• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Thanks Alan!

Das Bose

Grizzled Veteran
May 8, 2009
Sunny Scarborough
Wilsonam posted in a now closed thread
I liked this post But I do understand that people feel "entitled" to some extent - they've paid over money (even if it doesn't get to us until after we release the finished product) and they want to get hands on. It may make life even more stressful for us - but that is a load better than no-one being interested!

I really appreciate the honesty ( and the entertainment in first half of TB's videos ) and it's incredibly refreshing to see the devs are far more open minded and realistic than some of the fanboys and definitely all of the haters :p

After watching the first TB video and the new trailer it is clear that this game could very well be a masterpiece and far more than I ever considered it could be. It really does look that good to me!

I am quite happy to wait as long as it takes, just keep up the candid communication we all know you for :cool:

I really appreciate the honesty ( and the entertainment in first half of TB's videos ) and it's incredibly refreshing to see the devs are far more open minded and realistic than some of the fanboys and definitely all of the haters :p
Wait a second here. So you are saying that everyone who thinks a mere 2 week delay and TWI not announcing the date for final beta is no reason to start pounding your chest and screaming "YOU OWE ME TWI!!!" are fanboys and haters?

And here I thought those people are just using common sense and the one's complaining are suffering from a severe case of self entitlement.

Or did I misunderstand the point of your post?

Upvote 0
Do you think he closed the thread for a reason? I don't think replying to posts in threads closed by 'the man' is a good idea. ;)

I think Alan will not close a thread which was created to thank him:D
IIRC the only spam threads which were never closed at all were the 'thank you twi' kind of threads.

'Stand still or I stick it where the sun don't bloody shines'.
Even my GF recognized his voice, just had to say this sentence to remind her it was KF
FYI she never played KF:D
Alan is that awesome

Upvote 0
this thread is going to be closed right away, hence the reason why the orginal post is got close, people flaming each other.

Anyways, Beta or no beta, like TW guys said, the PR people, especially MS and EA have used "Beta" as a method to get people to pre order or even buy titles that weren't expected to sell much (crackdown, moh, socom4). Since not many games are as highly connected and know a bit more information on how game development work. They have no clue what "beta" even means (i think its a term for black box testing, in that instead of planned white box testing (alpha) in which is plan exactly how you going to play, you just play the game, i might of got the names wrong). Anyways people think betas are basically demos/early access so they can brag to there friends which is tripwire's problem, the bragging to friends.

Now we have all done it, and when you pop in the RO2 beta and it pops up on your currently playing on steam (if it uses steam) you will get a whole heap of messages from your friends saying "how is it, is it good?" and all it takes is one troll to say the game is broken and crap which can easily equal 2,3 up to 10 maybe more sales lost.

Upvote 0
Wait a second here. So you are saying that everyone who thinks a mere 2 week delay and TWI not announcing the date for final beta is no reason to start pounding your chest and screaming "YOU OWE ME TWI!!!" are fanboys and haters?

And here I thought those people are just using common sense and the one's complaining are suffering from a severe case of self entitlement.

Or did I misunderstand the point of your post?

I'm thanking him because he made it clear that he understands those who are keen and even though it may cause some stress ( what in life doesn't? ) it's ok.

Those who demand, threaten and generally talk smack and those who condescend and attempt to ridicule and belittle people who ask genuine questions are the only issue on the forums.

Keen, excited and entirely hooked gamers are to be expected and encouraged.

I don't see how I can make it any clearer.

Upvote 0
this thread is going to be closed right away, hence the reason why the orginal post is got close, people flaming each other.

Anyways, Beta or no beta, like TW guys said, the PR people, especially MS and EA have used "Beta" as a method to get people to pre order or even buy titles that weren't expected to sell much (crackdown, moh, socom4). Since not many games are as highly connected and know a bit more information on how game development work. They have no clue what "beta" even means (i think its a term for black box testing, in that instead of planned white box testing (alpha) in which is plan exactly how you going to play, you just play the game, i might of got the names wrong). Anyways people think betas are basically demos/early access so they can brag to there friends which is tripwire's problem, the bragging to friends.

Now we have all done it, and when you pop in the RO2 beta and it pops up on your currently playing on steam (if it uses steam) you will get a whole heap of messages from your friends saying "how is it, is it good?" and all it takes is one troll to say the game is broken and crap which can easily equal 2,3 up to 10 maybe more sales lost.

Thread wouln't be closed at all, until these posts appear...
Selffulfilling prophecy dude

Upvote 0
But couldn't they at least say something?

Like "Sorry guys that we cant release it today, but we found out a major problem with X and we try to solve it by temporarily shutting down our private lifes and work on a solution - if not we may be shot after being called a traitorous coward" :D

Good that I still have a life and have enough things that occupy me so I dont have to think about RO2 the whole time. Some day I will finish this :IS2:.

Upvote 0
But couldn't they at least say something?

Like "Sorry guys that we cant release it today, but we found out a major problem with X and we try to solve it by temporarily shutting down our private lifes and work on a solution - if not we may be shot after being called a traitorous coward" :D

That's pretty much what Ramm-Jaeger said. They're busily resolving issues with the beta build (One he mentioned was a bug preventing people from moving after spawning) so they don't have to endure more than another week of infuriatingly repetitive "Where is beta? :confused:" topics clogging the forums.

Upvote 0