• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

My hopes for the honor system are high

mechanicalDR

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 16, 2011
Most of my fps time was spent playing a CoD:UO, CoD2, CoD4 tactical realism servers. They usually had rules such as no firing unless you see an actual uniform (seeing tracers means someone is shooting, not WHO is shooting) to avoid team killing. Similarly, we have no throwing blind grenades (throwing a grenade without actually seeing anyone there). Anyone who has played RO1 knows how many team kills blind nades cause. The only time blind grenades were allowed is when you were clearing a room, which limited nade spam a great deal. The only problem is Tk's still happen during room clearing on occasion because lets face it, pubs are not the most organized. With the new honor system I really hope it'll be a sort of psuedo prevention method for nade spam in pub servers. Really helps improve the quality of gameplay in my opinion.

Well Nade Spam to me is only a problem on certain maps like danzig for a example. It is still part of the game and has its right to be there. The most effective way to prevent nade spam is communication and a bit of common sense.

I think, there will be less nadespam. With the new cover system and such, I would save my grenade until I need to flush someone out, not to try and get a random kill.

This is all conditional on the players having the same amount of nades as in RO1,

But I wouldn;t be surprised if they gave us more grenades this time around.

Upvote 0
Well sometimes, and quite often it's purely the teamkilled guy's fault, some guys just can't seem to see when someone right in front of their face is throwing a nade or recognize an obvious nade throwing situation.

I've seen a few of them yesterday on ROOST.

Hahahahah. And how many times people run in front of other peoples live guns is also hilarious. Guilty of that a few times myself.

Well Nade Spam to me is only a problem on certain maps like danzig for a example. It is still part of the game and has its right to be there. The most effective way to prevent nade spam is communication and a bit of common sense.

Most people will be playing pub servers, where even in RO1 there is a significant lack of communication. The most communication I've seen in pub servers has been an old Half Life 1 mod that I can't remember the name of whatsoever. Some modern special ops vs terrorists game x.x. The fanbase of it was so hardcore you'd be extremely hard pressed to have more then one person on the server without a mic.

The OP sounds to me as if he has never heard of 'recon by fire'.
Recon by killing friendlies or am I misinterpreting this?

Upvote 0
But I wouldn;t be surprised if they gave us more grenades this time around.

... be surprised if they gave us more grenades this time...

... if they gave us more grenades ....

....gave us more grenades....

tumblr_lgyzqs56U21qh7j62o1_500.jpg

Upvote 0