• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Should only the player with the fastest PC get SL, Mg, Sniper? NO - A Solution!

Your analogy doesn't work. Also, computer performance isn't directly proportional to interest in gaming.

I agree, just because im poor doesn't mean that i don't want to at least try parts of the game without having to wait for someone else to finish having their fun.

I play just fine with any other game regardless of how low my resolution and graphics are set. So why should i be at a disadvantage in the race to pick a class in RO2?

EDIT: Read above,just hope this has been fixed

Upvote 0
All the solutions to this are irrelevant. If there's one constant in multiplayer FPS it's that *EVERYONE* wants to be sniper (or smg in this case).

Notwithstanding all the elaborate solutions suggested here, it's obvious the first modifier installed on all but the most realism oriented servers will be the no-class-restriction mod. Noobs can cut there teeth there, try out all the weapons, and if they want, come to the realism servers (yea as if...).

I can't wait to see all the servers with 10 snipers per team and an smg prone behind every sandbag, fence, and corner. You know it's going to happen. Stop being in denial.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The_Cook has bad eyes. The_Cook has a really trick computer. The_Cook needs to play the sniper not for any other reason but because he needs the scope to see ****. People with legitimate handicaps like mine need to be given priority over other people in these random lottery things. Otherwise.. leave it as it is. People with the money to buy a good computer so they can get the sniper scope so they can see **** so they can play the game. The poor can just eat **** and die.

Reactions: Sleepy and aesdana
Upvote 0
or just invest in a better pc?

Maybe you havent read my first post properly, cause I already anticipated comments about upgrading:
This thread is about to help the players - NOT THE HARDWARE INDUSTRY!!! :mad:

Even if you upgrade, there will be always somebody with a faster PCs.
So there will be always disadvantages for some - and this thread is about to equal this disadvantages.
And you cant do that by forcing players to spent more money on a better rig.

...or do ya own a PC store and wanna make us all buy more RAM ect. so you make more profit?!? :rolleyes:

And some ppl just have redicilously long load time, should we have to wait in 5 min for them
to get into the game before we cant choose our class?

And why you repeat the false argument about waiting 5 minutes!?! :confused: NOBODY WANTS TO WAIT 5 MINUTES!!!
I wrote 15 seconds!!!
15 seconds ARE NOT 5 minutes!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have to agree with your class lock-down for 15 seconds just to let some people get in, have a bit of a sit down while everyone picks their team, has a bit of a chat about possible tactics or just a "Good luck, have fun" just to mellow things out. After the 15 seconds then everyone has a bit of a rush for those special classes but eh, that's as good as you're going to get.

I saw someone say "People with the fastest PC should get those slots because they're more dedicated to the game"...I hope to God they're a troll.

Having players with a higher rank in the class does sort of make sense, but also doesn't it kind of prevent people from leveling up the class? I mean if someone has a very high level in the class and applies for the roll or something then some guy who wants to try it out for the first time can't really. Hard to explain it words, but I hope you get it. If someone has leveled it up then they're preventing others from trying it out which is a tad unfair. But having it at random would be a better idea at least :)

I like this current thing where you can get a promotion for doing good on the team, that's nice and rewards good players accordingly but I'm sure people are against it as always.

Either way, nice thread OP. You're onto something here.

Upvote 0
Solution 2:
At the start of the map, the limited classes (SL/MG/Sniper) are locked for 15 seconds for everyone except the 3-5 highest ranked/skilled players on the team. They can pick those roles or others. If they don't do it in first 15 second, roles unlock for other players. The normal Rifleman and SMG are avaliable from the start for all players. 15 seconds are NOT 5 minutes! got that?!
If you didnt get the role you want, you should be able to apply (see #3)

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG

Under no circumstance shall parts of the game be restricted to good players. Anyone, no matter how crappy he plays has the right to use any weapon in the game.
However there should be a way to make all guns accessible to players, and not only to those who loaded the map first.
Perhaps some random assignment after death.

Upvote 0
Personally, I think a better solution would be:

If you choose a limited class, at the end of the round your team score is worked out while you played that class. If you do well with that class, then you are entitled to use it again. If you do badly, then you cannot select that class again until the map reloads OR, when you are demoted to rifleman, the more team score you earn, earns you the right to pick a better class.

Perhaps.

Upvote 0
Personally, I think a better solution would be:

If you choose a limited class, at the end of the round your team score is worked out while you played that class. If you do well with that class, then you are entitled to use it again. If you do badly, then you cannot select that class again until the map reloads OR, when you are demoted to rifleman, the more team score you earn, earns you the right to pick a better class.

Perhaps.
No that is a very bad solution. Every player, no matter how well he plays must have equal access to all features of the game.

Upvote 0
Or make the Telescopic Sight an attatchment for the rifleman class. You unlock it after getting X amount of 150m+ shots or something.

There are WAY too many idiots who can't shoot/suppress/cover team with that gun, I'm talking 1 kill and about 10-15 points per entire duration of Countdown on FallenFighters. It's annoying. To the point I want to pistolwhip them to death.

Reactions: smith1215
Upvote 0
Everyone Votes for a Team Leader / Commander (this may be more beneficial for clans / units)

People apply / request for special roles (Sniper, MGer, Engie, and AT)

Team Leader accepts / denies requests

I think that this is the system for PR and it may be too time consuming for RO but it is just an idea.

Or make the Telescopic Sight an attatchment for the rifleman class. You unlock it after getting X amount of 150m+ shots or something.

There are WAY too many idiots who can't shoot/suppress/cover team with that gun, I'm talking 1 kill and about 10-15 points per entire duration of Countdown on FallenFighters. It's annoying. To the point I want to pistolwhip them to death.

please jesus go play cod. sorry for the insult but it is a facepalm moment lol. no hard feelings.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In all of my past years, I've never had any problem with it. It's not like you can't have fun just because you don't get your favourite weapon. Apart from that.. well. The sniper rifle is nothing special. Hasn't been in RO1, and isn't in RO2. It is a nice feature, and a good sniper can be a decent help, but you can do all the work with the regular rifle too.

And the work of the MG's can be done with rifles, too.
And the work of the MP's can be done with rifles, too.
And the work of the AT-Weapons can be done with rifles, too - of course.

Or you just bypass crucial places.

Or, well, you'll just go and pick up a weapon from a dead teammate/enemy. It's not like they're scarce, is it? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
If the custom settings in servers are as great as they say. Then I imagine it would be possible to create unrestricted access to all of the classes. One would probably have to pony up the money and time to do it. Just as one would do for their realism server.

However I do agree, that everyone is entitled to the same experience. We all generally payed the same amount of money (Standard vs DDE). In saying that however people can display a bit of patience. This is still a beta, and we don't know exactly how all the systems will work. And I am sure if their are problems that limit players, that TWI will address them.

Upvote 0
I think those suggestions are still prone to giving others an unfair advantage. Put timers on the classes and people will just wait. Reset them after a round ends and people will just scramble to click "ready" first.

TBH I've been thinking about a pooling system. If a class is limited, have a button that lets you enter a pool of others who want to play it. When it reaches a certain threshold, say 5-10 players, the class will be given to a random player in the pool when the current holder of the class dies.

I like this idea. That or everybody is randomly assigned a kit to begin with.
For this match, you are: Assault. Your loadout preferences: (you choose your mp40 and sights/whatever is implemented in release)

No fuss.

Upvote 0