• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Commander controls and uses

Derpus

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 16, 2011
So, as far as I can tell you can select individual squads, all squads, then you hit F and you can tell them to move/attack a specific area. You can also just tell them to attack/defend an objective area.

F also marks artillery targets, but are there any beta maps that let you call artillery fire? As far as I know you can only call in recon planes in beta.

And, aside from things like force respawn, does the commander have any other uses?

So... In what forms do orders come in? Or maybe there were no competent commanders in the servers I played in... :p

Most of the people don't seem to know the commander can do anything different. Pressing B as commander brings up command menus for ordering squad leaders, individually or all of them at once.

Mark the map for artillery then find the radio station and call in the strike. It will follow shortly after.

I've marked the map and run up to the radio, pressed ctrl which opens it up but all I had was the Recon plane highlighted for use. Unless you're supposed to press another button when you're at the radio? F does nothing; it just brings up the mark location arrow. Perhaps the Danzig map just has no artillery support.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Has anyone had trouble using the recon? I mean, I use it, I see the plane....I just don't see whats supposed to happen next.

Once, when I wasn't a commander, I saw a ton of red exclamations appear all over the map. So, I figure that's what its supposed to do. Not happening when I do it x.x.

Doesn't it just marks general areas where enemies are located on the map? Or something like that?

Upvote 0
Has anyone had trouble using the recon? I mean, I use it, I see the plane....I just don't see whats supposed to happen next.

Once, when I wasn't a commander, I saw a ton of red exclamations appear all over the map. So, I figure that's what its supposed to do. Not happening when I do it x.x.

U must stay close to the radio until the reacon has finished

Upvote 0
I've marked the map and run up to the radio, pressed ctrl which opens it up but all I had was the Recon plane highlighted for use. Unless you're supposed to press another button when you're at the radio? F does nothing; it just brings up the mark location arrow. Perhaps the Danzig map just has no artillery support.

Press F and left-clic to command the infantry, F + right-clic to mark artillery objectives. Maybe is that?

Upvote 0