• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] From Dust

I played the demo on xbox-live last week.

Well, what you actually do is pick up dirt from one place and drop it at another. Controls are not that great and precise and the dirt you place almost instantly gets swept away or diffuses. Talk aobut sisyphousian.

In the end, you make paths from one place to another, and hope they stay until the AI can cross it. Otherwise your tribesmen and women will drown in knee-deep waters.

Camera was also not that great, it was either too close or to far to really have a good few of what

Upvote 0
first things first...FU UBI...you have to register and get an ubi account to loggin and the game syncs your savegames to wherever in the UBI lair...not cool.

BUT

the game itself is gorgious...i really liked to light one up and play "bob the builder" on a broader scale. The graphical presentation is really cool and building a damm just to tear it down to see my villagers sweped away is really fun xD guess iam a unforgiving, cold, mean god ( but hey...what god isent...)

Allready finished like 5 maps wich makes we affrait of fun short lived tho. Havent tried the challanges yet.

I agree with most reviews giving it a lower score due to the finiky controlls ( and i cant think of what a chore it might be playing it with a controller...duh )

All in all iam very please with what i got here for my money. ofc no game of the year to any extend but intresting enuff to warant a second look.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've read really good things about this, such as the [9] it received from Edge. Then there is Eric Chahi who made two of my favourite Amiga games in Future Wars and Another World. It also looks like an update on Populous II, which I loved.

So I'm conflicted, some people say it's terrible and add to this the Ubisoft DRM and reports about it being a crappy port and I'm not sure if it's worth picking up :(

Upvote 0
Level Movements (Large crater)
Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Level Movements (Large crater)
Spoiler!

First time I see a
Spoiler!

Upvote 0