• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Soooo... that Beta

I do.

RO actually gave me an adrenaline rush. Hearing the mg42 rounds zip overhead as you crawl through the mud to your next objective was awesome.

RO2 is good too, it just doesnt make firefights as intense. Its like any other game for me.

I never got frustrated when i was killed in RO, but in RO2 most of the kills seem kinda bulls***. Most of them are due to the cover system spazzing out on me.

The worst is when you kill someone, and 10sec later you get killed by him; you know exactly that he found you using the killcam.

Upvote 0
Seriously you're comparing a beta to a game you probably have 100+ hours experience with and declaring final judgment after <24hrs of playing time?

My advice: play some more.

I watched my buddy who I was voice-chatting with take a bullet right through his noggin' in front of me and saw the brain-matter burst all over the stone wall next to me, then I proceeded to slowly crawl below a nearby truck and take out his assailant. 'twas the definition of immersive I'd say.

Upvote 0
I do.

RO actually gave me an adrenaline rush. Hearing the mg42 rounds zip overhead as you crawl through the mud to your next objective was awesome.

RO2 is good too, it just doesnt make firefights as intense. Its like any other game for me.

I never got frustrated when i was killed in RO, but in RO2 most of the kills seem kinda bulls***. Most of them are due to the cover system spazzing out on me.

The worst is when you kill someone, and 10sec later you get killed by him; you know exactly that he found you using the killcam.

Play a server without killcams turned on. I've been playing on Tripwire Realism server. It's great, I didn't like the Killcam either last night. But didn't realise till today that I was on a relaxed server. Realism servers are definately the way to go. Even ghost walking was is turned off on this server.

Upvote 0
I do.

I HATE this too

Upvote 0
You know, some of these threads remind me of one of my favorite quotes.:rolleyes:

"Fans are clingy, complaining dips***s who will never, ever be grateful for any concession you make"

But anyway, Thanks for making a game for us tripwire I am having an awesome time in the beta(even found some bugs) and I am stoked for the final version. :D

Upvote 0
I do.

Step 1) Stop using cover.

Step 2) You now are killing everyone.

Once I stopped using cover people were unable to predict where I was and when I was going to pop up and shoot.

Standing 5 feet behind the window and shooting out of it is 1000% more effective then using the window cover system.

Reactions: Cpt-Praxius
Upvote 0
I think it's absolutely hilarious.

Tripwire: Sorry guys, but the game is bugged right up the butt right now. We're going to have to delay a few weeks to get it workable.
Playerbase: WE DON'T CARE. RELEASE IT NOW!
Tripwire: Alright guys, but we're telling you it's really freaking broken right now...
Playerbase: OMG GAME IS BROKEN Y U RELEASE SUCH ****TY GAME I NEVER BUY TRIPWIRE PRODUCT AGAIN HNGGGGGGGGGG.

Maybe next time Devs need to stop calling it a Beta and instead, refer to the Beta as "Closed Bug Fixing Release Version"

Which is of course the exact same damn thing, but trying to explain to people wtf a Beta is doesn't seem to be working. :D

Step 1) Stop using cover.

Step 2) You now are killing everyone.

Once I stopped using cover people were unable to predict where I was and when I was going to pop up and shoot.

Standing 5 feet behind the window and shooting out of it is 1000% more effective then using the window cover system.

Agreed, that's what I do..... and I've never used the lean feature, even in RO1.... just never saw a point to it. As soon as you're exposed, there's something to shoot.

Though I do use the cover feature often, it depends on the situation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Seriously you're comparing a beta to a game you probably have 100+ hours experience with and declaring final judgment after <24hrs of playing time?

My advice: play some more.

I watched my buddy who I was voice-chatting with take a bullet right through his noggin' in front of me and saw the brain-matter burst all over the stone wall next to me, then I proceeded to slowly crawl below a nearby truck and take out his assailant. 'twas the definition of immersive I'd say.

I'm not saying the game isn't fun still because it definitely is still fun. It's just so far from what i have played (although only have 3 maps to base it off of so far) RO 1 just is a little more fun. I'm not boycoting the game or anything I'm definetely still buying it just was wandering if others felt the same

Upvote 0
I do.

The worst is when you shoot someone with a bolt action rifle who is next to you and then they go into slow death and kill you still

Upvote 0