• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

DEMO question,don't kill the messanger

God not pre-order beta. I've played RO since 2006, and currently do not have the cash in bank to purchase via steam. I am planning to buy it on release via store in box copy.

A better idea would be to permit all people who have bought RO 1 before beta is released, and permit people who pre-order RO 2 into the beta.

That way, the oldies are looked after and Tripwire get sales from people pre-ordering because they want to get into beta.

Although honestly, I cannot see Tripwire making pre-order as a way to enter Beta. Tripwire want to expand their audience, and to do that, they will want people to try the game for free so they are more likely to buy the game.

Upvote 0
That method makes plenty of sense, to be honest. But I hope it's not too hard to get into the beta or anything. Y'all know I'd absolutely love a key myself. :p

Actually it doesn't make sense because Steam doesn't give back the money if you decided not buy the game...i know of people that got that problem with MoH...no, not me , never bought that piece of junk.

It even makes less sense for the ones like me that prefer the boxed version, so, pre-ordering via Steam is not an option.

Better simply give a Beta key (directly and automaticly by email or via PM) to any one of this forum that made a post in last 6 months or something like that *and/or* give beta keys to anyone that has ROO41-45 *or* Killing Floor and also to CoD/BF players that are in Steam.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Everyone who has RO1 on Steam should a beta key through Steam. Then, RO1's announcement page and these forums get a link to the beta key aquisition site so everyone frequenting these forums or playing RO itself gets the word first. After about a day, a press release for the beta key goes out. This gives any and all RO fanatics a good head start in the races and ensures all of RO's Steam players, who seem very likely to buy again if they see a quality sequel, get a beta key.

It also assures WE ALL GET BETA KEYS. I've heard "20,000" thrown out there. 20,000 public keys with all previous buyers getting their own keys as well sounds hella good for business and for players.

Upvote 0
Actually it doesn't make sense because Steam doesn't give back the money if you decided not buy the game...i know of people that got that problem with MoH...no, not me , never bought that piece of junk

Sure it does. Or rather, you contact Steam support enough time before the game releases (a couple days, to be safe) and they will refund your purchase amount.

I got my money back from MoH, because I DID buy that piece of junk... initially.

Upvote 0
Actually it doesn't make sense because Steam doesn't give back the money if you decided not buy the game...i know of people that got that problem with MoH...no, not me , never bought that piece of junk.

Although the point is clear, not a very god comparison. MoH had an open beta, so no pre-order required. (or was that only for me?:rolleyes:)

pre-order and beta is actually a goodcombo.
The ones who want to help in the beta and want the game can, the ones who are not sure can just wait till launch.

I don't see whats wrong with excluding people who play it as a demo, it is better than no serious beta at all:p

Upvote 0

It even makes less sense for the ones like me that prefer the boxed version, so, pre-ordering via Steam is not an option.

Better simply give a Beta key (directly and automaticly by email or via PM) to any one of this forum that made a post in last 6 months or something like that *and/or* give beta keys to anyone that has ROO41-45 *or* Killing Floor and also to CoD/BF players that are in Steam.

Steam gives money back on pre-orders.

Upvote 0
Not so !!!

I also participated in the open "Beta" (it was actually a demo) w/o the need to pre-order but before of that open "beta" there was a previous "beta" exclusive for pre-orders.

As for cancel pre-orders, it was indeed a problem with *some* of the pre-orders attempts of cancellation ....later Steam started to accept them AFAIK....maybe was EA fault or something but really happened.

UK EA Battlefield series (more exactly in the BFBC2 section) foruns had several posts about it.

Although the point is clear, not a very god comparison. MoH had an open beta, so no pre-order required. (or was that only for me?:rolleyes:)

pre-order and beta is actually a goodcombo.
The ones who want to help in the beta and want the game can, the ones who are not sure can just wait till launch.

I don't see whats wrong with excluding people who play it as a demo, it is better than no serious beta at all:p

Reactions: Matkailija
Upvote 0
Demo for RO2 - no.

Free weekends at some point - quite likely.

Beta - there will be more about that next week. There will be more opportunities!

Yoshiro why dont you guys make it official for people that preorder RO2 will automatically get BETA invite.

Profit:
-more sales at start
-ROOST vets and people who played ROOST for over 400hrs can be of a lot of help chisseling out the few left over bugs while having fun.
-new comers to the game and community
-new videos leaked (which I'm sure most of those will be in HD for show boating the graphics)

***and last but not least all the above will bring HYPE and ensure more sales down the road.***

Reactions: Hobitt
Upvote 0
Extremely valid point. But also don't want the beta to discourage people and cause them to cancel.

But I think it would really help to have a Beta invite for pre-orderers.

You know my man I bet that TWI rather have small precentage of their customers canceling preorders,than the same customers buying the game,not liking it,cant return it for refound,and then they start going like a waitress on power trip on the net posting rubbish reviews not just about the game but the dev team also.

No one needs bad rep,I can vouch for this one.

I'm pretty sure if not all,almost all who will preorder the game will be RO1 players and newcomers who are fed up with todays not supported/simplified FPS mainstream games and they will know that this is realistic FPS niche game that is trying to enter the mainstream by bringing quality and long term support to the table.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not so !!!

I also participated in the open "Beta" (it was actually a demo) w/o the need to pre-order but before of that open "beta" there was a previous "beta" exclusive for pre-orders.

As for cancel pre-orders, it was indeed a problem with *some* of the pre-orders attempts of cancellation ....later Steam started to accept them AFAIK....maybe was EA fault or something but really happened.

UK EA Battlefield series (more exactly in the BFBC2 section) foruns had several posts about it.

Didn't know, thanks for mentioning.

Upvote 0