• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Performance, is this a joke?

Robersdee

Jun 8, 2009
Okay seriously

My comp isn't exactly top of the range but its far from obsolete, I'm running a Q6600 overclocked to 3ghz, a GTX 460 and 4 gig of ram on win 7, I play most games on high etc etc.

So what gives with the absolutely atrocious performance on here, I literally have to put everything on low and turn all options off to get anywhere NEAR a playable framerate and when I do turn all options to low/lowest it looks like the first iteration of Half life, and no I'm not an idiot, I've built systems for 15+ years, so I know how my system should be running. This is an UNREAL engine game, an engine geared for the PC, and to be honest, yeah it looks a bit better than the origional but not anywhere NEAR enough to make it run this shockingly

I understand its a beta but I cant see them optimising it to a point where its playable for me, bit of a joke when your using the U3 engine.

Yeah, it's running pretty badly for me at times. Seems to be quite inconsistent, turning shadows down gave me the biggest boost.

Same as the OP, I can run most other games maxxed out. RO2 is giving me 35-50 in many places, but will then drop to 20-25 as I round a corner for e.g. + then after a short while the FPS will normally come back a bit.

I'm playing at 2560x1600 on a QX6700, GTX 480, 4GB RAM setup. All on full except shadows on medium and AA low or off, FoV 90.

Hope TWI can speed things up a bit...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's funny that I can get a steady 60 FPS with Crysis 2, but depending on the map, my max FPS on RO2 can be anywhere from 15 to 40.

It's almost as if the game hasn't been optimized at all.

Yeah, it's running pretty badly for me at times. Seems to be quite inconsistent, turning shadows down gave me the biggest boost.

Same as the OP, I can run most other games maxxed out. RO2 is giving me 35-50 in many places, but will then drop to 20-25 as I round a corner for e.g. + then after a short while the FPS will normally come back a bit.

I'm playing at 2560x1600 on a QX6700, GTX 480, 4GB RAM setup. All on full except shadows on medium and AA low or off.

Hope TWI can speed things up a bit...
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=58894

Reactions: Sheps
Upvote 0
Okay seriously

My comp isn't exactly top of the range but its far from obsolete, I'm running a Q6600 overclocked to 3ghz, a GTX 460 and 4 gig of ram on win 7, I play most games on high etc etc.

So what gives with the absolutely atrocious performance on here, I literally have to put everything on low and turn all options off to get anywhere NEAR a playable framerate and when I do turn all options to low/lowest it looks like the first iteration of Half life, and no I'm not an idiot, I've built systems for 15+ years, so I know how my system should be running. This is an UNREAL engine game, an engine geared for the PC, and to be honest, yeah it looks a bit better than the origional but not anywhere NEAR enough to make it run this shockingly

I understand its a beta but I cant see them optimising it to a point where its playable for me, bit of a joke when your using the U3 engine.

I have almost the same setup, except I forget which videocard I have (one of the GTX series), but don't have any performance issues.

Upvote 0