• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Low GPU usage

for those of you with crossfire you need to disable crossfire for now for the best results. I have 2 x 5850's and it runs a hell of a lot better with one than two. TWI are in contact with AMD about it to see if they can solve it. As for low gpu usage on cards thats something else they need to look into.

Upvote 0
I already stated that I use the gtx 470 and q9550, both overclocked. I noticed that for the first one or two rounds I get around 50%-65% gpu usage getting around 40-60fps, which is still low gpu usage, but it then drops over the next few rounds to around 30-40% gpu usage giving 30-40fps. It feels like a memory leak where performance drops over time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Another way I realized that the game isn't pushing my card hard is that my gpu's temperature stays in the low to mid 70's C whereas other games like BFBC2, Deus Ex, etc. keep my gpu temperature in the low 80's. You would think that a game that supposedly stresses my gpu, when looking at the performance, this much would cause my video card to heat up like those other games.

Upvote 0
My system (old but has served me well)

Q6600 @ 3.2
4 gigs ram
4890 1 gig

i know its an old card but can still hold its own at med/high settings in other games.

pre patch i was getting 25-30 in apartments, with 15-25 in FH

The new maps i spawn with 50-55, run twenty yards their down into the low teens, this is on med or low settings.

My gpu usage is averaging at about 30% with a high of 58%

Just ran the 'stat unit' command:

Frame 30-35
Game 16-20
Draw 10-12
Gpu 23

all approx, sorta lost the will to game:( can any body translate the above, so i can understand whats going on please.

So hope TW can get it sorted, realise im at the bottom end rig wise and do feel for you guys with top end kit, fingers crossed for a fix:)

Upvote 0
My fps seems to jump from 20-60 depending on map location. CPU and GPU never reaches above 50% usage, fps is terrible. Changing settings from Ulta down to Medium does not seem to help at all.

AMD Phenom II 955 @3.2GHz
8GB DDR3 @1600MHz
MSI HD6970 @940MHz / 1375MHz 2GB
V11.6 drivers
1920x1080 16:9
Vista 64bit

Needless to say any other games I can fun flawlessly, RO2 seems to be the only one I have low fps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't mind my GPU usually running at 70% max.

What I do mind however that during gameplay it hovers from 50-80% This inconsistent, eratic GPU usage results in very choppy gameplay, sometimes even stopping the game dead when being shot, turning a random corner or having artillery fall at the other end of the map.

This really needs some fixing soon. At the very least before release.

Last edited:
Upvote 0