• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why so cheap?

Cause expensive is so mainstream.

Tripwire are non conformists!

or that theres allot of games being released around this time that people are gonna be wanting to buy.

Most of em gonna be 60 USD and not allot of people are not familiar with red orchestra as a game.

But with the cheap price tag and the nice screenshot and it offering something different. then its defenitly something people that makes a difference

Upvote 0
Well there is a reason why its much cheaper:

1. No Box product, so the cost with each box and shipping it to location isn't required

2. The retailers markup isn't high because DD services have little risk and they are selling nothing really so while server operating costs are expensive they are making lots of profit and dont charge as much as retailers. I think 30% or less for DD platforms, I think retailers add around 80-90% on to the price.

Upvote 0
Well there is a reason why its much cheaper:

1. No Box product, so the cost with each box and shipping it to location isn't required

2. The retailers markup isn't high because DD services have little risk and they are selling nothing really so while server operating costs are expensive they are making lots of profit and dont charge as much as retailers. I think 30% or less for DD platforms, I think retailers add around 80-90% on to the price.

They are selling a boxed version too tho that cant be the reason

Upvote 0
They are selling a boxed version too tho that cant be the reason

But they are reasons the only reason a box product would be the same would be

1. No licencing fees because its PC and not PS3/360/Wii

2. Taking Less money from each sale.

I read a article with the 1C guy and DD and retail and they make much more money on DD so buy DD.

Upvote 0
But they are reasons the only reason a box product would be the same would be

1. No licencing fees because its PC and not PS3/360/Wii

2. Taking Less money from each sale.

I read a article with the 1C guy and DD and retail and they make much more money on DD so buy DD.

Ofc they are making more money from DD as retailers tend to be blackmailing ***** forcing Developers to sell at a really low price to them if they want to be listed on their shelves...also they tend to force a higher DD then retail price

Upvote 0
Because it's true, lets pick a random game let's say COD :D, 60 U$S for a retextured game is a scam.
And 90% of games today are retextured games from previous versions.

Actually... COD BLOPS is a fair bit steeper then $60 bucks... there are what..3 or 4 DLC's for it at $15 a pop!

$105 dollars for a console port that runs like frozen dog squeeze... and has players running around your spawn making zero sound...

...elite

:rolleyes:

Reactions: Apos
Upvote 0
Well if you are looking to get new PC games cheaper I would recommend direct2drive. I just pre-ordered RO2 for $29 and you don't have to pay any tax when you purchase from them. The only bad thing is you have to get a IGN founder membership but it only costs $30 a year, which is easily made up for with the savings when you buy a new game. Most of the $60 AAA games I get only cost me $45 on there.

Upvote 0
One of the Tripwire guys posted once how they have never bought a game that deserve $60. Most games made now adays are thrown together then torn down into the bare minimum with multiple DLC's lined up before release. Tripwire isnt like this. I can say RO1 was worth every penny ( I even bought it a few times for a few friends and I still think it was worth it). RO2 will rock.

Last edited:
Upvote 0