• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Media Explosion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halfshadows

Feb 23, 2011
It's already the end of august, and where is the media explosion that tw said was coming this month. They said there was gonna be more stuff about RO2 this month than everything before combined. I'm still waiting guys. If you didn't push the game back it would be out now and there was nothing but 1 add and a couple beta videos.

Reactions: Altus
Yeah - putting the release back isn't just holiday time :) They're obviously working their asses off until midnight and beyond - it's probably the case that all hands are on deck fixing, testing and polishing the beta.

I'd rather have the beta to play with, than yet another video to watch. I've already watch more than a couple of hours of gameplay, and there's little else I want to see unless I'm controlling the player myself :)

Upvote 0
It's already the end of august, and where is the media explosion that tw said was coming this month. They said there was gonna be more stuff about RO2 this month than everything before combined. I'm still waiting guys. If you didn't push the game back it would be out now and there was nothing but 1 add and a couple beta videos.
Have you by any chance been spending time under a rock lately?

There has been both the trailers, screenshots,

Last edited:
Reactions: LightsabeR
Upvote 0
New blood, all I can say. You see, I've avoided a lot of these entitlement issues and a lot of the general whine (i.e. I generally did not produce much of that), just because I know TWI from RO and I trusted them.
I knew not everything would be perfect (think about the last time something was absolutely perfect... exactly), but like I already wrote somewhere before - for a company of their size, they sure pulled their weight and HoS is going to pack quite a punch.
Also, a lot of the newbloods might not yet fully realise what they are in for. I am talking about post-release support - and TWI are an industry benchmark here, IMO. All these things lend me quite a deal of quiescence.

Obviously, where there are issues - and there appear to be some (for instance, battle chatter, while generally commendable, appears to be a point of contention) - they need to be discussed. It behooves us to discuss them in a genteel manner and eventually they may be solved (or may not be solved; or may be solved to - to some people - an unsatisfactory extent). But the point is - RO was never perfect and neither will HoS. But for me (and apparently for quite a number of people) it will be right there, at the forefront of FPS games. If the positive experience is overwhelmed by issues which are not addressed, the situation may still be remedied by modding.
If that proves to no avail, then woe betide us, for we will marvel at how the mighty have fallen.

That is all.

Reactions: XDC nOm
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.