they were using it.

Upvote 0
Voicechat is working fine..just hardly anyone uses it.
And I like it that way..it's hard to concentrate on not getting my rear end shot off when there are people jibber-jabbering in my head.
In almost every game I have that has it I turn it off to help keep my sanity.

And just because they had one doesn't mean they were using it.

I obviously tried to speak to them without a response. With all due respect, I can understand that some people don't like the chatter, but the game will NEVER have realistic teamwork without fluid and fast communication. Most people run around like lone wolves, and I find myself doing the same as I can't speak to the guys around me. War isn't like that you know.

Upvote 0
Voicechat works, I've heard it with my own ears.
Just nobody uses it and most people are busy trying to play the game.
I have a microphone and it's not even plugged in, can't stand voicechat.

You can't categorically state that something works. It's good that it's working for you, but I still don't think it's working for me. Can't prove it, though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0