• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How much of the game/which of them can I play in single player

Crossandthorns

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 17, 2011
Hi, i'm new to this series of games but I do like the look of it; and being that Battlefield 3 has confirmed there won't be bots in an "instant action/skirmish" sort of setting, I was wondering how much of this game could be played single player. More directly, will there be a offline mode against bots ala battlefield 1942?

There will be a full campaign for both sides and also skirmish mode ala Red Orchestra 1. That means all the shipped maps will have bots and you can play either side, but not necesarily all custom (community-made) maps will have bots.

The beta that will unlock for Deluxe Edition owners in the next few weeks will probably not be showing off Campaign and Skirmish, but they will be in the final release.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There will be a full campaign for both sides and also skirmish mode ala Red Orchestra 1. That means all the shipped maps will have bots and you can play either side, but not necesarily all custom (community-made) maps will have bots.

The beta that will unlock for Deluxe Edition owners in the next few weeks will probably not be showing off Campaign and Skirmish, but they will be in the final release.

I thought campaign wasn't on release?

Upvote 0
I vaguely remember reading that there might be a terrorist hunt style mode? Not sure.

You probably did. That's how they described the co-op feature but that was abandoned, at least for the first release. I'm betting it'll be done for a future patch. Actually, I should just say a patch, because at this point all patches are in the future. Now I'm rambling.

Upvote 0
You probably did. That's how they described the co-op feature but that was abandoned, at least for the first release. I'm betting it'll be done for a future patch. Actually, I should just say a patch, because at this point all patches are in the future. Now I'm rambling.

"And coming after release:

Co-op: Players can connect with their friends and battle AI in multiple game types including the Stalingrad Campaign, Skirmish Mode, and more."

http://www.heroesofstalingrad.com/about/

Upvote 0