• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

CoD sniper quick-scoping in RO2 ;P

@El_Ejcovero:
I don't see the difference.

@babokitty: yeah, screw realism, make switching to ironsights an insta-switch, no delay at all. Also I'm all for rocket jumps and of course semi-auto rocket launchers. Add to this some plasmas guns and we also need a crosshair and... yes... QUAD DAMAGE.

If hip-shooting is more effective, then OK. But it seems its not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Quickscopers make me sick.
Not only is it freaking stupid and more often than not (FREAKING USELESS), but it's annoying as heck to hear people talk about how "They quickscoped that <insert swear word> from all of 20 feet away wowz!".
And quickscoping a sniper rifle would never even apply to real life :mad:
Never seen anyone in real life fire a rifle by facehumping themselves with the rifle while madly pulling the trigger.

Upvote 0
@El_Ejcovero:
I don't see the difference.

@babokitty: yeah, screw realism, make switching to ironsights an insta-switch, no delay at all. Also I'm all for rocket jumps and of course semi-auto rocket launchers. Add to this some plasmas guns and we also need a crosshair and... yes... QUAD DAMAGE.

Are you saying 0hmwrecker vids didn't remind you of COD? If that's something the devs put in for assaults, this should be left in for the riflemen.

Gameplay > Realism

Reactions: Krator
Upvote 0
Um, OP, do you know what quick-scoping is?

It's an aim assist code exploit on Call of Duty games on consoles. It does not exist in the PC code of those same games because there is no aim assist on the PC versions.

RO2 does not have aim assist or auto aim so ergo it does not have any quickscoping.

What you just saw was a dude lining up his shots from the hip and shooting as soon as the sights were drawn.

Quickscopers make me sick.
Not only is it freaking stupid and more often than not (FREAKING USELESS), but it's annoying as heck to hear people talk about how "They quickscoped that <insert swear word> from all of 20 feet away wowz!".
And quickscoping a sniper rifle would never even apply to real life :mad:
Never seen anyone in real life fire a rifle by facehumping themselves with the rifle while madly pulling the trigger.

Wow. lol. Listen, I own Call of Duty 4 on the Playstation 3. I've seen quickscopers and how they play, so one day I decided to try it for myself on one of the !@#holes. All you have to do is hold ADS + primary fire and the scope automatically is aimed by the computer onto the target, it snaps onto the target essentially, and the shot registers as a hit. No PC game does this because it lacks aim assist code. The closest equivalent would be something like aimbotting, which is a deliberate hack as opposed to an exploit, which is what quickscoping is on consoles.

What you're complaining about is completely different from quickscoping as it's known among console gaming communities.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

It's an aim assist code exploit on Call of Duty games on consoles. It does not exist in the PC code of those same games because there is no aim assist on the PC versions.

RO2 does not have aim assist or auto aim so ergo it does not have any quickscoping.

What you just saw was a dude lining up his shots from the hip and shooting as soon as the sights were drawn.

Wow. lol. Listen, I own Call of Duty 4 on the Playstation 3. I've seen quickscopers and how they play, so one day I decided to try it for myself on one of the !@#holes. All you have to do is hold ADS + primary fire and the scope automatically is aimed by the computer onto the target, it snaps onto the target essentially, and the shot registers as a hit. No PC game does this because it lacks aim assist code. The closest equivalent would be something like aimbotting, which is a deliberate hack as opposed to an exploit, which is what quickscoping is on consoles.

What you're complaining about is completely different from quickscoping as it's known among console gaming communities.

Actually, it's not aim-assist they're abusing (though it helps), quick-scoping abuses the fact that for a split second, when scoping in, the aim is perfectly centered (no sway/accuracy penalty).
In that split second your bullet will /always/ go straight to the middle of your screen. That's why a lot of quick-scopers (or idiots as I like to call them) have a little tape or something on their screen with a dot (in the center) to help them aim their "quick scope".

Anyhow, thought I'd just clarify this as people seem to think it's related to aim-assist, which there isn't in any game (besides MW2) on the PC.

Upvote 0

Well thank goodness for PC gaming.

Upvote 0
Not good. It looks really easy (the scope is not moving at all when you stop breathing) , you couldn't pull that stuff up in RO1

On Fallen Heroes you don't even need a scope, it's so easy to zoom in and snipe people, from anywhere. I think the lack of weapon sway is an issue here. While it is noticable it is very easy to counter it.

It seems like its easier to aim in this game. I notice that I'm being killed a lot more often running from cover to cover, whereas in the original I didn't get shot as much while sprinting to cover. I think part of it may be aiming might be easier but then again, most people rest their weapons anyway before firing at range. Seems like the dive isn't nearly as effective as it was in the original too that's also causing me to get killed. Whether that's more realistic or not I don't know...I dive to cover and constantly have to crawl more distance to get full defilade because I dive short.

Upvote 0
Thats abuse of the marksman class better camp somewhere and take out targets of interesest cause some one will soon enough kick you or take your place.

Atleast when the full game is released.
And that is indeed not quick scoping like others stated any rifle can do that with a bit of luck and taking by surpise :cool:

Upvote 0
It just looks like he is rather skilled and taking advantage of an exploit (sights that start out centered on screen) that needs to be fixed. It is a Beta after all and TWI constantly fixes and updates their games.

Also looks like the type of player I would rather do without. Can't wait till its easier to find the more realism based servers so I can play with those other players more tactically oriented and not the self--centered run'n'gunners.

Upvote 0
The reason he can do so well by "Quickscoping" is because the freeaim makes the gun harder to hipfire but when he pulls the scope up the aim is instantly reset the the middle of the screen until he moves his mouse.

I thought TWI said they fixed that exploit ages ago..

Well if they haven't, it needs to be ASAP, or people will be using overlays to cheat.

Upvote 0
hey guuuys,
some of you guys say, quick-scoping only exists with COD, but thats just not true :D

quick-scoping exists LONG before COD, in Counter-Strike i.e.

The thing is, in Counter-Strike quick-scoping is no abuse or exploit, it's a matter of SKILL, which not everyone has.
In CS you don't have a crosshair with your sniper, so if you know by guessing, where the center of your screen would be, and if you got the right timing of hitting the scope and shooting, you could kill someone very fast. and speed is the key in not losing aimduels in cs. so quickscoping is just a prevention for a sniper, to not get shot instantly by an ak or what ever and basically kill your opponent faster than he kills you.

sorry if my english is a cluster****, its not my mothertongue ;)

so yeah, SCREW you guys talking abou quickscoping would be a phenomenon existing since COD ;) i mean quickscoping in cs and quickscoping in COD on a console with aimassist are two different things.

ah, one more thing, F+++Y++ Cod :D and the people claiming to hate COD but owning every single COD game and mappacks :p

Upvote 0
This style of sniping reminds me playing COD or Counterstrike. Aiming is just to fast and how i can see in this video it is not hard to gun down the enemies. In Ro sniping was harder. The progress this game is making is not good. Pls dont let this wonderfull game became another stupid CS or Cod trash clone.

Last edited:
Reactions: billyboy
Upvote 0
hey guuuys,
some of you guys say, quick-scoping only exists with COD, but thats just not true :D

quick-scoping exists LONG before COD, in Counter-Strike i.e.

The thing is, in Counter-Strike quick-scoping is no abuse or exploit, it's a matter of SKILL, which not everyone has.
In CS you don't have a crosshair with your sniper, so if you know by guessing, where the center of your screen would be, and if you got the right timing of hitting the scope and shooting, you could kill someone very fast. and speed is the key in not losing aimduels in cs. so quickscoping is just a prevention for a sniper, to not get shot instantly by an ak or what ever and basically kill your opponent faster than he kills you.

Who cares? The point is that quick-scoping is retarded and unrealistic and has no place in any mode of RO.

The fact that a damn sniper with a bolt-action rifle can sprint through a 3 story building and clear it out with super speed CoD quick-scoping just proves how dumbed down Red Orchestra has become.

Upvote 0
When I read some comments here that RO2 is "like CoD omgg!" I didn't believe of course. Well, even now I think it's totally different game, but one thing is... almost the same.:p

Half of the quickscope shots miss, I don't see the problem here... If you would have just used the iron sights on the sniper, you would've probably killed each guy with 1.

Also, I don't see the resemblence to CoD quickscoping. I have played CoD (black ops), where I mostly used sniper rifles because of easy quickscoping. It is nothing like that in RO2, if that would've been CoD-like quickscoping, none of those shots would've missed and you wouldn't have been watching through the scope nearly as long.

Anyways: Why fail at quickscoping, when you can succeed with ironsights?

Upvote 0