• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Post your very first impressions!

Really good observation. I was disappointed in this as well. When I finally got into a game, after much frustration and trouble, I had several questions about things I couldn't figure out. I asked repeatedly and no one bothered to respond. I figured people might not have the chat thing figured out yet, but then I realized they were chatting away about how their shot should have killed the other person or why so and so should switch roles because "they suck.". Seriously? We were less than one hour into the beta and people were being told to play a different rifle because the team was losing! Bizarre.
well maybe they didnt know either...

Upvote 0
Wow, just wow!
RO2 is a whole different thing. Somehow you managed to have the fast running pace of CoD but yet not turn it in a run-n-gun game, amazing.
But sure there are bugs.
For one, I experienced the loading bug twice, and game crashed couple of times. Server browser is way too slow till it loads all the servers, but hang on, this isn't the report bug thread :D

So yeah, first impressions - impressed :)

Upvote 0
I have been reading a bit on the forums while at work today, but I dont agree on all the hate. My first impression:

Ironsight is nice, the zoom is ok, i dont see all the fuzz about it.

Graphics are nice, dont have anything to complain about there. Dont know my FPS, but it feels good enough with everything maxed out on 1920x1200.

Walking feels a bit weird, like im walking on ice, my character doesnt stop when I want him to stop etc, can get used to it I guess.

I wish there was a mode like in CS and CoD where one team plants a bomb and the other team defuses it. The current modes are confusing and theres enemies all over the place, a bit out of control or w/e.

Having to toggle ADS, Crouch, Prone is very annoying but I guess I can get used to that aswell, however I hope this is something they are planning to add in the release.

Overall its fine, I can have fun playing it after getting used to some of the stuff described above.

Upvote 0
Im not gonna repeat a lot of the obvious which has been mentioned numerously, browser etc.

I do agree that too many people are playing this beta like a full out released game and have no intention of finding bugs or posting. The few questions that were asked, no one responded. I didn't hear one thing related to the beta.

Oh yeah, I don't care for switching teams either, was very disappointed with this, way to much RnG in this mode and barely enough time to settle into the battle.

Was this something that was asked by the fan base because I fear this is the start of Tripwire attracting a different kind of player which would suck big donkey balls.
And Im not talking any ol donkey here, I mean the ones that go all the way down to the bottom of the canyon and back up. Those sweaty donkey balls:D

Upvote 0
I'm disappointed with the inclusion of a killcam,teammate names visible (at medium-long ranges at least),the optional autobolting/autoreloading,and the super fast ADS (which makes dropshotting possible).

A forgive option should be available if teamkilled. (I know the dishonor thing is included) Teammate names being visible ruin the immersion (i nolonger have to think before I shoot). I don't like the objective icons being visible in my view. (just put them on a map)

-I hate unlocks too,I don't play an FPS for the RPG-like thrill of leveling up your character. That's what turns me away from games like call of duty.

I was hoping for an hd version of red orchestra ,not a casualized version of the game.

Reactions: Homuth
Upvote 0
My first kill, in traditional RO fashion, was a team kill--I didn't look at the key bindings before starting, and did the "hit G to resupply MGer" become "hit G to throw grenade at the feet of your 4 teammates"? Ooopsie!
This was my first kill too. A mg guy screaming he is out of ammo, well let's help the guy.....

Other than that i found the game to be great, lot's of bugs but great potential.

The at gun was really good for sniping.
The mg34 sounds just like a full auto softgun
Loved the kar98

Upvote 0
Thanks for sharing this beta with us.

Here are a few things to address related to the server browser:

1. The Server Browser should not launch with a full refresh/update automatically. It should only perform one when the player initiates it by clicking the button for that action.
    1. On top of this, presently, there's something wrong with the refresh activity that is creating a lot of CTDs and instability, so for the time being, being able to manually refresh, allow it to CTD, and then start the game up again and open the server browser without it refreshing, and join one of the servers listed would allow folks some chance to get in a game, which is better than currently where 99% of the time, it CTDs before you can get in a game and since it auto-refreshes every time you open the browser, it generally crashes before you can ever get in a game.
  2. The column headers should be clickable to sort by that column ascending/descending (Ping, Players, Server name etc)
  3. The server name column is very wide but the server names are truncating after only a handful of characters and there's no way to "slide" the column wall to make it wider and see more of the server names
  4. Server Browser should remember the last opened tab (the last tab that had focus, for example Favorites) and bring that up automatically next time the game is launched.
  5. Is there a Filter to screen for servers that aren't running Tank-only maps? I may have just overlooked it, but wanted to inquire regardless, as it's important for those of us who have no interest in Tank-only maps, just as there are probably some people who only want to play Tank maps.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Can't say much about the game itself yet because I haven't really played yet, but it doesn't runs good for me... My system isn't the newest, but it should run much better. getting ~30-40 Frames (with some things at low, some at medium) :( :(

My system:
Q6600 @ 3,0GHz (getting a i5 2500k soon though)
4GB DDR2 Ram
GTX285

Last edited:
Upvote 0