• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Let's talk about suicidal and hell on earth difficulty servers

Quadruplesword

Grizzled Veteran
May 17, 2009
United States
Those admins run such a tight ship it almost completely breaks the fun factor. They push people around, threatening perma-bans if you don't play a specific perk, or don't do exactly as they tell you to. For instance, I was just on a server where the admin forced everybody to switch to Support. Guess what? My Support is only level 3, so I get kicked out and permanently banned. And up until that point, I was doing (at least what I thought to be) an excellent job as a Medic keeping people healed and a couple times, I even saved teammates from certain death (I even saved the admin himself from a scrake who pinned him in a corner). Yet, just because I didn't do what the admin wanted, I get the middle finger.

I'd like to play on those servers because they seem to have more experienced people playing them, thus less frustration from teammates doing stupid stuff, but these freaking admins ruin the game for me. Sharpshooter and Medic are two classes that I excel at, but then the admin steps in and says "No, you have to play this perk" and then I say "But I'm only level 3 on that perk" and they say "Okay then. Goodbye, and don't come back!"

How have your dealings with these servers been? Are they any similar to mine? Or did I just have a run of bad luck and happen to run into some internet asshats?

Last edited:
I don't want people to get the wrong idea from me. I perfectly understand wanting to win. But I don't understand forcing people into classes they may not be very experienced with, aren't sufficiently leveled, don't enjoy, or simply aren't good at just because you said so. If you want to win, let me play as a medic. Don't boot me just because I'm not a level 6 support :mad:

I apologize for sounding like a whiner, but this honestly has been my experience with these kinds of servers over the past week.

Upvote 0
Douchebags exist on the internet. That's just part of life.

I've been kicked for playing sharpshooter, demolitions (twice) and this afternoon kicked for playing commando. All lv 6. I lagged once for a brief second and someone missed a heal dart on me once and votekicked me. I was playing on hard a few nights ago with a friend fairly new to the game and called every name in the book by a lv 3 berserker who ran off and blamed me for dying.

My point is people are always going to be rude. If someone is going to kick you for not playing support or not wanting to kite around the map than it's probably for the best that you're not playing in that particular game. If someone is going to be a control freak like that I have no problem walking right out of a game.

Upvote 0
While i do believe that a server owner (Most cases the administrator?) should be able to kick anyone they want since it's there server and there paying for it, i don't see why they have to be douches over it. I've been kicked multiple times without even having the chance to spawn with no explanation given. It's truly annoying but it's the internet there not much you can do about it.

Wish more people just played for fun, rather then just winning.

Last edited:
Reactions: Major Liability
Upvote 0
I am sorry that you had to experience a part of the community of admins who are disrespectful towards players. After all, our servers are up because we want people to play in them. The best thing to do would be to add those servers to your "no play" list and move on. You will eventually find a server that pleases you. SKFS will be setting up a HoE Killing Floor server, and we would be more than honored to have you play in it, as you please, no strings attached. For now, your also welcomed in our Hard server.

To make a long story short, its not worth wasting your time over people who obviously want to boss you around and tell you how to play. Hope this does not happen to you again. It makes all us admins look bad.

Upvote 0
I think you've just been unlucky, in the years that I've played KF I've not come across admins like that.

It's going to be a certain type of server as well, an individual that runs a server has no one but themselves to answer to, so it's asshats away. Clan servers on the other hand (for the most part) want people to play in their servers, it looks good to have popular servers, so they will only ever be fair.

I admin my own server these days. (have done for about a year) and have only once had to kick a player and then ban them.

He started being abusive to other players, he was warned about it, he then turned it towards me, I warned him again and that it would be his last warning. He continued, he was kicked. He logged back in to continue his crap, I warned once more, no change, down came the ban hammer.

Upvote 0
I think you just happened upon some asshats. They're present in every game, across all genres. In my experience they are generally poor players trying to compensate for something. In fact, I've been banned from the only Natural Selection server that is usually populated for years primarily because I went 94-5 against an admin. One un-PC joke was his excuse - never mind that I've heard FAR worse things said while admins were present.

The KF community has always been kind to me, aside from one or two players who believed themselves to be the commander for whatever reason. But then, when you're doing significantly better than people who play to win they generally keep you on even if they don't like you. Personally I only play adversarial multiplayer shooters to win, coop and single player games like KF are all about enjoying the experience; skill and victory are merely byproducts of familiarity.

Upvote 0
Just find a good server run by intelligent people. I would suggest either the NBS servers (questionable) and the Badstreak servers (great servers with great admins).
**note** These servers are located on the West Coast of US

Like others said, just find a different one.

^^^^^This but where would someone find such a server, albeit public or PRIVATE? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Just find a good server run by intelligent people. I would suggest either the NBS servers (questionable) and the Badstreak servers (great servers with great admins).
**note** These servers are located on the West Coast of US

Like others said, just find a different one.

The 9000 servers are good in my experience.

Avoid TTS like the plague.

Upvote 0
Douchebags exist on the internet. That's just part of life.

I've been kicked for playing sharpshooter, demolitions (twice) and this afternoon kicked for playing commando. All lv 6. I lagged once for a brief second and someone missed a heal dart on me once and votekicked me. I was playing on hard a few nights ago with a friend fairly new to the game and called every name in the book by a lv 3 berserker who ran off and blamed me for dying.

My point is people are always going to be rude. If someone is going to kick you for not playing support or not wanting to kite around the map than it's probably for the best that you're not playing in that particular game. If someone is going to be a control freak like that I have no problem walking right out of a game.

Is this Steeps as in, the Med-Demo (or Demo-med) on Biohazard? If it is.... You are too good... too good... I can't multitask like that even if my life depends on it xD

Upvote 0