• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beach Landings

I've not seen or heard anything mentioned about beach landings throughout RO2s development. I think a beach landing would be something they'd show off a little bit - because we all love them.

However, I've heard that a Darkest Hour mod for RO2 has been promised, I imagine it'll be a little while, but it'll arrive, RO2 is being shipped with a full SDK for people to make maps, skins, mods etc.

Hope that helps!

Reactions: Centory
Upvote 0
I think a beach landing would be something they'd show off a little bit - because we all love them.

No we don't. Beach landings are the worst kind of maps, just a turkeyshoot for the defenders and a headache for the attackers. Can't say I've had fun on any beach map so far. It's just a painful wait untill you get to play a good map again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wasn't there some beach landing in Crimea near Sevastopol? I know it's not exactly a Stalingrad mission but it was also 1942 and part of the south army operation which was involved in Stalingrad offensive.

Could be some seperate scenario of beach landing in Sevastopol perhaps later on as a custom map.

Upvote 0
Wasn't there some beach landing in Crimea near Sevastopol? I know it's not exactly a Stalingrad mission but it was also 1942 and part of the south army operation which was involved in Stalingrad offensive.

Could be some seperate scenario of beach landing in Sevastopol perhaps later on as a custom map.
Yeah, there were some beach landings in Crimea involving the Russian Marines between 41 and 44. We'd need new skins for the Russians though.

Upvote 0
I think Falkens idea isn't half bad. Also, one of the screenshots on an article RPS posted shows a bunch of US soldiers attacking a beach, getting out over the sides of an Amtrak. So you'll have it in Rising Storm.

That screen-shot doesn't mean it wasn't a staged PR shot, or that the Marines didn't simply spawn in the landing-craft. The Rising Storm team hasn't out-and-out said whether or not there will be beach landings in the mod, but most of the time the Japanese let the American land and then start shooting them once they started to move off the beach.

I agree with the posts here about beach landing maps being terrible for multiplayer. With only 64 players and numerically balanced teams, beach landings ALWAYS suck for the attackers. Unless you can actually have team sizes be preportional to the size of the actual landing force, the attackers will rarely make it off the beach let alone onto it. Most of the time on Dog Green (for example) the attackers are simply gunned down while they are still in the landing crafts, before they've even reached the shore.

Upvote 0