• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

HUD customizability

Garabaldi

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 29, 2006
Toronto, Canada
So I know there are differences in the HUD elements displayed on-screen depending on whether or not you're playing Relaxed Realism, but will there be any way to completely disable the HUD for taking screenshots/videos? I assume this is a given since a feature like that must have been used for official media, yes?

Similarly, is there any flexibility given to the player so that they can pick and choose what HUD elements they want displayed? For example, could somebody conceivably play on a Relaxed Realism server with their minimap disabled? Could they play on a RR server with their entire HUD disabled?

I ask only because I'd really like to get rid of the icon that pops up in bottom-middle of the screen every time you can use the cover system or mantle something - it's just needless clutter and ruins immersion IMO. Can this be done via an in-game setting or through modifying some game files?

In most games a function key usually disables all HUD. If thats not the case theres probably a console command.

I figured since that kind of feature is usually standard given it's necessity for creating official media.

My main concern however still remains, and that is removing specific parts of the HUD, namely the 'take cover' and 'mantle' icons that appear whenever you're near a wall or other object that can be interacted with.

Can anybody remind me whether or not Ostfront featured any HUD customization? It's been a long time since I've played.

Upvote 0