• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

My only complaint...

My only complaint...

• Yes

Votes: 37 68.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 31.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gaston!

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 10, 2009
So I've been obsorbed in the beta videos that have come out recently. And before I can get into any kind of constructive critisism about it, let me just say that I think this is going to be the best game since, well... ROOST? Anyway, I've been mostly very impressed with what I've seen.

The only complaint I would voice is over something that I was initially excited about: bandages. Now, I think they're a brilliant idea! The whole bleeding dynamic? Excellent! But, to be honest, I'm not enthused by how it's looking in the beta videos. As far as I can tell, there's no real animation for it; you just kind of crouch down for a couple of seconds and the bleeding stops... I mean, what?? There's not even a tactical incentive to not bandage yourself because it effects how you are able to fight! So unless an enemy is RIGHT in front of me, I'm not gonna wait 2 seconds from when I get shot to finding cover and slapping on a bandage. And then I'm right back in the game! I mean what is this? Let me bleed for a while for goodness sakes!

I think it would be better if it was a tactical decition that one would have to make, of when to take the time out to wrap their injured location. And just realistically: I can't apply a bandade to a nic on my finger as fast as they're dressing bullet wounds in these videos! What's the dealeo?

I was under the impression that failure to bandage leads to death as a result of blood loss.

One of us must be mistaken here.

but... he said there's no incentive to take that risk...

you bandage too fast for it to have some sort of "real meaning" besides pressing a key while you fight. if bandageing took 5, 10 seconds you would need to make that tactical choice... die, but take 1 or 2 with you.

Upvote 0
On that note, bandages appear not to show on the character models after application too. Has anyone seen any evidence to the contrary in the videos released thus far?

I was looking for it, and thought I saw no visible bandage, but the angle wasn't great and it may have just been my imagination.

I'm of a mind with the OP, in that the bandage mechanic stands out in stark contrast as it is now against the realism backdrop of RO. I really like the bleed-out system too, so maybe a longer bandage time and a more crippling impediment (ie. limping, walking slowly) and a much slower bleed out time will give the bandages a little more tactical significance?

Upvote 0
I don't think anyone believes the bandage speed is right from the BETA videos, surely?

At the speed its at now it's largely pointless. Increase the time and you have a great little tactical addition to the gameplay.

I'm sure they've already done it to the final build anyway. :IS2:

increasing the time it takes to apply a bandage is surely trivial so it will be patched, should the need arise.

Upvote 0
Yep, my fears for the lack of a bandaging animation were confirmed in the beta videos, something like Far Cry 2 would be extremely appreciated, since i know that would also take a lot of work, I would personally mail cake and blowjobs to TWI's offices.

Similar to far cry 2 we should have to dig out the bullets with a screwdriver or your bayonet or something

Nah.

But seriously you're gonna have to take gaus and wrap it around the leg or arm a few time with some pressure applied

Upvote 0
I agree. It seems poorly done. Anyways, if you get shot seriously enough that you are bleeding to death a simple bandage won't make you able to continue to fight anyways. Even if you are bandaged up, you will more than likely be out of the fight.

Considering how frequently and how quick it is used in game, I really wonder why they bothered implementing it. It just seems like an annoying feature to me. Of course, this is just IMO.

Upvote 0