• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Age...oh bu##er!

Wodin

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 15, 2006
Liverpool UK
I was forty in August and I'm realisng my reflexes aren't what they where...if I'm not fiddling around with the mouse I panic or press the damn fire button to slow....

I always imagined me playing the state of the art realistic shooter with life like atmosphere and graphics when I was 70....now I realise it may happen but I'd be absolutely useless...

I reckon anyone under 30 should be penalised in some way to help us oldies....only joking.

Haha. Thank god I got my reflexes back into working condition by playing TF2 for a few long nights before this beta came out. Now I'm actually somewhat able to react into a surprises coming from around the corner.

I still need to improve my reflexes though, enough to be able to stop my finger from pressing the mouse button when I realize it's a teammate, or when I see someone's just about to run into my line of fire... Grr.

For the record, I'm "only" 32 years old.

Upvote 0
old-people-on-computer.jpg

Reactions: Bowcaster
Upvote 0
I feel your pain, brother. You do make us all sound very old, though.

40 is the new 18.

Yeah sorry mate...still feel the same as I always eve rdid...when your younger 40 seems a million miles away...but it aint..time flies...you think at 40 you'll be totally different and adukt and mature...your not...your no different to how you hwere when you where 20...except the body goes west...

Upvote 0
I was forty in August and I'm realisng my reflexes aren't what they where...if I'm not fiddling around with the mouse I panic or press the damn fire button to slow....

I always imagined me playing the state of the art realistic shooter with life like atmosphere and graphics when I was 70....now I realise it may happen but I'd be absolutely useless...

I reckon anyone under 30 should be penalised in some way to help us oldies....only joking.
Well, I am in the same boat. What I do is use the bolt rifles mostly and avoid that close combat stuff. Leave that for the young bucks.

Upvote 0

We should definitely Penalize those little boys.

Upvote 0

Just play CoD Black Ops MP to sharpen those reflexes, I am. I've now got the fastest finger in the west. The wife is all for it.

Oh and get a decent mouse where you can crank the DPI up.

Upvote 0
40 eh! young whippersnappers! I'm 52 :eek:. Managed 7 kills earlier today though. It'd be fair to mention that I got my butt handed to me about 30 times though :D.

Well im 40 as well and i have to tell you i rank first or second every mother lovin game !! this game plays to tactics and experience and that is what we have a wealth of. Plus my reflexes are still good. Most of the high kill ratios in this game are at the bottom of the score screen anyway (kill 28 / team points 3 !!). Love It !! Hell ! we don't:D even have to get Hero status , we already are battle hardened.

Upvote 0