• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weapons suggestions

Since RO2 will feature static machine-guns mounted on tripods will we also see mounted machine guns in RS?

Like the [SIZE=-1]Model 92 for example? Fed with 30 round strips it sure delivers suppression for short periods and not dominating the entire battlefield, but rather creating a tactical challenge for the Americans to out flank it?
[/SIZE]

The type 92 was a pretty iconic weapon of the Pacific theatre ;)

Upvote 0
The type 92 was a pretty iconic weapon of the Pacific theatre ;)

Couldn't have a Pacific game without the woodpecker, in many ways better than the .30cal. Slow rate of fire means it doesn't overheat and it's rate of fire can be kept constant with a loader feeding in new clips from a crate without a larger pause to change belts or boxes ( except fetching new crates ).

+ Easier to control due to lower RoF and therefore more accurately placed fire, but less suppressive potential.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is a tricky one, but any possibility of knee mortars? They're a unique Japanese weapon that would give the Imperial Army/Navy a much needed boost in firepower. They would also be a good distinguishing weapon of elite riflemen, seeing as Japan never fielded semiautomatic rifles in significant numbers. Could be tough to implement though--but I thought I'd throw it out there. :)

Come to think of it it seems like RS might not even have an assault class for the IJA... the Type 100 smg, contrary to CoD gameplay, was extremely rare. Interesting consideration.

Love the RS screens by the way--especially the sky effects. What an innocent, blue, cumulus-filled tropical vista overlooking utter carnage below. :cool: Jungle looks darn nice too!

Upvote 0
This is a tricky one, but any possibility of knee mortars? They're a unique Japanese weapon that would give the Imperial Army/Navy a much needed boost in firepower. They would also be a good distinguishing weapon of elite riflemen, seeing as Japan never fielded semiautomatic rifles in significant numbers. Could be tough to implement though--but I thought I'd throw it out there. :)

Come to think of it it seems like RS might not even have an assault class for the IJA... the Type 100 smg, contrary to CoD gameplay, was extremely rare. Interesting consideration.

Love the RS screens by the way--especially the sky effects. What an innocent, blue, cumulus-filled tropical vista overlooking utter carnage below. :cool: Jungle looks darn nice too!

You, sir, are echoing the thoughts the dev team were having at the inception of this project.

I can't reveal the results of our deliberations yet, time will tell.

Reactions: Nikita
Upvote 0
We have to have the Type 97 sniper! I had an nonadjustable scope so the sight picture was set up with increments for wind and distance. I can't really find a picture of the scope reticule but its too cool to leave out of this game!
Also, I'd love to see Last Ditch rifles like some other people suggested.

Upvote 0
I'm sure I don't even need to suggest this but you must have the Type 99 Nambu light machine gun, it is just as iconic as the Woodpecker Type 92. Another interesting weapon was the Type 97 AT rifle, semi-automatic, 20mm calibre and capable of penetrating the Stuart from any angle at close ranges. Although fairly rare, hero weapon perhaps.

Upvote 0
I'm sure I don't even need to suggest this but you must have the Type 99 Nambu light machine gun, it is just as iconic as the Woodpecker Type 92. Another interesting weapon was the Type 97 AT rifle, semi-automatic, 20mm calibre and capable of penetrating the Stuart from any angle at close ranges. Although fairly rare, hero weapon perhaps.

You'd have to be a hero to carry that thing around - what was it? about 60kg?

Upvote 0
If the M1897 is implemented, give it the realistic range of a shotgun. Not this Call of Duty/Battlefield 10 yard maximum lethal range. In real life a shotgun like that is capable of a lethal pattern at near to 100 meters.

300 feet for a shotgun? Not likely, at least with buckshot, regardless you'll have some significant bullet drop and quite a large pattern. From my hunting experience, you'd be lucky to get a good shot past 50 meters with buckshot. Slugs are another story though, you'd get well over 100 meters out of them, more if you've got a rifled barrel, but I don't think they were used in combat.

Regardless, the pellet spread should be realistic, like you said non of this 10-foot circle stuff at 30 feet.

Upvote 0
What I really want to see in any mod is the addition of AT guns. I, personally, could not care less if they cant be moved but I would love to see a little M3 37mm AT gun knock out one of japans tankettes. Plus Japanese at guns were one of the few things that could actually hurt a sherman from a distance.

Upvote 0
How about a type 44 & the M1 Jhonson?

attachment.php

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh, and the M1A1 and M3 Carbines would be cool, too :)

The M1A1 Carbine was used by Paratrooper's because it's folding stock made it ideal for jumps. The USMC infantry (not paramarines) and the GI's fighting in the Pacific just used the M1 Carbine, warts and all.

I like the idea brought up in this thread: [url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=73985[/URL] to use mobile gun teams - the M1919 for the US and Type 92 for the IJA.

Medium Mortars - the M1 for the US and Type 97 for the IJA. Both 81mm. Use system where the gunner deploys the weapon (can relocate) and Commanders/Squad Leaders/Tank Commanders call in co-ordinates.

Give one man on each team (to prevent overuse/spam) the M7 Rifle Grenade (for the US) and Type 89 Mortar (for the IJA).

Upvote 0