• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Consistent battle for Stalingrad?

Satch

Mar 29, 2011
Hey guys. I may have dreamt this, but do I remember tripwire saying they are putting in a consistant battle for stalingrad? What I mean by this is a map of stalingrad with a load of different sections and it is played 24/7 and u choose which side to fight for at the start of the war and fight for stalingrad. It would run untill one team has control of all sections and would be reset. Kind of like World War 2 online if anyone played that. Now did i make all this up or is it happening? :D

hey guys. I may have dreamt this, but do i remember tripwire saying they are putting in a consistant battle for stalingrad? What i mean by this is a map of stalingrad with a load of different sections and it is played 24/7 and u choose which side to fight for at the start of the war and fight for stalingrad. It would run untill one team has control of all sections and would be reset. Kind of like world war 2 online if anyone played that. Now did i make all this up or is it happening? :d

do want!

Upvote 0
Hey guys. I may have dreamt this, but do I remember tripwire saying they are putting in a consistant battle for stalingrad? What I mean by this is a map of stalingrad with a load of different sections and it is played 24/7 and u choose which side to fight for at the start of the war and fight for stalingrad. It would run untill one team has control of all sections and would be reset. Kind of like World War 2 online if anyone played that. Now did i make all this up or is it happening? :D

I havent seen anythin of that in the future vision.

But we can still hope due.

Upvote 0
That is an incredible idea, something that I've always wanted to see. A Planetside-esque engine with a nonstop fight for different sectors in the city. Without too much effort an official campaign system could be implemented, with a map showing different sectors, and those sectors in turn were linked to a 64 player server with a map related to the sector. World of Tanks is supposed to have/get something like that at some point.

Upvote 0
I've seen things like that in other games, Total Annialation's Bone Yard was the first I can recal. I don't think that I have seen it in any shooters though. It would be a very cool thing to throw it if it isn't in the game, or planed to be put into it; I haven't heard any thing about it though.

Upvote 0
1302918014522.jpg

Reactions: Choice
Upvote 0
Planetside is very similar to the idea i had. Stalingrad split up into say 10-20 sections which is a consistant battleground. You fight on 64 player servers across all the maps. Each segment is a different map and you choose which side to fight for at the start of the game (or be conscripted to one if balance is off). Got a load more of things i thought of for this, but wont write them down. Any way to contact tripwire 2 read this and consider it?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0