• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Increase recoil of MP-40 and hipfiring MGs

The only real problem I have is the damage penetration of the MP-40, seems like the bullets can fly through pretty much anything at any range. I think there's a firefight going on in the other side of the damn house and somehow I end up taking a stray to the head.

This is the kind of luck I get and only get in this game since I started playing 2 days ago.

Upvote 0
Are you guys disabled?

BALANCE>REALISM

The goal of this game is to have the realistic advantages of different weapons.
There can be whining about the smg's, however I have never been shot by a smg on FallenFighters except for 2 times when someone stood next to me.

The balance is player-side, have a bolt? Then don't rush into QCB and make use of long range lethality (or melee).
Even on apartments I do pretty well with only a bolt, pick a good spot and don't popup at the same loc where you took cover, even smg

Upvote 0
Reactions: teemu92
Upvote 0
I have seen a guy today who was running around in buildings in Apartments using the MG34 as a smg, he just walked inside and blasted everyone and i don't think this fits in RO2, sure it was possible to shoot a few rounds from the hip, but this was only done in a emergency situation, you didn't had Germans running around back than with MG's and blasting from the hip.

I tried it myself and its far to accurate, you have to compensate the recoil and you are a walking Rambo.

Upvote 0
I have seen a guy today who was running around in buildings in Apartments using the MG34 as a smg, he just walked inside and blasted everyone and i don't think this fits in RO2, sure it was possible to shoot a few rounds from the hip, but this was only done in a emergency situation, you didn't had Germans running around back than with MG's and blasting from the hip.

I tried it myself and its far to accurate, you have to compensate the recoil and you are a walking Rambo.
MG42 firing from shoulder (it has higher ROF than MG34 thus more recoil):
MG42 Full Auto Belt Fed - Good Shooter - YouTube

Now tell me why should it be impossible to use MG34 to clear a building? While it's not as optimal as SMG it's still light year ahead of using bolt-action rifle.

Upvote 0
the recoil is already way over the top for the mg34 in this game ..
if u hipfire a gun like that , it wont fly all over the room and make u do backflips .. its more like this

Sadly the guy in the video is not jogging at the same time and press trigger down Rambo style, which is the main complaint about MG hipshooting in RO2.

Upvote 0
There will be almost no balance changes made for this game. Tripwire's not going to increase the MP-40's recoil to XXX and modify it's damage to XXX.

The recoil weapons have is designed to be realistic. MP-40s are very, very easy to control, and Machine Guns weigh so much that their recoil is relatively low too.

Recoil in PPSh is anything but realistic mate, MP40 and MG34 is probably quite close though. And how you know what Tripwire will do and what not?

Upvote 0
.. so i think the russian machinegunners should only be issued one clip ;)

*Begins work on a mutator where rifleman only spawn with a rifle 1/3rd of the time, instead spawning with a single clip of ammunition. Those lucky enough to spawn with a rifle only get the ammunition in the gun. They must look ammo/rifles off of each other in order to fight back properly. Also, Squad Leaders and Commanders can execute cowards without a loss of honor.*

Upvote 0
I don't think there's a problem with the SMGs on their own; I think the recoil and stuff is acceptable for a limited class weapon. But I think that's kind of the problem, they aren't really limited, especially in lower player games. I run into far more SMGs and semi autos than I do bolt actions.

If you think about like a 32 player server, with what, 5 assault classes, 4 elite riflemen classes, two squad leader classes, and a commander class, that's maybe 10 or so people on a team of 16 that have those weapons. Add the two machine gunner slots and that's even less people with bolt actions. Very few people are actually forced to use the bolt actions because there are so many classes that let you use other weapons.

That makes it kind of hard for people who opt to use bolt actions out of choice when everyone you face has a gun far more suited for close range than you do, or a semi auto that's, quite frankly, better in every way than your bolt action.

While I'm not saying that an encounter like that is unfair somehow in any way, it's a problem that SMGs and semi auto rifles are so common compared to bolt actions when it really should be the other way around. I should be running into an SMG guy every three or four riflemen, not a riflemen for every three SMG guys. Makes it kind of frustrating for riflemen when there are so many people with, more or less, BETTER guns than them, instead of being more or less even fights punctuated by encounters with weapons that outclass you. Unless it's just me seeing it like this, of course.

Upvote 0