• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Pre-download

That's different, those guys were all actually there because they pre-ordered.
I'd say 19 console owners I know out of 20 never actually heard of pre-ordering.
And most of them buy consoles mostly so they can play Pro Evolution Soccer, and Cod when they're bored of PES.

To be honest, there's usually no point in pre-ordering, especially console games. 99% of the time there's no benefit, getting beta access for pre-order is more a rarity than the norm.

Upvote 0
That's different, those guys were all actually there because they pre-ordered.
I'd say 19 console owners I know out of 20 never actually heard of pre-ordering.
And most of them buy consoles mostly so they can play Pro Evolution Soccer, and Cod when they're bored of PES.

To be honest, there's usually no point in pre-ordering, especially console games. 99% of the time there's no benefit, getting beta access for pre-order is more a rarity than the norm.

Upvote 0

Over half the time, when I pre-order something, it's because of some pre-order bonus. Like the soundtrack for X game or whatnot. I still fondly remember getting Final Fantasy Tactics Advance the day before release because the girl at GameStop (I believe it may have been a Babbages at the time) was a total bro.

Upvote 0
That isn`t true. RO2 sells much better than COD.

RO2 will gross more than a billion dollars in two months, and out sale all other games for the quarter? RO2 is a niche game, thankfully it's a rather large niche whereas the developers can still earn some good coin, but the fans don't have to be subjected to a game that has been dumbed down.

RO2 is very popular, and very deserving of their success, but they're not a larger franchise than CoD. Which goes without saying RO2 is still better than CoD.

Upvote 0
RO2 will gross more than a billion dollars in two months, and out sale all other games for the quarter? RO2 is a niche game, thankfully it's a rather large niche whereas the developers can still earn some good coin, but the fans don't have to be subjected to a game that has been dumbed down.

RO2 is very popular, and very deserving of their success, but they're not a larger franchise than CoD. Which goes without saying RO2 is still better than CoD.

On the PC, RO is now a bigger franchise than COD.

Upvote 0