• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Who Actually wants to play 'Relaxed Realism'

Who Actually wants to play 'Relaxed Realism'

• No, realism only for me

Votes: 283 68.9%
  • Yes, relaxed realism only for me

Votes: 84 20.4%
  • I'll at least try both modes and make a choice after giving both a fair shot

Votes: 29 7.1%
  • I'll play both modes

Votes: 14 3.4%
  • Undecided

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
I hate TO much realsim

Your write

But seriously, this is a pet peeve of mine. If you are going to capitalize too, spell it correctly; otherwise you look like you don't know the difference.

This always used to help me; definition of Too: In excess (I've had too much to eat). Think of the extra o as a second helping or "excessive"

Reactions: Derpus
Upvote 0
Hmm, my post in this thread still hasn't been OK'd by moderators - are they only on during US daytime? It was a perfectly acceptable post with no insults, text chat, or scam links :) heh

Also, is that happening because my post count is low, or is it just certain threads? A couple of my posts appeared immediately. Confuddled! :)

EDIT: And so did this one! *scratches head*

Anyway, I voted "yes" - purely because I think it would be nice to have both options available.

Upvote 0
Sweet Zombie jesus,

Edited Topic:

Hey all my lovely internet friends! Although I personally would prefer to play on 'Realism' mode rather then relaxed realism mode for various personal reasons, I am aware that many people may not!

So please discuss whether you would prefer to play in 'Realism' mode or 'Relaxed' mode, in order to give server admins an idea of what the player base might enjoy!

Ps. I apologize that the poll sounds a little biased! But i'm sure that won't influence your votes because i know your all capable of making your own decisions!

I never* played a game outside the higher difficulty level. Never. So, i will play RO2 as hardcore as i can :)

*= except the tutorials or the games that force you to finish them one time to unlock the higher difficulty level (i HATE this).

EDIT: but the poll is bad realized, damn, it isn't a "i will play....X" it's more a "i like/dislike radar, icons etc..."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Relaxed Realism is designed to help new players get "Into" the game with some simple visual aids.

A Tactical View button with shows them the where the objectives are allows them get quickly involved in the fighting and to orientate themselvs with the battlefields.

A Small mini map which shows them where their comrades are within a small immediate radius but not where enemies are or friendlies that are on the other side of the map.

Having played RR in the F&F beta from day one I found then invaluable tools and they worked just as TWI have intended them too.
I was able to quickly join in the fighting because I could find the objectives easily and it made me aware of who I had with me be it defending or attacking.

I think the mode will be very popular just because of these reasons and eventually will enable new players to feel confident enough to take on the realism mode..

More players=Bigger community=More choice=Longevity=RO3=:D

Upvote 0
Really, you should've included a third option.

I'd have voted for something that says "I'd play it for a while until I'm comfortable with the game's style."

Basically I'd use it just to learn the new mechanics; a way to train. And that's what most people will use it for, most will not just stick to that solely, although there's nothing wrong if some people choose to do so.

At the end of the day I think it's wise Tripwire chose to include it, since people who are new to the game can adapt easier, and if they don't enjoy Realism mode then they can always stick with relaxed.

Upvote 0
I have edited my first post to hopefully help people relax a bit about the bias in the poll, hopefully if you have an 'other' opinion you can post it as a discussion and abstain from voting! Smiley face.

Too bad you couldn't get more artificially friendly than either that post or the first one. When you want to be sarcastic, remember never to pull any punches. :IS2::IS2::IS2:

Upvote 0
It's funny, because we have a HOD - Hud On Demand. It will hide any information that is not relevant, and only pop up the actual hud info that changes (it will only show you the stamina bar when you run out of stamina, for instance). So most of the time your screen will be filled with just the game world and the minimap. The only time it will show all HUD information on screen is when you press and hold the Tactical key :)

Minimap... it sounds like even the supposed realism servers will have the minimap.

Jesus, was I tricked into buying this game?

Upvote 0
Really, you should've included a third option.

I'd have voted for something that says "I'd play it for a while until I'm comfortable with the game's style."

Basically I'd use it just to learn the new mechanics; a way to train. And that's what most people will use it for, most will not just stick to that solely, although there's nothing wrong if some people choose to do so.

At the end of the day I think it's wise Tripwire chose to include it, since people who are new to the game can adapt easier, and if they don't enjoy Realism mode then they can always stick with relaxed.
This is what I'd go with.

I don't have 22 hours/day to play games, and I'm not a twitch reflex gamer. I come out on the short end of the equation in those 50/50 situations more often than not.

I personally love the "hardcore" game modes, but in them I am 75% of the time among the first to die in any given round unless I am really in a serious groove. So, sitting watching most of my gaming time is OK, but not ideal.

I'd happily play the reduced realism mode until I feel a certain affinity with the game and controls, then try my hand at the hardcore modes.

Upvote 0
That isn't only in relaxed realism; you can play that mode in full realism as well.

Yeah, but I just think the gameplay looked like a good mix of realism, and quick pace fun. I usually prefer no HUD, but this seems like a good way to get to know the maps and tactics. And since you only have one life, people can't say that you won't be afraid to lose it.

I especially like the "killcam" which allows you to make out common sniping spots and tactical errors on your part.

Last edited:
Upvote 0