• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Third Voodoo Extreme Video To Celebrate Private Beta Launch

Ohmwrecker

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 7, 2011
Hey guys, I wasn't sure I was going to have time to splice together a third video but I came across footage that I could use that's a little bit different. First, there's a little bit of rifle footage. Second, there's some tank footage that for once isn't embarrassing! ;)

I credit my fellow testers for informing me on the proper angles of attack and weak points. Now I know how to take out a tank in one or two shots if I'm at a good angle.

Some minor issues / bugs to be aware of in the build though:

1. At one point my tank engine sounds go out.
2. Ripple visual effect on snow terrain.
3. At one point a tank simply disappears. I think this was from a player leaving the server.

The video is in the process of uploading right now, and should be live in about an hour at:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MaskedGamer

It will be 1080p like my other videos, but keep in mind that Youtube has to finish processing the video first. Sometimes it'll put up a 240 / 360p, then slowly progress to 480p, then 720/1080p. I've seen the process take hours, depends on how bogged down Youtube's servers are.

FYI I do have a whole bunch of extra footage, but it's being reserved for a secret project. I can't say much beyond that. :)

Edit: Also, check the attachment out while you wait. There are 50 servers waiting for you guys already!

Edit #2: Video is up!

One More Red Orchestra 2 Pre-Private Beta Gameplay Video - YouTube

Attachments

• rogame 2011-08-30 00-15-39-17.jpg
    rogame 2011-08-30 00-15-39-17.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Thank you Ohm I love everything you've released and would love to play with you sometime. I'm a journalist as well, I've worked for Kombo.com and Lorehound.com but both sites ended up kinda going under or different directions. So if you ever need anyone for Voodoo Extreme let me know :)

Upvote 0
Did your tank heal at 6:58? If so, thats pretty lame and will now be my biggest dissapointment of the game so far. I don't imagine that armor plates would be repaired while the whole crew is inside of the tank. I hope major damage sticks with the tanks. It wouldn't make sense for TWI to make a game where infantry don't heal like CoD but tanks do...

Upvote 0