• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Didn't see this coming

3 weeks guys, 3 weeks? Let's be realistic... if you pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe, it's probably going to be 1-2! :p

Also, Battlefield 3 has sparked my interesting and I'll probably pick it up sometime post launch, but RO:HOS still looks amazing and I'm a bigger WW2 fan than "Modern Warfare."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
BF2 was a great game, the mod support made it even better and gave it longevity. BF3 is increasingly looking like a locked-down console-port. They can claim that PC is lead platform, but when they also state they can't release mod tools because 'no one makes mods anymore' and 'the engine is too complicated for plebs', you know they can't be trusted.

TWI are saying everything we want to hear as PC gamers, but the difference is: they're delivering.

Reactions: johncage
Upvote 0
I'm looking forward both to BF3 and RO2. I look more forward for RO2 but I'm still going to get BF3 and I'm sure it will be enjoyable (especially if they release mod tools and we get Project Reality for BF3, that would be the ****).
sry no mod tools for BF3 It has been confirmed.If there are mod tools PC gamers wouldn't buy their DLC.Community mods are usually better then any DLC. $15 for 4 maps or free community made maps.... I know what i would get

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Exactly why does it have to be one of the other... the games are released nearly 2 months apart and yes they are completely different but surely thats a good thing.

why not both?

i play one game until i'm bored, then i think about buying another game. ro2 and mod tools support looks like it will last indefinitely. so i basically will not be needing another game for at least 2 years.

i have not bought an ea or activision game since allied assault and modern warfare 1, and the trend of me not buying mainstream consolized crud for "casual" gamers will continue, until they can be bothered to make a game that isn't a rehash of something from 3 years ago.

thank you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I definitely saw this coming. I'd been looking forward to RO2 since it was announced, and haven't paid any attention to BF3 since I learned it was multiplatform shortly after I learned it existed.

I haven't even watched any trailers for it. I guess I should, but I don't hold out much hope it'll be good, and it's better for my wallet if I keep it that way.

Upvote 0
After a while people get wise to how some publishers/game houses behave.

I was interested in BF3 for a while but as more details started to emerge about lack of mod tools, that game dropped out of my radar.
Same with Deux Ex, where depending on where you buy the game, you get different editions.
No dedicated servers? Not interested either.
All the above shows a lack of consideration for the player base.

Wiith these kind of games, I will wait for a decent sale to even consider picking them up. Frankly I do not have enough time to play a lot of games so I can be choosy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Choice
Upvote 0
why not both?

i play one game until i'm bored, then i think about buying another game. ro2 and mod tools support looks like it will last indefinitely. so i basically will not be needing another game for at least 2 years.

i have not bought an ea or activision game since allied assault and modern warfare 1, and the trend of me not buying mainstream consolized crud for "casual" gamers will continue, until they can be bothered to make a game that isn't a rehash of something from 3 years ago.

thank you.

You sir are a very interesting character and one who is very small minded, to have not played a single ea or activision game since AA or MW1 only tells me that your comments on the games by these developers is a very uneducated one and not something I would ever pay any attention to.

Reactions: Combaticus
Upvote 0
As someone who loves the original RO and have been disappointed with Battlefields... I already got my RO... So no surprise to me.

I will still buy Battlefield3... if I get it for a damn good price.
I got Bad Company 2 not far after release for 20$ thanks to a friend who sent me a coupon number for ea site... + it was -10$

Other than that, Battlefield can wait !

Upvote 0