• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Im new, Any Tips?

Here some simply tips for Surviving / or not (damn you spawn artillery) :D

First a simple fact this is no CoD, this means one shot one kill in 95 %.

So here are some basic tips i found in my mind:

Keep your head down
Don't run through open terrain, unless your Squadleader covers the terrain with smoke.
Use the terrain for cover
Try do memorize how many bullets you have already shot in order to prevent you from staying in front of an enemy without ammo in your gun.
Don't sprint all the time, when you're exhausted you won't hit a long range shot.
RO is a Team based game, help your comrades and they'll help you, fight together and win together.

Upvote 0
Just be cautious.. be aware of your surroundings.. and do your job with whatever class you choose. If you are a machine gunner, keep the enemy suppressed.. If you are a squad leader, throw smoke tactically.. As a rifleman, run towards the enemy and hope that the other classes are doing their job.

Upvote 0
I would always recommend starting as a rifleman if you are going to go straight into multiplayer. It means you have time to learn the maps, watch tactics of others and get a feel for the game.
If you jump in as , say squad leader, or machine gunner with no experience, you may find your team mates a little frustrated.

Personally I am going to start with single player to start with and then go to multiplayer after I feel comfortable with the new mechanics.

Do not worry about dying - it will happen (as others have said)

Also map your keys and know what they do so you don't have to ask in-game. Good and pertinent questions in-game will show you want to learn and will normally be answered unless others are to busy dying/shooting.

Finally, have fun with the knowledge that after you put the effort in you will get the rewards !

Upvote 0
When you are onto the Battlefield and you are in Bad Company right away, you might notice your squad leader issuing the Call of Duy and orders you to charge a position. While doing so, keep your head down, because the Medal of Honor is mostly only issued to people that are alive. If you can obey these simple rules, I am sure that you can cope in this not so Modern Warfare. :D

Seriously though, cover is important and if cover is not present, concealment is. You will probably get shot more often, if your silouette is vissible easily, so try to blend in or stay prone. Also remember what weapon you have. Rifles want to attack in groups or from long range, while smg troops try to get in close. Grenades are lethal in this game, so watch out and leg it, if you can or stay in cover and pray to survive, if you are being suppressed.
Walk in groups, spread out to not die by grenades and support each other by firing at distant targets together or covering all areas when moving. Should be fine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
haven't played a RO myself, but i'd suggest you hang around players with a good K/D(if such is displayed)(notice: ONLY if they're frontliners, stalkers will dislike inexperienced players drawing attention to their positions)
mimick them, prepare to die a lot, master the game piece by piece, don't try sniper/MG/tank-roles until you've got a lot of experience as a normal infantry; those roles will need a good know-how of the map, and (if possible) try to learn how to control a tank in singleplayer or co-op. people can be so noob-unfriendly...

Upvote 0
Don't get downhearted if you only get 2 or 3 (or even 1) kill per game at the start - the gameplay is completely different from everything else so it will take a while. But it is so much more satisfying getting a single good kill on this game than getting 10 kills on CoD...

I know right.

Bolting people feels so nice, whatever the range and whateber the difficulty of the shot. It's so satisfying.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I would normally say, follow the more experienced players to learn the maps. Problem is, with all the new maps, everyone will be lost at first.

So use your map, use the tactical display, and coming from BF, you might want to start with Relaxed Realism until you get the hang of the gameplay, as it is suppose to help increase your situational awareness.

Upvote 0
Run for your life!

Just kidding well run when mortars come :p use cover stick with your team no lone wolfing unless its in your class like Sniper, if you decide to use a tank its essential you talk with other players if they get in your tank and dont expose yourself for long periods of time because the enemy sniper is always looking for a headshot and good luck ;)

Upvote 0