• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The one and only "Can I run this game" thread

So how would I do with these specs I'm planning to get? This is mostly an entry level rig which means when I can I will eventually upgrade it, but right now this is all I can afford.

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition 955 3.2GHz Quad
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Graphics card: SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850 1GB
Hard Drive: Samsung Spinpoint 1TB 7200 RPM

Changed my specs to allow me to afford a way better GPU while maintaining the same price range. Insight?
you'r joking right????? that thing will run on high for sure.

GeForce GT 335M
Core 2 Duo U7300 @ 1.30Ghz
2048MB RAM

Can my computer run this game?
Well by the specs I see itas not a desktop PC,looks like its laptop,i would hate to say this but the GPU and CPU are kinda weak,I mean they dont even met min requirements,CPU is dual but its slow at 1.30ghz....the CPU is 335M,I think you will have problems running the game smooth.

Upvote 0
you'r joking right????? that thing will run on high for sure.

Yeah I know. I just posted out of excitement and nervousness being that it will be my first solo build.

My older cousin who got me into PC gaming way back was I was younger usually guided me through out the years but now he's married, has kids and lives in another state. So now I take up the challenge on my own. :D

Upvote 0
I was wondering if my PC could run RO2 on at least medium settings. I have Vista 64 bit, AMD Phenom 9150e Quad Core @ 1.8 ghz, BFG 9800 GT, and 5GB RAM. I heard that RO2 is GPU heavy and I was thinking of upgrading to a 430 GT for $90 at my local Best Buy. I think it said it needs a 300w PSU and I have a 650w PSU. I also know the processor is not the best, but I don't think I can upgrade it at all from what I was told by an HP support person. My PC model is an HP a6655f. If anyone has any performance suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Will it work?

Will it work?

We all hate how companies dont standardize the power of their GPUs right?

Well I am a bit concerned that my nVidia GeForce 6150 wont be able to run RO2. From what the specs say it seems like I would need a series 7......AHEM fixing my misinformation... seeing now what the GeForce 7800 GTX (see what I mean? forget a goddamned "X" and its a whole different story!) is showing that its actually much better than the 6150 can someone let me know if the game will even run? I dont want to buy the game and have it say ERROR YOUR VIDEO CARD SUCKS. Thanks.

P.S. I do meet the minimum requirements for processor and RAM for the game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dude you're fine. Those system requirements are full of ****. It recommends an ATI 5750 or better, but I have an ATI 5700. I have more than double the recommended video memory and pixel / vertex shaders that are way beyond what it wants.

A 1 GB video card with proper stuff is a 1 GB video card, regardless of the number.

Edit: Frankly I think it's all a scam to get you to buy the newest stuff.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We all hate how companies dont standardize the power of their GPUs right?

Well I am a bit concerned that my nVidia GeForce 6150 wont be able to run RO2. From what the specs say it seems like I would need a series 7......AHEM fixing my misinformation... seeing now what the GeForce 7800 GTX (see what I mean? forget a goddamned "X" and its a whole different story!) is showing that its actually much better than the 6150 can someone let me know if the game will even run? I dont want to buy the game and have it say ERROR YOUR VIDEO CARD SUCKS. Thanks.

P.S. I do meet the minimum requirements for processor and RAM for the game.

No it wont that card would even have problems with ro1 im pretty sure its an integrated one. I had a computer with that a long time ago and it was horrible and Fleck does say yes unless you actually know.

Upvote 0
the series number is no measure of the power of the card.

AMD 5850 (which I have, 5 series) is better than the 6700 96 series)
Afaik it is the same with Nvidia.

6150 is far worse than my old 5800 and that thing is nowadays crap (imho, I am a graphic hore:rolleyes:)

So I concur with the post above me (but you can always try, right?)

Upvote 0
Do you think I can run it?

Do you think I can run it?

Hey,

So I really loved the first RO. I want to play this one but I am shy of the lowest requirements by 0.2 GHz on my processor. Here is my specs:

Processor: Dual Core 2.1 GHz
RAM: 2 GB
Graphics card: Nvidia 9400M (Should do quite nicely)

I've run games such as battlefield bad company 2 and call of duty modern warfare 2 on it with barely a hitch. What do you think? Obviously I except that there can be no guarantee but hopefully you can help me out a bit. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Ill throw this here too :p

Just felt like putting my 2cents on what I think of the minimum requirements.

I would like to add details to CPU requirements. It would be nice to see more details because giving a clock speed should not and does not cut it anymore.

To Clarify.

A user with for example a PentiumD 2.8Ghz (Smithfield / Presler) its 500Mhz above the minimum requirements yet will not have better performance then the user with the Core2Duo 1.86 6320

This is because the Core2 has a superior architecture and pushes many more instructions per clock cycle. This is due to CPU instructions, Amount of Cash memory, speed of the bus...

So for the fun of it, I will make a more detailed list of CPU and Video minimum recommendations based on my knowledge as a tech, experience as a gamer and the general specs provided.

Intel CPU Minimum in performance order.
Core2Duo 1.86Ghz (E6300, 6320) (should struggle past 16 players during action)
Pentium D 2.8Ghz
Pentium D 3.0Ghz to 3.4Ghz
Intel Pentium E2200 E2210 – 2.20 GHz (1 MB L2, 800 - 1033MHz FSB)
Core2Duo 2.13Ghz (E6400. 6420)
Intel Pentium E5200 – 2.50 GHz (2 MB L2, 800 MHz FSB)
Core2Duo 2.33GHz (E6550)
Core2Duo 2.40Ghz (E6600)
Core2Duo 2.67Ghz (E6700) and up are recommended.

Q6XXX Quad Core processors are great as the game appears to be well threaded. Props to TWI.

E8XXX Dual core cpu's are perfect due to the high amount of L2 Cash. Dual core performance crown of it's time.

AMD Processors.

Athlon 64 X2 4200+ 2.2Ghz. struggle
Athlon 64 X2 4600+ 2.4Ghz struggle
Phenom X3 8450 2.3Ghz ?
Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 2.6Ghz Good
Athlon X2 7450 2.4Ghz Should be good
Phenom X4 9350e 2.0Ghz should be fine due to extra cores.
Athlon 64 X2 5200+ 2.7Ghz Good
Phenom X4 9650 2.3Ghz
Athlon X2 7750 Good

X2 5600, 6000, 6400 don't need detailing. All good
All Athlon II's are good.
All Phenom II's are good

GPU Nvidia

8600GT Should work,low settings, low fps
9600GT Same
7800GTX - Minimm
8800GTS should be fine (320M version on lower details to save memory)
8800GT will be good.

ATI
3650 Should work slowly
2900GT
3850-3870 should be good.
4650-4670 will work just fine. (I Mafia2 runs perfectly on a 4650)

Onboard GPU's are totally useless... Specially on laptops.
Only High end No battery life 1000$ + Laptops with a good balance of Phenom or I3/5 CPU + Nvidia 460 to Radeon 5600M should run it. Laptop GPU's perform half as fast as the respective Desktop GPU.

Ram Memory
2Gigs XP
3Gigs+ Windows Vista/7

Taking into account that XP is running below 600MB of usage and Windows 7 below 1.5gig of usage.

4 GB DDR2 Ram
AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core 4200+ 2.2 GHz
ATI Radeon HD 1GB 4650 OC'd (I passed my warranty time so I was like meh what the hell)
Windows Vista Home Prem. 32 Bit

I already Pre-ordered but might as well ask the pro's
Videocard will be good for medium.
CPU might work for low but it will struggle on more then 16 players.
Socket AM2 or 939. If it's 939, you need new mobo and ram. if it's am2 you can find a used X2 5200 for really cheap and stick it in. Your 4200 is bottlenecking your videocard.

W7 64bit
E8400 dual core 3.0ghz
4gigs of ram
8800GTS
Your CPU is perfect
Your Videocard GPU is good, memory on your videocard is another question

GTS320 = 320MB ram... It will run on low, or a mix of low and medium on lower resolution. 1280x720 for example to save memory usage.
GTS512 or 640 should run medium to medium high.

Again, this is just an opinion, I might be wrong.
My info is based of comparing experience with multiple different hardware on different games.

Last edited:
Upvote 0