• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What if...

WinTurkey

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 15, 2011
What if there is no game called Red Orchestra 2? What if it turns out that the whole game is in the mind of the grandpa from the recent trailer, whose post-traumatic stress from fighting in real-life WWII caused him to repress his memories and convince himself that what he experienced was actually a video game he played? Kind of like the recent Sucker Punch, only instead of teenage girls and asylums it's geriatric war veterans and retirement homes. Instead of getting a beta on the 13th of September we get a new video of grandpa being sent to a retirement home where he still daydreams about playing Red Orchestra, with more and more hints being dropped meanwhile that he really WAS in WWII and is simply senile/crazy.

Then it turns out that Tripwire Interactive decided to make arthouse movies and RO2 is simply the greatest augmented reality marketing campaign in history, with their real project being a film about said grandpa.

I would so watch that film, especially if grandpa dances like in Sucker Punch.

Grandpa is a special soldier who fought in Stalingrad. He recieved special equipment and tranning and became a "Hero".
He later was stolen by a West German company after the war ended and was a lab-rat for their experiments.
Stalin found Grandpa but was unable to rescue him.
Corporations have more power than the goverment and they use that power to do evil things.
Grandpa never asked for this inprisonment and got out by his own means, punching trough walls and guards, later returning to Russia and settling down.
But he did not knew what made him be in that lab in West Germany because he had lost his memory...
This game, Red Orchestra 2 : Heroes of Stalingrad, is the beggining of Grandpa's amazing story.

Upvote 0
Grandpa is a special soldier who fought in Stalingrad. He recieved special equipment and tranning and became a "Hero".
He later was stolen by a West German company after the war ended and was a lab-rat for their experiments.
Stalin found Grandpa but was unable to rescue him.
Corporations have more power than the goverment and they use that power to do evil things.
Grandpa never asked for this inprisonment and got out by his own means, punching trough walls and guards, later returning to Russia and settling down.
But he did not knew what made him be in that lab in West Germany because he had lost his memory...
This game, Red Orchestra 2 : Heroes of Stalingrad, is the beggining of Grandpa's amazing story.

Story is already better than average hollywood:D (kuch... homefront... kuch)

Upvote 0
i smell an upcoming single player mod... where we follow the story of grandpa... as narrated by his annoying grandson

if i was that grandpa id slap him and tell him to shutup and stop asking questions, only i ask questions around here!(my randomly placed wood cabin in a forest, guessing its where old russian men reside to instead of florida)

Upvote 0