• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Automated Voice Messages:

Cpt-Praxius

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 12, 2005
Canadian in Australia
I did a quick search and didn't see much towards this, but I was wondering if RO2 has or will have some voice messages automated like when you're running low on ammo or completely out of ammo.

I know in RO:CA and RO:Ost you had a voice command you could hit to request ammo from other team mates, but during heavy combat it's sometimes difficult to send out that message, especially if you're trying to run for cover because you have nothing to fight back with.

Typically when someone in battle is running low on ammo or ran out, you'd hear them shout out that they are and someone would come over and drop/hand them a mag or some bullets/grenade, etc. Would it make sense that when you're getting low, your character would just shout out "I'm running low on ammo" and/or "I'm out of ammo!"..... with possibly an icon over head (or not) showing your team who's the one needing ammo?

I know in Killing Floor, when you reload, your character tells other players that you are.... could something similar be done with needing ammo?

I don't think automatic call outs would be needed for everything, but for needing ammo, it could certainly help out the continued flow of gameplay without having to stop and hit a few buttons to call out..... and it would certainly benefit machine gunners the most.

Thoughts?

I do see a possible problem of it giving away your position sometimes, so maybe it might not be very practical in that respect, but I think overall, it'd be a good benefit.

I also know that in the previous RO's, resupplying MG's would give you an extra point, perhaps the same thing could be done for resupplying other team mates, but only when they are actually low or completely out of ammo, so that someone can't just unload a clip and then get a point for one clip resupply..... say only when you're down to one or half a clip of ammo.

It'd not only give people incentive to resupply their team but also keep their team in the game without having to run around clubbing people with their rifles, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nylle
I imagine it'll have a voice command menu - as far as I know, TWI have aimed to fix whats broke, not what ain't broke. And the voice command menu certainly wasn't broke. So it should remain. But saying that I don't know, because you can command squads and such now, so it may be a case of squad leaders etc having a set voice command menu.

Would be nice to see a Jonny-on-the-spot kinda class though, specifically for rearming troops, carrying probably a light machine gun - but I can see the large list of problems with that haha.

Upvote 0
Only if it's completely optional. I've killed many players who gave away their locations by using voice commands. It's actually safer to type out your request than have it broadcast to the enemy like voice commands in RO1.

As have I..... optional would probably make more sense, but I also still found it was like pulling teeth trying to get a team mate to help you with ammo, even as an MG, even when asking repeatedly, I'd have team mates just run on past or just look at me dumbfounded and then stroll off.

I'm just wondering if there is some way to give players a better motivation to help out someone needing ammo.

Perhaps I should have re-worded my thread title to focus more on ammo, rather than just automated voice messages, as that's my primary concern.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Algerian
Upvote 0
Good suggestion.
Voice commands is a important part of the game, but that does not mean we should automate them.
You should play the game, the game should not be playing for you.
Things should not just happen automatically, It's like the bolt action rifles. I consider important part in RO is that you have to do things yourself.
Cheers mate. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As have I..... optional would probably make more sense, but I also still found it was like pulling teeth trying to get a team mate to help you with ammo, even as an MG, even when asking repeatedly, I'd have team mates just run on past or just look at me dumbfounded and then stroll off.

I'm just wondering if there is some way to give players a better motivation to help out someone needing ammo.

Perhaps I should have re-worded my thread title to focus more on ammo, rather than just automated voice messages, as that's my primary concern.

Giving ammo to the MG guy is like automatic reflex when I see one, I never understood why other just ran past him, or maybe the message "ammo required" displays only on my screen.

Upvote 0