• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RAMMSTEINx510

Aug 29, 2011
Wisconsin
so in the final game... are they going to include the more famous weapons of WW2 such as the: MG42, STG44, G43?? having the MG34 in this game isnt that accurate in the first place as it was replaced by the MG42 because the 42 was much cheaper and easier to produce, and it had a bigger "bite" than the 34.

so in the final game... are they going to include the more famous weapons of WW2 such as the: MG42, STG44, G43?? having the MG34 in this game isnt that accurate in the first place as it was replaced by the MG42 because the 42 was much cheaper and easier to produce, and it had a bigger "bite" than the 34.

The Mkb is on the bloody box art...

The G43 is already in the beta. It is selectable as a German Elite Rifleman.

MG34:
It was to be replaced in infantry service by the related MG42, but there were never enough quantities of the new design to go around, and MG34s soldiered on in all roles until the end of World War II.

Upvote 0
It has the same "bite". The size of the round did not change. The "bark" changed because it fires much faster.

The 34 was actually more accruate than the 42 because it had a much lower firerate. The MG 42 did not have a single shot capability either. The 34 could handle targets at a farther distance than the 42 because it had the single shot capability. The 42 was literally a more advanced and cheaper to produce 34 with the downside of losing its single shot capability.

The 34 was used for almost everything. Infantry, Armor, Aircraft, Anti-Aircraft, etc

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The G43 is already in the beta. It is selectable as a German Elite Rifleman.

No it's not. And the G43 will not ever be in Heroes of Stalingrad.

What's in the game is the G41(W) which was the only self-loading Rifle available to the Germans during the siege of Stalingrad.

Also yea the StG44 was obviously not in Stalingrad either.

MG42 was indeed, but was incredibly rare, and I expect a post-release update to include it at some point.

Upvote 0
No it's not. And the G43 will not ever be in Heroes of Stalingrad.

What's in the game is the G41(W) which was the only self-loading Rifle available during the siege of Stalingrad.

My bad, they are essentially the same rifle minus the upgraded gas chamber and it is easy to get them confused. Whatever you call it, it is still a semi-automatic rifle for the Germans. Same with the STG/Mkb fiasco. Despite the differences for the people that are familiar with firearms, from a gameplay standpoint they both represent a German assault rifle.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Are these the guns ?

Germans: Karabiner 1898 Kurtz, Gewehr 41, MP40, MP38, MG42, MG34, and Walther P38, Flammenwerfer 35, Flammenwerfer 41, some more minor weapons I've probably forgotten (StG44[MP44] was not invented yet as this took place before 1943, when it was invented, the G43 wasn't there either) Tanks: Panzer and Tiger Tanks/ Aircraft: JU88 and JU Junkers 52

Russians: Tokarev SVT-40, Mosin Nagant 1882, PPS-42, PPSh-41, Tokarev TT-30, PTRS-41, DP-28, Tanks: T-34 Aircraft, Aircraft: Gibovski G-11, Waco CG-3, and the Yakovlev Yak-series -14 -6 and -8

Upvote 0
would like to see all the guns used on the eastern front eventually. it would be a shame if they included ONLY staingrad centered maps with ONLY staingrad seen weapons.

If memory serves me well, Tripwire has already stated that Heroes of Stalingrad will be strictly Stalingrad. Hence the name.

Now, modifications to the game, especially considering them being included with release, mean that you may be able to enjoy such things in the RO2 engine, but not made by Tripwire.

Upvote 0
would like to see all the guns used on the eastern front eventually. it would be a shame if they included ONLY staingrad centered maps with ONLY staingrad seen weapons.

It is Red Orchestra, and focussed on Stalingrad. 80 percent of all soldiers on both sides should have nothing but a rifle with bayonet and grenades. That was it.
I'm actually disappointed in the amount of SMG's, semi-auto rifles, MG's and the godawful everyone has a pistol that is showing up.
Realism should mean a realistic loadout of what would have been expected in any given group of Soviet or German sodiers during the Stalingrad battle environs.

Upvote 0
It is Red Orchestra, and focussed on Stalingrad. 80 percent of all soldiers on both sides should have nothing but a rifle with bayonet and grenades. That was it.
I'm actually disappointed in the amount of SMG's, semi-auto rifles, MG's and the godawful everyone has a pistol that is showing up.
Realism should mean a realistic loadout of what would have been expected in any given group of Soviet or German sodiers during the Stalingrad battle environs.
I agree that sidearms shouldn't be available to everyone the way they are now, and semi-autos fairly restricted. However, I don't think SMGs and MGs were as uncommon as you seem to believe.

I highly recommend reading the historical and tactical guide Tripwire put together for RO:OST [url]http://www.redorchestragame.com/downloads/manuals/Hist_and_Tac_Guide.pdf[/URL]
One of the pieces of information there is that the German doctrine called for 1 LMG per squad (9 soldiers) and the Soviets 2.

As for SMGs, over 5 million (TWI's guide)/6 million (Wikipedia) PPShs were produced from 1942 to 1945. The Soviets even had formations up to division size using it as their default weapon. (Something that is represented nicely in the RO:OST map Lyes Krovy, by the way.) An urban theatre like Stalingrad would definitely be a setting where SMGs would be very common.

Upvote 0