• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dateyourgame.com Beta Gameplay Video

Can we change are FOV and if not what is it locked at? I dunno if this has been answered somewhere before :eek:
Yes we can, in one the zips screenshots there was a FOV slider, also alot of other thing you can change, like aim down sight free aim adjust, aim down sight sensitivity & normal sensitivity and maybe a few others!

Upvote 0
No, all those kills were got by shooting people who didn't know he was there in the back.

In cases where an SMG and rifle duel face to face (even over long distances), the SMG just sprays in the general direction (like you always do) and gets an outright kill or a wounding shot that leads to a kill (like your videos show so well).

Hey if you're such a great FPSer with mad quake railgun skills and CS AWPer (lol I doubt) show us an unedited vid of you rifling, preferably a bolt-action.

memes_are_you_angered_my_brother_HOLY_HOT_DICKS_FROM_HELL1-s500x657-138651.jpg

Reactions: Makino
Upvote 0
watch from 11:45 onward.

I didn't see anything too ridiculous - keep in mind he was bracing his weapon on something when he was getting those kills from seemingly quite a distance - I bet for every 1 time he pulls off kills like that he dies ten more times from being picked off by some guy with a rifle - at that distance it's unlikely an SMG is going to instantly kill someone, but a rifle is almost certain to take somebody out with one well-placed shot.

All I'm trying to say is don't think 20 minutes of edited footage is an accurate representation of the scope of a 64-player battle - don't worry, I'm sure you'll have plenty of opportunities to be killed by guys with rifles and snipers and machineguns and assult rifles and tanks and grenades and artillery and bayonets and lots of other things that shoot and explode. Can't be mad at all of them. Or can you?

If there's one thing Tripwire has proven themselves good at, it's making weapons that feel satisfying to fire - they sound good, they've got some weight to them.. the bolt-action rifles in Ostfront are a perfect example.. it didn't even matter if you couldn't get a class other than a rifleman because the bolt-action rifles were just so fun to use.

For me, anyway. I'll still play the rifleman class primarily, but it's nice to know that when I want to, I can fire an SMG for longer than 2 seconds without finding myself suddenly staring at the ceiling or sky - the recoil for SMG's in Ostfront was just unrealistic, and while some more tweaking may need to be done, they certainly look much more reasonable than they where before.

What will the class limits be like for 64 player servers anyway?

Reactions: Ubernoob
Upvote 0
No, all those kills were got by shooting people who didn't know he was there in the back.

In cases where an SMG and rifle duel face to face (even over long distances), the SMG just sprays in the general direction (like you always do) and gets an outright kill or a wounding shot that leads to a kill (like your videos show so well).

Hey if you're such a great FPSer with mad quake railgun skills and CS AWPer (lol I doubt) show us an unedited vid of you rifling, preferably a bolt-action.

Not every kill was against a defenseless / unaware target. Regardless in a faceoff the SMG should have the advantage, who are you to say that it shouldn't? The SMG can't hit targets with near pinpoint accuracy at 100+ meters, unlike the rifles. The SMG exists to excel in closer engagements, and to support mobility, flanking tactics, etc.

Honestly you come off a little disrespectful when you speak of my footage. First off, anytime I record I have to deal with a significant performance and FPS hit. When I've got normal FPS I'm much more efficient with any weapon I use, whether it be SMG, rifle, or MG. Second, the weapons don't aim themselves even when hipfired. The sway of the weapons in RO2 makes hipfire much more challenging than most modern day shooters, especially because you can't just rely on a mastered sense of a center target (weapon may be swayed to the right, or left, or have variances in height away from center).

I mentioned Quake 2/3 and Counter-Strike as ancient references, we're talking well over ten years ago now. I got bored of exploiting people at a distance and began focusing on extreme aggression because it was more satisfying to me, and not because it was easier. I mentioned in my video thread on these forums that just the other day I went 2nd place on my team and 1st place the following round while using a semi-auto rifle on Firefight of all modes (where people can spawn from any direction). I can handle my own with whatever weapon I choose.

Anyways, even as more tactical multiplayer games hit like Rainbow Six: Raven Shield I'd drive some folks (and even server admins, some to the point of bans) nuts with that style of play. It was far more satisfying to throw people off their game by getting in their face and forcing them to engage me instead of try to pick me off when I didn't see it coming. I'm an extremely competitive gamer, and I'm beyond confident when it comes to executing my tactics.

Notice I wrote, "even over long distances" -- Review ohmwrecker's mad SMG spraying skills over long distances on that map with lots of ruined houses and church.

I swear I've seen this guy before playing DOD:S... he was W+M1ing with a tommy and pretty bad with any sort of rifle. But who am I to say w+m1 isn't a skill. lol

Even More Exclusive Red Orchestra 2 Beta Footage - YouTube

watch from 11:45 onward.

No, you haven't seen me before in DOD:S because I thought that game was trash. Once open beta hits I'd love to see you hop on my team and try to keep up with my SMG play. If it's as easy as w+m1 then you'll have no problem. ;)

I didn't see anything too ridiculous - keep in mind he was bracing his weapon on something when he was getting those kills from seemingly quite a distance - I bet for every 1 time he pulls off kills like that he dies ten more times from being picked off by some guy with a rifle - at that distance it's unlikely an SMG is going to instantly kill someone, but a rifle is almost certain to take somebody out with one well-placed shot.

All I'm trying to say is don't think 20 minutes of edited footage is an accurate representation of the scope of a 64-player battle - don't worry, I'm sure you'll have plenty of opportunities to be killed by guys with rifles and snipers and machineguns and assult rifles and tanks and grenades and artillery and bayonets and lots of other things that shoot and explode. Can't be mad at all of them. Or can you?

I wish deaths were shown because then I could back up the next comment. I was no where near a 1:10 KDR in those videos, I'd put my average kills to deaths somewhere between 3:1 and 2:1. On larger maps like Fallen Fighters it's usually worse if I get myself anywhere out in the open. I've usually got to take advantage of smoke drops as a Commander or Squad Leader to push out on the enemy on maps with such open areas, or I've got to follow the edges of the map. If I can snag a tank commander spot on the bigger maps I usually go that route (especially now that I'm better educated on weak points).

I'd credit my survivability not on the SMG, but on my tactics. I'm constantly on the look out for flaws in enemy positioning. If they've got one or two points locked down to the point that I can't even pop my head out for a second then I'll do whatever I can to find an alternative route or some other way to flank the position. I also use smoke a lot, most rounds I grab either commander or squad leader because smoke can be absolutely vital to getting past and breaking up an enemy line.

I do not expect everyone who uses an SMG to be superman though. Folks are not giving my skill level in FPS games enough consideration / credit for the performance shown in my videos.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I do not expect everyone who uses an SMG to be superman though. Folks are not giving my skill level in FPS games enough consideration / credit for the performance shown in my videos.

Don't listen to the haters! They are just angry because they haven't seen someone with proper skill play a rifle. I mean that you are obviously very fond of the SMG which is not a bad thing as some people may think.

I like your videos and I haven't seen anything wrong with it. In fact i saw several scenes where you were clearly at a disadvantage against a rifleman. But then again you showed where the SMG shined, by advancing through the lines, breaking through and slaughtering the guys at the window :D

And now we are awaiting your next video :D

Upvote 0
My thoughts after watching the beta videos:

* Players are much too fast, especially when climbing stairs.
* I saw hardly any teamwork or direction, except for a few times when people were in the same room/building, but that didn't seem to work very well for them.
* The sound of the bullet smacking into flesh was really good but it seems to play at the same volume regardless of distance which is bit lame in my opinion.
* There is too much clutter on the screen, especially the icons for climbing over fences, not as bad as CoD but still not good by any stretch.
* The fights seemed very isolated and 1-on-1 in a number of places (could just be the player), I didn't see anyone following a squad-leader for more than a few seconds.
* The notifications about who is attacking what is ridiculously overpowering, I could live with it being a quarter of the size and tucked away in a corner somewhere to be honest.
* The voices were very corny.
* I don't like the idea of flashing up messages about stat tracking (Kill in objective +2 teamwork etc - and for that matter how does killing someone give you teamwork points just because they're in an objective?) :(
* I'm hoping "killed from location" is in relaxed realism?
* Healing takes less time than a reload? Again is this relaxed realism?

* I loved the animations.
* Environments looked great - especially the colours.
* Graphics were quite impressive in most places, though a few areas looked a bit barren.
* Sounds of weapons and ambient noises were really well done.
* The part where he cleared out the top level of that building was awesome :D

Edit:

* The fire animation is incredible!
* Tanks appear to always explode catastrophically, which in my understanding was not the norm.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
anyone notice how crazy fast he pulls out a grenade, arms it, and throws it?

...maybe im being paranoid again, but from the super fast sprint and super long stamina i've seen in the video's im a little worried about the extreme speed that seems to be injected into the game.

I'm not too worried, I can run about as fast as they can ingame in my skinny unfit state, if I was in shape I'm sure I could run with all that equipment. Weapon switching isn't too fast, I'd imagine you have a strap on the gun, just drop the rifle and pull your pistol. Reloading is fine.

My issue is bandaging is way to fast. Stand up in your room, imagine you just got shot, now reach for a bandage in an imaginary pouch, pull it out, unravel it, wrap it around your leg, tie it (or cut it) and pick your rifle back up.

if I was perfect I think 7 seconds would be within the bounds of reality, I know its a game but 2-3 second bandaging is beyond suspension of disbelief.

Reactions: Spindle
Upvote 0