• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Superman!

Because ive dealt with them in other games before. I know who makes them and i know how long they go without being detected. They charge quite a bit for their hacks and anyone who knows of them will tell you that they make the best cheats out there. I mean, they are the first to make cheats for RO2 Beta for christs sake. that right there should tell you they are serious. Doesnt matter if the game is big or not.

What has got to be wrong with someone that would compel them to pay money to cheat in a video game? It's like you're not just being an asshole, you're making a political statement about how much of an asshole you are.

Upvote 0
What has got to be wrong with someone that would compel them to pay money to cheat in a video game? It's like you're not just being an asshole, you're making a political statement about how much of an asshole you are.

High quality undetected cheats cost money. So if ppl want to cheat and dont want to get detected then its a no brainer. I really hope server admins take a active approach because PB has a really bad track record against AA.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I never understood it. Video games are fun because they are challenging. The reward from seeing yourself move from helpless noob to server-clearing badass is amazing. If you cheat, all sense of victory is robbed. Every kill you get is because of a computer program, not your own dedication to the game.

I couldn't even imagine what would compel someone to cheat.

Upvote 0
I never understood it. Video games are fun because they are challenging. The reward from seeing yourself move from helpless noob to server-clearing badass is amazing. If you cheat, all sense of victory is robbed. Every kill you get is because of a computer program, not your own dedication to the game.

I couldn't even imagine what would compel someone to cheat.

They don't cheat to be good at the game, they cheat to get you to rage and get mad. Their entertainment comes from your reaction, not the game iteself. Its all about the lulz

Upvote 0
Or they are from a rival company committing industrial warfare. Make the competitors product look bad by doing hacks and ruining the game experience for the opposing company's customers.

Upvote 0
They don't cheat to be good at the game, they cheat to get you to rage and get mad. Their entertainment comes from your reaction, not the game iteself. Its all about the lulz

Yeah, this.

There needs to be some solution, because RO is the type of game that'd really suffer from cheaters.
Perhaps a revocation of the CD of any cheater, forever?
Basically - you cheat - buy a new copy of the game or go elsewhere to grief.

The fact there was literally no cheaters in the first RO meant is was a virtual oasis of fair play, where you could be sure if someone got you it's because he was playing well.

Upvote 0
Just played a match on FK server and we noticed a cheater/superman.
He had superspeed and was invincible as he ran around meleeing people.
Didn't get the Steam ID but name was "Manly Tears (Kin)"
Is that what Rammjaeger mentioned about the superhero or did he just hack the game?
Anyway it was annoying as he was using quite offensive language and just destroying the game. I hope this won't happen after release!

But as a rule I'd like to say: If you want to cheat go play COD or ask Tripwire for a cheater server where you can have a "who's got the best hack war"!

Edit: Just saw that there was a post already about him so sorry for opening new thread. Mea culpa!

I can confirm this. I was in the same server with you as many others :).

Upvote 0
We've managed to catch him cheating yesterday as well. I tried to make a demo using demorec, but then I realised the demo function is not working yet. Which means that I can not post proof.

I do know what his steam ID is, and am willing to share it over PM(To not break the forum rules) So if anyone wants his steam ID just PM me and I'll send it to you.

Upvote 0
We've managed to catch him cheating yesterday as well. I tried to make a demo using demorec, but then I realised the demo function is not working yet. Which means that I can not post proof.

I do know what his steam ID is, and am willing to share it over PM(To not break the forum rules) So if anyone wants his steam ID just PM me and I'll send it to you.

Maybe sending it over to the devs? Just for cause.

Upvote 0
Some advantages are also disadvantages , besides COD that either ur hosting when MP or they are putting theyr servers to host not leting u do that this games allowes u to have ur own server witch is a good thing , but as many stated here "Get the admins to ban " well i dont realy trust admins to judge if some1 is cheating or not .

Was a post earlier about some1 complaining about Cheating just because the other guy had some 80 frags.....this tells me a lot , and that somehow in some time will be anarchy on servers ....

Upvote 0
:( I'm a little disappointed. World at War got some serious hackers after about a year or two, we have hackers day one...of the beta.
I fear for the future of this game...

ok what you need to do is find a good server with good admins, and put it in your favourites. Do this with a few servers, and the hacking problem becomes virtually nonexistent.

Upvote 0
Wall hacks and aimbots in a more skill based sneaking shooter like this is a death sentence. The blatant "LOL OWNED" running around fast / aimbotting everything cheater is annoying but easily caught.

It's the subtle ones that will get you, and every shot that hits you from seemingly nowhere / across the map / through the wall (when i didn't make a sound man!) / the 180 head shots when you were silent as hell.... that could have been skill... will make you think... "was that a hack? f*ck this i'm logging" instead of "damn, nice shot man"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Aha

Aha

Making a statement like this doesn't make you much better the the alleged hacker imo.

It's ok to cheat in another game just not the one I'm playing, What the puck is that crap?

As you might have guessed this was just a remark meant to be a generalisation referring to the mass market. Of course I don't want anyone to cheat and it is never ok. I just meant to say that cheating was unknown to me in RO for years and we do not need people like this here in RO2.
I think most people got the point. Sorry if it was misleading for you.

I hope they get permanently banned from RO2 MP altogether if that is possible! I think they should stop soon if they have to buy a new copy every time they cheat.
Even though it is only beta the cheaters should go as they also ruin the purpose of a beta and everyones fun.

One of you guys mentioned you know the person making the cheat?!
Expose him! I don't see any reason why to protect this person's identity. Ruining the game experience for all and lowering the quality of a product is intolerable imo.

Upvote 0
The people hacking are getting their hacks from the best hack creators in PC gaming (i wont say who makes them). So its HIGHLY doubtful that PB will be able to do **** about it. Its going to come down to server admins taking a aggressive role in kicking these players.

PB's good for detecting free hacks and garbage, but like i said, the ppl who are making the RO2 hack are the best developers out there for this sort of thing.

Correct, we are not dealing with kids here.

THESE PEOPLE WERE HACKING UT ENGINE BEFORE RO EVEN EXISTED. WE CAN ONLY TAKE COMFORT IN WELL RUN SERVERS. EVERY GOOD GAME HAS THIS ISSUE. the more people play, the more money these hack makers make. For them RO1 wasn't worth shut with small playerbase. Now that RO2 has appealed to a larger base, it's lucrative business.

I CAN ONLY PRAISE THE DEVS FOR THINKING AHEAD AND GETTING PB SND VAC, although this won't eradicate all cheaters, it WILL get a lot of them banned with surprise updates etc.

Upvote 0