• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

show me a decent mp video (recent or new)

I've pre-ordered and I'm happy to wait but I can't argue with you. The lack of any HD footage this close to release must be giving a few people the jitters.

I'm sure some footage will be released though, we can only hope it's sooner rather than later :IS2:

The hd footage is coming, but even without it we know more about this game than you'd know about pretty much any game out there, how much do you actually know about "Rage" and the other titles around the corner?

Unlike most devs, twi interacts and shares a lot of info and while actual pvp footage is rare we still know what we get down to an incredible detail. Most features of the game has been discussed, shown and explained very well.

Its not like you're buying something blind , that argument wouldn't hold even without the HD footage.

Reactions: Nar6
Upvote 0
The "moderator must confirm post" thing is to keep a look out for spam accounts. It's really nothing you should be so hostile about.

Anyway, showing off loads of new HD footage near release time is a good idea. Considering RO2 is an underdog fps game, any "real" videos shown about a year ago would be easily forgotten by the bigger companies and their new games.

An influx of top-notch footage near release keeps the hype strong for release day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ugh so your threatening to not buy the game because you haven't seen mp footage. :rolleyes: haha like there gonna show it to you because of this post in fact they might spite you and make us wait a week. :mad:

silly pointless thread but they do need to give us some hd footage of some sort soon otherwise the game isn't gonna have any hype left to propel it to release. :cool:

Reactions: Hirmuinen
Upvote 0
Not really, no. The game Hard Reset was only announced a month ago, and it's coming out in September, only starting their marketing just recently.

I don't think they're making a mistake in waiting until a month before, put their heart and soul into a great marketing campaign that will be fresh on the minds of people, instead of trickling out ads and HD gameplay over a year away (when those people who would do that, are working on the game). Marketing strategies are changing, and are definitely different for the indie-developers when compared to the bigger studios and publishers.

Which would explain why I have never heard of Hard Reset.

I think they are making a mistake. Even at the price point I am holding off for now. I don't know enough about the game, and I was burned by the last few games I picked up. As a result I am hesitant to pick up any FPS games these days.

I could easily afford it, but whether it is worth the limited time I have to game is the question.

Upvote 0
They're leaving it a bit late wouldn't you agree?

Yup, I agree. While I applaud TWI for all their constant interaction with the community faithful, answering questions and filling in the blanks for features and such, it seems odd that we haven't seen new, decent HD footage this close to release. Footage will bring new players and build anticipation much more strongly among those who haven't a clue about HOS than a bunch of text.

Unlike the OP, I'm not *****in, I've preordered and can't wait to play it regardless of what teasers I see or not. But still, it's a valid point.

Upvote 0
Yeah it is kind of odd, the selling point is multiplayer and so far all there has been is off camera 4 player firefight on danzig which doesnt do the game justice :p

thats the whole point name a game recently that hasnt put any videos up even leaked on youtube :confused: this game is so under marketed it gives the impression its going to fail before its started.

this doesnt mean the games bad but if you not a regular on this forum or not heard about this game it will slip straight on by.

im not threating anything im just not going to buy without anything to go on due to the recent or last few years of poor fps titles.

i dont want to throw money away for the sake of being loyal and a pc gamer im done with that ;) i want somekind of viewing of what im paying for any there are alot more who dont want to be wasting cash on a poor game.

thing is a one minute decent vid of mp in hd on max would show you and create alot more sales than not doing one unless the game is bad and it doesnt want to show you this before launch when they have your pre order cash.

why would you not make or take advantage of a way to make thousands or maybe more sales for free with a quick video.

you may say sod him but its not just me alot want to see the game but have seen nothing so your losing sales for basically a decent video which wouldnt take long very silly strategy indeed.

Upvote 0
Im sure as we are typing all this stuff in the forums, they are getting ready for a big press release online and getting the beta ready for the people that pre-ordered the game. And I bet they are working on you're HD videos you want to see. Just sit back relax, pre order and the end of the month will be here soon. :D " Grabs beer "

Reactions: RobfromEssex
Upvote 0
Which would explain why I have never heard of Hard Reset.

Never heard of it either {start googling now}
"Lol at bloody screen" was the first reaction coming to mind:p
(looks nice though)

I think they are making a mistake. Even at the price point I am holding off for now. I don't know enough about the game, and I was burned by the last few games I picked up. As a result I am hesitant to pick up any FPS games these days.

Personally I would expect a gameplay trailer when they opened the pre-ordering, so people have a t least one HD video with normal in-game (more than 4 players) gameplay to judge.

I am also very disappointed at almost every FPS lately, but that actually made me believe in the game without question (because they care:))

Upvote 0
brennok;785811 I think they are making a mistake. Even at the price point I am holding off for now. I don't know enough about the game said:
Yep. Pretty much the same as you except money is kind of tight. I'm directly torn between Battlefield 3 and RO2. The fact that I've seen a ton more footage of BF3 has me leaning more towards that game. Just weeks away from release RO2 hasn't done enough to convince me to put down my money.

Upvote 0
Yep. Pretty much the same as you except money is kind of tight. I'm directly torn between Battlefield 3 and RO2. The fact that I've seen a ton more footage of BF3 has me leaning more towards that game. Just weeks away from release RO2 hasn't done enough to convince me to put down my money.
RO1 is enough of a reason.

BF3 spray and prey+HP based tanks vs.
RO

Upvote 0

Here's how I look at it:

Look at is this way, since the Pacific Theatre MOD/EXP for RO2 (Rising Storm) is slated to be released soon after the full game RO2 is it's like getting 2 games in 1 and that's not even including the other MOD/EXP Vietnam (called "In Country" I believe) which will be coming out later. That and the fact that the DEVS have indicated they'll go the way of RO1 with DLC (FREE maps, tanks etc. etc.) I'm stoked that I can give a DEV studio like Tripwire some money!
Plus they are again releasing the dedicated server files to the public (yay...I always host a few servers myself) and are going heavy on the anti-cheat commitment right out of the box (VAC, PunkBuster and PBBANS server-streaming).

In contrast to that we have EA/DICE whom I've given much much more money than they've ever deserved. The last game I purchased from EA/DICE (Medal of Honor 2010) was in fact a FANTASTIC game (ran smoother than silk, sounded great, graphics were phenominal) but EA/DICE punched the community in the face by charging for DLC (which I fell for) but due to the lack support from EA/DICE no one even played that DLC (the day after I bought the one DLC pack I found 1 other person in the world playing it?!?!) lack of anti-cheat support/commitment the game was hacked to bits and it didn't need to be.
It was just painfully obvious that EA/DICE had quickly put out MOH 2010 and then moved on. I don't respect studios that do that.

Tripwire isn't one of those which is why RO1 is still being played today and I have no problems sending money their way!

Upvote 0
It's true. So far we've seen barely anything, in fact zero MP footage. It's all been bots with their incredibly horrid AI.

They really should invest in getting some good MP footage out there because showing off the bots is just bad for business. Anyone that hasn't played RO before wouldn't touch RO2 with a 10ft pole based solely of the footage they've released.

Despite the 20% savings, I'm waiting until I see some proper footage before I put my money down. I've seen more footage of games that aren't out until 2012 than I have of RO2.
They are going to post some HD multiplayer gameplay soon, they said they would be bombing us with stuff this month, we just have to wait a little bit more

Upvote 0