• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

how is the handling/sensetivity?

metalhead1621

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 2, 2011
ive been following this game for a long while and i really want it but i have had to many bad experinces with unreal 3 for pc games. theres just to much acceleration and even with it off all games built on it feel wierd for me.

this problem ive had with all games built on ue3 (homefront, bioshock, batman, dnf, bulletstorm, borderlands) but i never played the first red orchestra and i really want the second one so can some1 explain to me how well this game handles. is it simillar to counter strike? call of duty? battlefield?

i guess ill probally have to playy it myself but if its simallair to any of the above som1 plz reassure me

thank you

I can tell you right now that it wont handle like CS or Battlefield, simply because there is free aim (you can move your arms around independant of being glued to the center of the screen). This alone complicates comparing how the game handles.

But TW has stated that they have put a lot of effort into making RO2 feel less "clunky" than the original. From the gameplay I've seen the movement/aiming looks very smooth.

Upvote 0
ive been following this game for a long while and i really want it but i have had to many bad experinces with unreal 3 for pc games. theres just to much acceleration and even with it off all games built on it feel wierd for me.
Are you asking purely about the feel of the mouse or about something else?

Mouse acceleration can be enabled or disabled, as can mouse smoothing. Unreal Engine 3 has all these options by default, it's just poor console ports with lazy developers that turn everything on and then lock and hide the settings from you (in most UE3 games you can fix it though with ini tweaking, that's what I do). HoS has the options in plain sight.

Be aware that there is free aim though - your weapon is not locked to the centre of the screen and this may be offputting to you.

Upvote 0
It's strange, but i find some games hard too play without a little bit of mouse acceleration. For example in TF2, i can't turn fast enough-even with sesitivity on full-without turning on acceleration. I also find that mouse smoothing lets me play better.
This could be because i have a ****ty $15 mouse or maybe because i've only recently graduated from console to PC. Or maybe the fact that i don't have a mousepad.

/pointless mouse speech

Upvote 0
Mouse smoothing in particular seems to be working pretty well: it accommodates for small bumps and inaccuracies on your mousing surface. As for mouse acceleration, I turn it off in-game because I have it at a very low setting by default. It's actually pretty nice once you find your sweet spot: it feels like playing on a slightly curved surface, and makes wide mouse strokes more convincing without sacrificing the ability to aim accurately.

As for RO2 having proper mouse sensitivity, I have no doubts it's being taken care of. RO really does benefit a lot from a low mouse sensitivity, much more so than any other games I have played.

Upvote 0