• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ARKaMAN

Aug 29, 2011
Kinda dissapointed that you can only play the beta with a pre order. Since you want as many people to play the beta so they can come and post problems they found. Glitches, issues ect. I just pre ordered on steam the normal version to find I still can't try the beta. Posting this won't change anything but I just wanted to post my opinion. I am glad your making a game that is focused on PC but you should put more faith in us to help you help us. :mad:

The Beta is only available to people who pre-purchase the DDE (digital deluxe edition) of the game - not the standard copy.

The Beta was delayed for two weeks along with the final release of the game, but is due out on the 30th of August - give or take a day.

It's really well documented, not sure how you've managed to get yourself confused. Read product descriptions on Steam more clearly next time?

Reactions: Cpt-Praxius
Upvote 0
Is there any way on Steam of knowing which one you got - other than having a memory that functions better than a two year old? I'm almost sure I got the DDE, but now I'm nervous that I might not have as I ordered it really quickly while walking out the door to go to work one day. It doesn't say on Steam which you ordered... :D

Upvote 0
Is there any way on Steam of knowing which one you got - other than having a memory that functions better than a two year old? I'm almost sure I got the DDE, but now I'm nervous that I might not have as I ordered it really quickly while walking out the door to go to work one day. It doesn't say on Steam which you ordered... :D

DDE comes with some TF2 hats doesnt it? If you have that installed just check if you have them or not in TF2 then youll know, lol.

Upvote 0

Go to steam, on the top right corner click on your name and it will show you your licenses/subscriptions.

Upvote 0
Kinda dissapointed that you can only play the beta with a pre order. Since you want as many people to play the beta so they can come and post problems they found. Glitches, issues ect. I just pre ordered on steam the normal version to find I still can't try the beta. Posting this won't change anything but I just wanted to post my opinion. I am glad your making a game that is focused on PC but you should put more faith in us to help you help us. :mad:

Beta access is not a must. A developer may choose to release a beta or not release it at all, doing beta testing with their own people at closed doors.

TWI decided to give access to beta with the purchase of RO2 DDE, what's wrong with that? If someone wants to play and test the beta, just buy the DDE :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

i dont think they will change it either. People that payed an extra 10 dollars will be angry

Upvote 0

That's why the rest of us paid the extra money for the DDE.... Besides the unlocks and add-ons to other games like TF2 and KF, Beta Access was most people's reasons for paying the extra money.

It's not about trusting you or not, if you wanted the beta, you should have shelled out some more dosh.

Now you'll just have to wait until the 13th of September to play while the rest of us have oodles of fun playing the beta with each other, finding all the bugs you won't be able to find and laughing in glee and joy over all the fun we're having that you and others who bought the regular game won't have for two more weeks. :cool:

Upvote 0
^Agreed.

I wonder how long before the first "It's 00:30 EST so now it's the 30th where is my beta I have entitlement issues" threads start to show up?

I'm working today, so it might as well come out at 23:59. It'll still be today, after all. ;)

How do you think those of us in Australia feel?

It's currently Tuesday, 2:39pm, August 30th..... and noes Bar'ta!!!!

*Shakes Fist* Damn You TIME ZONE!!!!

Upvote 0
I think it is pretty safe to say at this point that the beta is more like a demo at this point. Yes, we will find bugs and yes things may potentially get horribly broken; but they delayed it because of the huge number of people that pre-ordered. They didn't feel it was ready to be released onto THAT many people in the state it was in.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.