• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level 7 and specializations

Level 7 and specializations

• Yes!

Votes: 19 28.8%
  • No! :(

Votes: 40 60.6%
  • Wtf?

Votes: 7 10.6%

• Total voters
Short answer from me.

More levels and specializations = more balance issues... and I'm pretty sure alot people are sick of me harping on about them :)

I hear that alot

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
right so putting achievements in the first place was punishing players according to you?
not at all, its optional. making a level 7 have an achievement requirement is not optional, therefore you are punishing players for not hunting achievements.

I think it actually shows your progress. High difficulty level = high skill, therefore if you have all the HoE achievements then it does really prove your skill.
But you are still forcing people to go hunt achievements when they are completely optional. It's fine for people who like gathering achievements and want to 'prove their skill' by gathering all HoE achievements, but at the end of the day, they are still only optional.

By the way, i love the way You made your reply bold xD
what does this have to do with anything? :\

I like HaTeMe's suggestion! It's on the same principle as my thoughts and feelings on the matter - it appeals to everybody. People of all kinds, those who care about perks and those who don't!

Upvote 0
Here is my 2 cents on the issue:

I believe a level 7 perk would be overpowered and take away some of the challenge in the game. Though I still would like to see a Level 7.

Basically it'd be just a goal in the game and a prestige. Perhaps an achievement "Dr Perky" Get a perk to level 7. This obviously would have a massive challenge such as 2-3x lvl 6 requirement and is in essence a reward for those who play the game often enough.

I don't think there should be any other benefit to the perk but perhaps an in game "platinum icon" for the perk in recognition of achievement. :)

Upvote 0
Actually this made me think: sometimes in any serv people seem to "trust" and stick with high level perks. Some of them are unfortunately still noobs even with lvl 6 perk and so maybe lvl 7 could be something like: For example 400 hours played + all perks on lvl 6 already + most (say 90%) of achievements unlocked and then maybe introducing a counter for the amount of times you killed pat on: suicidal and HoE difficulties. Ok i said my bit now let the flame war start LOL.

Janek566

i got 777 hrs, all lev 6, 100% and killed a fair few pats on sui and hoe but i still recon i'm pretty ****, at least as an individual player, anyway.

Upvote 0
Actually this made me think: sometimes in any serv people seem to "trust" and stick with high level perks. Some of them are unfortunately still noobs even with lvl 6 perk and so maybe lvl 7 could be something like: For example 400 hours played + all perks on lvl 6 already + most (say 90%) of achievements unlocked and then maybe introducing a counter for the amount of times you killed pat on: suicidal and HoE difficulties. Ok i said my bit now let the flame war start LOL.

Janek566

Sayin that you probably wouldnt even need the lvl 7 to give u any bonuses,
Ex: "oh good another lvl 6 guy" then hes off ramboin causing the zeds to be harder more to spawn and dies 15 seconds into the round "OH GREAT that guy was a ****ing moron" lol not that this happens alot but this does happen and it pisses me off. Now if you could get a lvl 7 perk by doin what janek said and i saw him join i would go "OH THANK GOD" this guy can actually play!

Upvote 0
I would say yes to more levels. but with no effects :)

Like at each 4th mill or so.

levels would be like.

level 0 = 0 damage
level 1 = 25k
level 2 = 100k
level 3 = 500k
level 4 = 1.5mill
level 5 = 3.5mill
level 6 = 5.5mill
level 7 = 8mill (no perk effect)
level 8 = 12mill (no perk effect)
level 9 = 16mill (no perk effect)
level 10 = 20mill (no perk effect)

This could might been used as a "score board" for the "elect a leader" thread

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=53850

Upvote 0
I like the idea of perk levels above 6, but I would want them to be purely aesthetic, kind of like prestige in Call of Duty.
I think if this was added there should be 10 perk levels, that way you can have 5 gold stars! Making sure to brag, and strut around in-game like a 5 star general! :D
(Possible un-lockable skin idea for getting a perk to level 10!)

But on a serious note I would love to see some achievements and or un-lockable skins to go with leveling your perks above level 6. To give players some kind of incentive to level up the perks above level 6.
But I would like to state that I do NOT think that these "prestige" levels should be a continuation of the current perk requirements! It should act as a "reset" as you will, as in level 7 will have the same requirements as level 2 did, and 8 will be the same as level 3, and 9 and level 4, ect.
But those are just my thoughts on level 7+, and I'm sure my views on the perk levels are different than most.

Again, I can't overstate this enough, I DON'T WANT MORE PERK BONUSES!
I think the game is hard enough to balance as is. There doesn't need to be any more griping about "OP" perks. We have enough of that already. :)

Reactions: Lacedaemonius
Upvote 0
If there were to be an extra perk level, I think that instead of buffing up current bonuses, there should perhaps be some perk-related ability or privelige that becomes unlocked. And example of this would be something like the firebug's flame grenades, but that's attainable at level 3... A bit too late for anything like that, I reckon.

Reactions: Blockbot
Upvote 0
I would enjoy having level 7 perks. I like to feel some sort of character progress during play.

That being said, however, I think the leveling up process should be a little more intuitive and lass grindy.

Instead of "kill a bajillion stalkers" for the commando, we could have something like "kill x number of small zeds for x number of matches" for each difficulty.

Some food for thought.

Upvote 0
If there were to be an extra perk level, I think that instead of buffing up current bonuses, there should perhaps be some perk-related ability or privelige that becomes unlocked. And example of this would be something like the firebug's flame grenades, but that's attainable at level 3... A bit too late for anything like that, I reckon.

hmm nice Idea. "unlockables" :)

That could be super cool. maybe give the SS at level 7 a real sniper rifle instead of the xbow. witouth chaning to much of the power?

Or maybe given the Firebug the "flare gun" which is Aze Idea at level 7? :)
(link to flare gun idea) http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=53894

and might give the support a new shotgun? so he could like carry 3 shottys? one on 8blocks one on 10 block and a light one on 5blocks? :) that could be awzm

then change the demo perk. giving his LAW Heatseeking missiles? xD that would be totally awzm! :D (at level 7)

Lol This "unlockable" idea of urs is kinda awzm :) instead of giving more perk enhancer

Edit:

haha or just maybe give the perks silly hats on levling to level 7 xD or give you the option to change the coulours of the perk weapons? :p THERES SO MANY IDEAS :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I like the idea that its only going to be a cosmetic thing without a perk bonus and in that regard what if you get a special skin and a cool looking icon that indicates that you are a level 7. The requirement to this would be to obtain all level 6 perks and well thats that ... seeing how some ppl don't hunt for achivements and some like to just fill in the amount of kills. Someone also mention the amount of hours played ... that could be a nice requirement except who decides what amount of hours play determine skill? ... I feel the requirement should implement some thing that improves CO-OP play.

anyway imagine if you had to pick one perk ... only one to up as a level 7?
make it into a difficult and annoying choice as the prestige thing that they did with COD ... getting Level 7 requires a player to lose something in return LOL

Upvote 0
I would say yes to more levels. but with no effects :)

Like at each 4th mill or so.

levels would be like.

level 0 = 0 damage
level 1 = 25k
level 2 = 100k
level 3 = 500k
level 4 = 1.5mill
level 5 = 3.5mill
level 6 = 5.5mill
level 7 = 8mill (no perk effect)
level 8 = 12mill (no perk effect)
level 9 = 16mill (no perk effect)
level 10 = 20mill (no perk effect)

My friends and I have the same idea. Not about the how much you need to do to lvl up but the idea of the no perk effect to not unballance the game.

I think this need more study and the lvl 10 should be a lvl where a few players will have..

Very very good idea and I vote Yes :)

Upvote 0
right so putting achievements in the first place was punishing players according to you? I think it actually shows your progress. High difficulty level = high skill, therefore if you have all the HoE achievements then it does really prove your skill.

Janek566

Achivs mean absolutly nothing.

Map achivs are given to spectators as well, so you do not even have to play, you just need to watch. A player could join on wave 11, die 2 seconds in, but if the other players kill the Patty, then they all get the achiv. getting achivs in solo is easy, you can get most of them on the beginer diff level.

Upvote 0
If level 7 were to do anything, it could just simply change your starting weapon.

Sharpshooters already begin with their highest tier weapon in the crossbow.

Maybe give a 7
Commando : Scar
Demo : MG32
Support : AA12
Firebug : Mac10/Flame/Armor
Medic : Horizine Rifle (Its white listed now anyway) +Armor
Sharpshooter : M99 (Also white listed)
Berserker : Katana/Armor

No real "Buffs" are needed at this point and wave 1 survival is seldom if ever an issue (so most people just go Sharp for the XBow to sell anyway and end up with 800-1k by the end of round 1 HoE enough to buy anything with the exception of the AA12)

Upvote 0
I say a level 7 that is VERY hard to reach, and can only be reached by simply playing the game correctly. (Like getting 500000 hp of heals as a medic, or getting 1500 fp kills as a demo)
Also, to prevent overpowerness, but also as a reward to the players who can get there, i say there should be a very slight increase in stats. (Two extra bullets in the scar for example, or 1% extra penetration for the support)

A hidden character would be cool too, but that might be asking for too much.

Upvote 0