• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

First network game

Blinde

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 2, 2011
New Zealand
Hi All,
I finally figured out how to connect to an external server (using Steam's server browser finally worked, which wasn't at all intuitive).

And it's *great*. Spent a lot of time dieing, but got a few kills. First map was Leningrad, which was a bit depressing, but I finally managed to get the engineer class to clear the first barricade. I died a lot to snipers without even knowing where they came from. I missed a lot with the rifle, I got a kill with an MP40 (and promptly died to his buddy). and got bayonetted in the back by a very smooth opponent who got two of us with bayonet in a row!

I'm discovering that when I rush to use iron sights, I'm accidentally moving the mouse-wheel and changing to hand grenades. So I move into a bunker, see an enemy capturing it, and go to lift my rifle and suddenly find I'm holding a grenade! I throw it anyway, and turn and run, jinking and weaving as the guy opens up with an MP40 scaring the crap out of me but failing to get a hit.

*boom*

Blinde gets a kill!

:)

Try to bind the right mouse button to toggle iron sights. Just about the first thing I did when I installed the game.

Agree with this strongly :)

I seriously recommend reconfiguring the controls in the Options, to best suit you during game-play. I have several keys changed to my own liking, and it makes playing ten-times easier :)

RO is hard enough without crapping up your key selection! :IS2:

Upvote 0
Is there anything default bound to right-click that you need to worry about? so far, the MG on the Tank turret, and the lever on the Russian grenades comes to mind.

Right-click by default is your Alternate fire, so yeah, Tank MG's, cooking grenades, and stabbing people with your bayonet.

I got around this by setting Alt fire to the middle mouse-button, so I simply push it down and have the right-click as my sights.

Upvote 0