• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rifles with scopes concern

In RO1 there were simply to many non-bolt Riflemen running around.

In general a Squad or Platoon ( Germ, Ruskie ) would have about 75% of their Small Arms as Bolt-Rifles ( unless SMG or Assault Squads...which are only about 10% in a Division ).
A Typical Rifle Squad ( 90% of the Division ) would compose of 5-6 Rifles, 1-2 SMGs ( 1 or 2-SMG & 1-Semi Bolt if Ruskie...The Germs get 1-Semi Bolt per Platoon ), and 1-LMG

Another reason to join a "Hardcore Realism" clan or server....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As far as I have read (in russian sources) there were entire companies equipped with Papashas, especially in mechanized divisions (the famous tank riders). I you look at pictures of the Bagration time, end of war, there are a lot of Papashas in them...
Semiautos were exceptional in Soviet Army due to high cost, high requirements for its maintenance and the discipline needed to not spend too much ammo, so only elite units as Marine Infantry or Black Sea Fleet deployed it massively...

Reactions: Clowndoe
Upvote 0
In RO1 there were simply to many non-bolt Riflemen running around.

In general a Squad or Platoon ( Germ, Ruskie ) would have about 75% of their Small Arms as Bolt-Rifles ( unless SMG or Assault Squads...which are only about 10% in a Division ).
A Typical Rifle Squad ( 90% of the Division ) would compose of 5-6 Rifles, 1-2 SMGs ( 1 or 2-SMG & 1-Semi Bolt if Ruskie...The Germs get 1-Semi Bolt per Platoon ), and 1-LMG

Another reason to join a "Hardcore Realism" clan or server....

What's a Semi Bolt? Is that like, partially Bolt-Action? Just say Semi-Auto.

Upvote 0
As far as I have read (in russian sources) there were entire companies equipped with Papashas, especially in mechanized divisions (the famous tank riders). I you look at pictures of the Bagration time, end of war, there are a lot of Papashas in them...
Semiautos were exceptional in Soviet Army due to high cost, high requirements for its maintenance and the discipline needed to not spend too much ammo, so only elite units as Marine Infantry or Black Sea Fleet deployed it massively...

Yes, Ruskies during the German 42' Spring Offense started to field an SMG Company per Inf Regiment in their Motorized Divisons.

The Germans counter to this in 42' was upgrading an Inf Battalion to a Jager Battalion in their Inf Divisions, but that just added an extra SMG to each Squad ( 2x SMG per Squad instead of 1 )...It wasn't until 44' that the Jager Battalion had mostly SMG's in their squads.
However, SS Police did have SMG Squads, but there were generally used for rear-guard police actions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0