• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

BunkerCraft

HeadClot

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 2, 2010
Utah, United States
What is Bunker craft -

Bunker Craft is a Total Conversion of Red Orchestra 2 that focuses on Mine craft like environments, and Red Orchestra 2 Styled Combat. All Environments will be made by hand and NOT procedurally Generated as we will have more control over it that way.

Where and When Does Bunker Craft Take Place?

Bunker Craft does not take place here in our dimension of existence. BUT in a Block like dimension. There year is 2011 but there technology is much like ours today but More Block like. They are going through their Second world war due to Economic, Social Unrest, and Dwindling Resources.

What are the Sides that are fighting each other?

The Rhineland Republic (Germany)

The Soviet Federation (Russia)

There is fighting going on around the world but I am focusing on these two for now at least.

Game Play -

Game play in bunker craft revolves around a custom game mode called Escalation. In Escalation you are fighting a Tiered based battle. Starting out with just infantry and Escalating into a full combined arms game mode. In order to escalate your side you need to capture Strategic Points
across the map. The more points you hold the faster you get better weapons and vehicles.

When the enemy runs out of Reinforcements or looses all their points for a specified period of time you win the gamemode.

What needs to be done?

*Weapons will be needed to be redesigned and Textured
*Characters redesigned and Skinned accordingly.
*Buildings Redesigned and Textured.
*Some Coding ( DUN DUN DUN! )

Rhine land Radio Man

Back.png

Front.png

Last edited:
Currently working on some characters and Rigging them in 3DS

I should Be able to show the fruits of my labor soon but in the mean time here is the taco bell wiki :p

http://tacobell.wikia.com/wiki/Taco_Bell_Wiki

AND if you want to know what kind of levels If you have any requests for Minecraft like level in this mod throw it out there and Maybe I Will make it :)

Sample of the levels I am going to be making is below. :) ( Not Made by Me FYI )

Unreal Development Kit Minecraft Visualization v2 - YouTube

EDIT:

Just finished Rigging and Skinning a Character - You get to see his early run Cycle :)

Animation_001_Run_Radioman - YouTube

The Thing on his back is a Field Radio so That is why it is so stiff. need to fix the arms so they are not Flopping in the wind :p

Enjoy :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok, Just a quick Update on the Status of the First Character.

I was unable to get him into UDK on the First try with out some severe problems BUT I think I know what caused them. I have Created a whole new Character, Skinned and Animated him. I am getting ready for the Export in a few minutes to a hour just need to finalized the Key frames.

EDIT:

I will post a video up when the Character is in The UDK :)

EDIT:

Still Running into Problems...

I intend to get this resolved.

Last edited:
Reactions: u-s-e-r and Derpus
Upvote 0
You make me want to make something similar to this, except basic shapes of geometry.

Well don't let me hold you back.

I am just doing this because I can. :p

If you want to join up feel free :)

And In response to character modeling/Animation I am going to wait until Tripwire releases their rigs for the characters other people have had problems with CAT rigs as well on the UDK forums.

I am going to focus on Scripting the core game mode and Level design :)

Upvote 0
I was thinking of doing the classes like in RO2 when it comes out on the original territory mode. Just add a couple modes to mine, Im going to make full blown destruction and craters. Except only using the basic geometric shapes so it would be less laggy.

Let me ask were you planning on doing a mine craft like world (Completely Random?) Because just from research that I have done Unreal Script does not support 3D Arrays. Which is required for terrain generation. I mean it can be done but It will look like this.

UDK - Randomly Generated Block Maps - Minecraft Style - YouTube

Which is why I am making levels out of BSP and Static objects :)
If UDK supported Random Terrain Generation Like mine craft I would be all over it. But you will need access to the source code if the cost was not so darn high...

Sorry to sound like a Debbie downer but this is stuff that I found out the hard way :\

Oh I forgot to mention - IF you want to do Destructible environments with UDK but with Blocks use the Fracture tool.

There are a great deal of Tutorials on this tool :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
this.... is amazing =)

would be awesome to see a mod like this (a finished one :p )

I intend to finish this no matter what :)

I will use my new favourite word to describe this concept: fustercluck.

What does fustercluck mean?

Any way I have been Slaving away on the First Level :)

It should come out rather nicely for combined arms games by the time I am through.

:)

I have gotten the code to work on my end :D
This means that a primitive mode of what I wanted can be worked out. :)

I am also Working on a Underground area for the first map as well as a above ground area. This means you will have to work together as a team to make sure that you do not get over run on either front.

I am calling this Combined Arms +

The mod Runs great on my system and here are the specs

Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 Ghz
2x WD Hard Drives 750 GB
ATI 5750 1 GB
4 GB Ram

Just to Recap -

Above ground and Underground Areas for fighting in. (Combined Arms +)
Heavy Team work focus
The First Map is a Combined Arms map.

I will get some Screen shots up soon :)

Watch this Space :)

Upvote 0
Why would you do this? :confused:

Because I feel there is a lack of just stupid fun modifications for Red Orchestra.

Think of it like this -

The Art/Animation Style of Nintendo's Battalion Wars for the GameCube.
But with the Environments of Mine craft (Hand Crafted for Ultimate Meat Grindering) with both Above and UnderGround Areas to keep in the tradition of mine craft.

And Some Basic Building Elements* (MG Nests, Tank Traps, Cameras,etc)

*I will need to overhaul some code for the Building elements which it might not be ready by initial release.

-----

I am also planning a Alpha Version of this Mod. If you want to contribute let me know via PM :)

Last edited:
Reactions: UncleDrax
Upvote 0
Would we be able to create buildings, etc. in-game, or will there be a map editor?

I am going for an in-game Building Placement System as the code already exists.

I am also going to get a composer on board for some custom music. :)

EDIT: As for the Characters I got one to actually animate properly

WOO!

Now Just need to get the Rest of the Characters that I made over into the UDK

Last edited:
Upvote 0