• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Realism and Custom Mode questions

I would love to see this mode become an option, as it is the only one I would be interested in playing (although I'd be very interested in playing it!). I hear what the devs are saying, that the advantages provided by grinding are small, but an advantage is an advantage, and that's totally unacceptable to me. It sounds like it would be possible to create a fair game mode with the custom mode options, but if someone wanted to find it, it sounds like they'd have to wade through a lot of off the wall stuff to do so.

implying that a fresh soldier from the homeland would be as good as a battle hardened soldier?

realism!

Upvote 0
Some of the other guys already mentioned this, but essentially we're still playing around with the realism/relaxed realism mode settings and they aren't finalized yet. Basically we've got a bunch of options and we're still working on nailing down which ones will be turned on/off for the different settings levels. But I'll give you some answers that you should not consider set in stone:

Many people will do the opposite....lol

Btw, thank you a lot for the (sedative :D) answer, i like it. :)

This is exactly what i want in server settings. The server mods to chose what unlocks you get all the time and what unlocks you never get.

For my perfect server I would;
- Bayonets for all Riflemen
- 71 drum mags for PPSHs
- No Rare Weapons (Mkb42, G41, AVT40)
- No Levels or Perks
- No Dual Mag for MP40
- Pistols for historical classes

He said lot of time that the servers will be personalizable and that there will be also mods etc so don't worry about that ;)

implying that a fresh soldier from the homeland would be as good as a battle hardened soldier?

realism!

This isn't a stupid statement

Last edited:
Upvote 0
#7 troubles me.

There are some core things about the game that make a hardcore mode seemingly no different, other than a different compass.

Hardcore needs at the least:

-More weapon sway
-Slower ironsights
-Less Stamina
-Greater impact of Stamina on sway, accuracy and the time it takes to bring the ironsights up.

If this does not change in Hardcore mode, it can hardly be called a hardcore mode, and we will pretty much have been stiffed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
#7 troubles me.

There are some core things about the game that make a hardcore mode seemingly no different, other than a different compass.

Hardcore needs at the least:

-More weapon sway
-Slower ironsights
-Less Stamina
-Greater impact of Stamina on sway, accuracy and the time it takes to bring the ironsights up.

If this does not change in Hardcore mode, it can hardly be called a hardcore mode, and we will pretty much have been stiffed.

Is this under the assumption that hardcore mode just makes the game harder? I disagree. I think it will just break the realistic nature of the game and destroy the flow and presentation of combat. In other words, it will turn combat into something that it's not and something more along the lines of RO1 *shudders*.

-Paas

Upvote 0
Is this under the assumption that hardcore mode just makes the game harder? I disagree. I think it will just break the realistic nature of the game and destroy the flow and presentation of combat. In other words, it will turn combat into something that it's not and something more along the lines of RO1 *shudders*.

-Paas
We'll just agree to disagree in this thread as well.

Upvote 0
What bothers me is that now the reality settings are named;

Relaxed Realism = Normal

Realism (RO1 Normal) = Hardcore

What used to be normal is now 'hardcore' :-/

/sarcasm
Why can't there be just Normal servers (with the Skull icon and hardcore settings) and Novice servers with Bunny-head instead of Skull :D
/sarcasm

Reactions: Kirq
Upvote 0
/sarcasm
Why can't there be just Normal servers (with the Skull icon and hardcore settings) and Novice servers with Bunny-head instead of Skull :D
/sarcasm

I know you suggested that tongue-in-cheek, but would icon would apply to servers running a custom difficulty setting?

Maybe just a super awesome dude? :cool:

Or perhaps: :IS2:

:D

Upvote 0
What bothers me is that now the reality
/sarcasm
/sarcasm

That is actually quite good idea :cool:

I also wonder what will be the difference between softcore and realism servers (not talking about custom ones), I hope it woun't be only different HUD.

Upvote 0