• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

For the love of God

Stephen

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Ch
Tripwire, I love you, but watching my friend play the beta - please, please, please remove pistols as standard weapons for most (all?) classes.

Let the officer/squad commander have one if they did, but riflemen and submachine gunners all having pistols (which fire as quickly as submachine guns do for some reason) is unrealistic and really annoying.

It would make far more sense to have bayonets by default (which they were) and have pistols as some sort of high-level unlock for normal classes.

Just my two cents, but having watched about eight or ten beta gameplay videos on YouTube in the last hour or two, the two things everyone is complaining about are clipping (bad idea) and pistols (worse idea).

Fix them for the 13th and this game will be markedly better.

:IS2:

I thought having pistols wouldn't matter that much for close combat, but yeah you can roll people with them at close range.

It's like having a pocket smg just pull it out before you go into a building and you're Charles Bronson until the ammo runs out. I can't test the bayonet but I'm pretty sure it's better than it.

Upvote 0